RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2009

What size Stigmata are you riding?

Advice needed as geometry specs on website are confusing me.

I'm 6'1" with a 34" inseam and the Santa Cruz sizing guide has me down for a 58cm.
    The toptube is 22.6" (57.5mm) which seems long for a cross bike of that size especially compared to the likes of Ridley.

Experiences of how they ride size up would be much appreciated.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Haven't ridden a Ridley so I can't comment on how they fit, but I am 5'9" and ride the 56cm with a 90mm stem. 58 sounds about right for you but of course that depends on your reach etc. From what I have heard, Ridley's geometry is a little different. Shorter top tubes with big standover. They wouldn't work for me.

World's 1st Anal-rapist

Ridleys ARE different.

My Crossbow is a 54 and I am 6'00" on the mark. Very tall compared to others. As for the Stigmata, that sounds right to me. Most advise to go as close to your road bike size as possible.
    Oh, I've been in the film business for a while, but I just can't seem to get one in the can.

O-kay, who'd like a banger in the mouth? Right, I forgot, here in the States, you call it a *sausage* in the mouth.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2009
    Thanks for the replies.
    It does make sense as I ride a 58cm Allez (TT 58.2cm) and a XL On-One Pompino (TT 57.5cm). I've tried a 56cm Stigmata and while it felt nice and 'chuckable' I need the bike for some road miles too.

I was riding a 62!! Pro-lite Piemonte which is a similar geometry to the Ridley's. Whilst the TT @ 57cm was good it was like riding a gate and I had absolutely no standover!

The Stigmata does appear to be an anomaly in the world of cross frames. The geometry seems to be more of road design (sloping/longer TT) compared to more of the race orientated Ridley's Emprellas etc. Is it Californian thing?

Not Banned

not really

Quote Originally Posted by ackie
    Thanks for the replies.
    It does make sense as I ride a 58cm Allez (TT 58.2cm) and a XL On-One Pompino (TT 57.5cm). I've tried a 56cm Stigmata and while it felt nice and 'chuckable' I need the bike for some road miles too.

I was riding a 62!! Pro-lite Piemonte which is a similar geometry to the Ridley's. Whilst the TT @ 57cm was good it was like riding a gate and I had absolutely no standover!

The Stigmata does appear to be an anomaly in the world of cross frames. The geometry seems to be more of road design (sloping/longer TT) compared to more of the race orientated Ridley's Emprellas etc. Is it Californian thing?
    a 58 cm cross bike with a 57.5 TT sounds like a good fit, typically close to square is pretty common
    Ridleys are an anomaly Empellas fit differently, but they measure C=T so it looks odd. Their C-C is pretty square
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Any updates on this...