Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 832
  1. #51
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    102
    that green shamrock is f'ing beautiful...well done!

  2. #52
    mattpnewell
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    86

    95% Done

    Frame: Specialized Crux
    Fork: Specialized carbon 1 1/8 to 1 1/2 tapered
    Shifters: SRAM Red
    Brakes: Avid Shorty Ultimate with SwissStop yellow pads
    Front Der: SRAM Force with K-Edge gold chain keeper
    Rear Der: SRAM Red
    Cassette 6700 12-27
    Crank: SRAM Red with 46 tooth Rotor Q Ring, 38 tooth Red
    Chain: KMC X10-SL Pink Lady
    Wheels: Easton EC90 Aero
    Tires: Challenge Grifo 700x34
    Seatpost: Thomson Elite Setback
    Saddle: Fizik Antares
    Bar: PRO Vibe 7s 42
    Stem: Specialized 100mm, but will change for a PRO when it comes in
    Hudz: SRAM Soft Grip Red. I ride for the HUDZ-Subaru team, so I'm throwing out some love. These are awesome, and are super grippy.
    Pedals: Shimano XTR - The only way to go for cross. In my opinion.

    Bar angle changed after the took the picture. Didn't realize I put it that high in the stand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Cross Rigs: Post em up!-36647_410196812658_121983367658_4745491_8357015_n.jpg  
    Last edited by avalnch33; 07-10-2010 at 07:53 PM.

  3. #53
    Do not touch the trim.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,379
    Quote Originally Posted by avalnch33
    Frame: Specialized Crux
    Fork: Specialized carbon 1 1/8 to 1 1/2 tapered
    Shifters: SRAM Red
    Brakes: Avid Shorty Ultimate with SwissStop yellow pads
    Front Der: SRAM Force with K-Edge gold chain keeper
    Rear Der: SRAM Red
    Cassette 6700 12-27
    Crank: SRAM Red with 46 tooth Rotor Q Ring, 38 tooth Red
    Chain: KMC X10-SL Pink Lady
    Wheels: Easton EC90 Aero
    Tires: Challenge Grifo 700x34
    Seatpost: Thomson Elite Setback
    Saddle: Fizik Antares
    Bar: PRO Vibe 7s 42
    Stem: Specialized 100mm, but will change for a PRO when it comes in
    Hudz: SRAM Soft Grip Red. I ride for the HUDZ-Subaru team, so I'm throwing out some love. These are awesome, and are super grippy.

    Bar angle changed after the took the picture. Didn't realize I put it that high in the stand.
    Really like that new Crux frameset. Weight?

  4. #54
    mattpnewell
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheRivet
    Really like that new Crux frameset. Weight?
    17.5 once i put on cables and housing, but it can get down to 17 flat with a lighter stem, bar, and seatpost, but I choose durability there.

  5. #55
    Number 2 on the course.
    Reputation: PeanutButterBreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,405
    Looks nice, but needs a black seatpost. (Yeah, I'm "that guy")

  6. #56
    Cyclocross is Seasonal?
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by avalnch33
    Crank: SRAM Red with 46 tooth Rotor Q Ring, 38 tooth Red
    I run Q rings too... but why the round smaller ring and elliptical big ring?

  7. #57
    mattpnewell
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegancx
    I run Q rings too... but why the round smaller ring and elliptical big ring?
    i just happen to like it that way. little different i guess. still shifts fine.

  8. #58
    veldrijder
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by avalnch33
    17.5 once i put on cables and housing, but it can get down to 17 flat with a lighter stem, bar, and seatpost, but I choose durability there.
    I think a frameset weight is more beneficial, since we don't know what everything you have on there weighs... It's a sweet looking frame anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterBreath
    Looks nice, but needs a black seatpost. (Yeah, I'm "that guy")
    No, I think everybody is "that guy". Silver seatposts look out of place on most current builds, especially if there is not other silver components (stem, headset, hubs, etc) to tie it together.

  9. #59
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Chagrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    31
    Almost there with my new Crux-
    Its an Expert frameset built with Sram Rival, HED wheels, FSA Bars, I'll be rolling on Challenge Griffo and Fango tires this year-


    http://gallery.roadbikereview.com/da...ary_-_0001.jpg

  10. #60
    mattpnewell
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoote
    I think a frameset weight is more beneficial, since we don't know what everything you have on there weighs... It's a sweet looking frame anyway.

    No, I think everybody is "that guy". Silver seatposts look out of place on most current builds, especially if there is not other silver components (stem, headset, hubs, etc) to tie it together.
    Frame, fork, headset, seat collar, der hanger, cable guide, spacers, and stem = 4.25lbs for a 54cm

    I only had a silver thomson, forgive me, I have a PRO coming with the stem to appease the masses.

  11. #61
    bike rider
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    48
    avalnch33 - is the new crux fork 'full carbon'? does it have a carbon steerer tube?
    ----------------------
    Enjoy riding.

  12. #62
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    791
    Here's mine - '10 Tricross Triple in road trim.

    Soul 3.0SL wheelset on 23c Gatorskins.

    Upgrading to a Rival compact groupset next spring.

  13. #63
    I'm new here.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    24

    first CX bike

    for my first CX season...

    Currently with roadie tyres for summer road mileage. Fun bike - go anywhere mosheen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Cross Rigs: Post em up!-jamesjunessride-004s.jpg  

  14. #64
    Devinci_rider
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    32

    Time Proteam 'Cross

    Well, just finished building it and can't wait to get it dirty. Enjoy!

    Time Proteam 'Cross (58tt)
    Velocity Rim/Hope Pro III hubs
    Dugast Typhoon (also have a set of wheels, with Rhinos)
    DuraAce 11-27 cass.
    Sram Red- shifters, r.der. crankset
    Force f.der with K-Edge chain catcher
    TRP Euro-X Mag. brakes
    GORE cables through-out (best upgrade for any shift/brake system)
    KMC gold chain
    TIMe mononlink stem
    DEDA newton bar "classic"
    Selle Italia Flite Team

    Both pedals and big ring with be changed in a month's time to Look quartz Ti and a 44T ring.
    Weight= 16.8lbs!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Cross Rigs: Post em up!-time-porteam-cross.jpg  

  15. #65
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    230
    Here is my custom Rock Lobster Scandium Cross bike with a special BB30 botom bracket. It has a mix of Red and Force, Thomson stuff throughout, and Zipp 303 with Chris king R45 hubs. Grifo tubies are pretty sweet, and I am looking forward to getting her muddy!! 17.5 pounds and durable!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Cross Rigs: Post em up!-p7290181.jpg   Your Cross Rigs: Post em up!-p7290182.jpg   Your Cross Rigs: Post em up!-p7290183.jpg  

  16. #66
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Chagrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    31
    Sweet! Zipp & Chris King a match made in heaven!!

  17. #67
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by HMBAtrail
    Gonna be some purdy bikes out on the course this year. Well done guys and gals.

    Here are our team bikes for this year.

    Amanda


    Jacob


    Will


    John


    Tim


    Tom


    Details














  18. #68
    Do not touch the trim.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,379
    Just finished building it. Out on a shakedown run. 16.5lbs with a modest part spec.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Cross Rigs: Post em up!-crossbike-002a.jpg   Your Cross Rigs: Post em up!-crossbike-003a.jpg  

  19. #69
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19

    Still going to swap pedals, tubulars, and seat.

  20. #70
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    123


    mine

    wheels are dt240 hubs amborio crono tubulars- will be on vittorias with a bit more grip when cx comes around- this is my gravel setup

  21. #71
    Do not touch the trim.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,379
    Quote Originally Posted by 2silent


    mine

    wheels are dt240 hubs amborio crono tubulars- will be on vittorias with a bit more grip when cx comes around- this is my gravel setup

    Fixed it for you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Cross Rigs: Post em up!-bike.jpg  

  22. #72
    Racing 'cross
    Reputation: mzeffex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    27
    All I need is the frame and brakes! That will be a Specialized Crux as soon as they're in stock.

    This whole build.. yes, including the frame... will scrape just under $800.







  23. #73
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    22
    finished these two up last tuesday, mine may be the first 2 in the country although shops should be getting them at this point. got a few rides in as well as a practice race last night and they are really great. 15.5lbs for 52CM bikes as built. slightly under 16 with the 50mm rims as opposed to the 38's no good pics yet because they arent quite done they are going to get vinyl decals over the red and blue to match our team kit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Cross Rigs: Post em up!-img_0312.jpg  

  24. #74
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: KMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    791

    Stevens

    Quote Originally Posted by the locust
    mine may be the first 2 in the country although shops should be getting them at this point.
    ?? what do you mean by this.....first for 2010/11 models??

    I just finished building up my Stevens Team CX bike last night (just need to cut the carbon steeerer tube)....although mine is last years frame.

    Michael

  25. #75
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by KMan
    ?? what do you mean by this.....first for 2010/11 models??

    I just finished building up my Stevens Team CX bike last night (just need to cut the carbon steeerer tube)....although mine is last years frame.

    Michael
    yeah sorry first for the new paintjob 2011 models.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2013/14 Cross Rigs: Post em up!
    By Erik_A in forum Cyclocross
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 11-26-2013, 05:00 PM
  2. 2012/13 Cross Rigs: Post em up!
    By Erik_A in forum Cyclocross
    Replies: 183
    Last Post: 12-25-2012, 05:32 AM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-04-2012, 04:06 PM
  4. Post 'em rigs!
    By JoeDaddio in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-24-2006, 03:44 PM
  5. Post your touring rigs.
    By adman_1 in forum Commuting, Touring and Ride Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-04-2005, 12:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •