Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Your Cross Rigs: Post em up!

471K views 839 replies 422 participants last post by  floridave 
#1 · (Edited)
Threw some slick tubies on until cross season. Can't wait!

Size 60. 17.5lbs. Except for the tire swap and the egg beaters, this thing is stock, right out of the box.

Still gotta dial it in and chop some steer tube etc.. Still deciding on cross tires as well.

See less See more
#3 ·
That C-dale is hot!

I'm hoping to have my Hot Tubes back from Toby in the next week or so. It's been gone so long it will feel like a new bike ;)

I'm hoping to raise enough funds to order another one sometime this year.

The old bank accounts are still recovering from last year when my wife got a Vagen and I got the Hot Tubes :)

#6 ·
Mine will be the same as last yr. And the yr before.......
Probably switching to 2 rings up front and a new saddle and bar tape. Yea. Big news.

#9 ·
"New to you":thumbsup:

#10 ·
Just ok'ed the geometry on my new crosser. Otherwise its still a pile of parts. :)

#11 ·
Custom? Who's the builder?

#12 ·
Kram said:
Custom? Who's the builder?
Vanilla- I got one of the custom Speedvagens on order. Got fitted by Sacha at the new shop the first week of May. Going to retire my 4 year old Orbea to pit/trainer duty.

#13 ·
Nice:thumbsup:

#15 ·

This is the setup as it appeared during the Snowpocalypse of 2010 and as it will most likely be raced this year. After the 2009 cross season I tore the whole bike apart and made it a bit more race worthy. The only thing I have left to do is cut the steerer tube. For the upcoming season I'll be running Challenge Grifo 32's on the primary wheelset (seen here) and Maxxis Raze on the spare set

#22 ·
jmoote said:
Last year's rig has no wheels at the moment since all the tubulars have yet to be glued, needs new brake pads and has had its pulley poached for another bike. Soon enough I'll get that back together and get photos up.

New for this year will be a Blue Norcross, for which I should have the frame and most parts by the weekend.

For now, half of my new wheelset:

(click for full size)
Those FMB racing Ralph tubies? I ran the 32mm last year and they were awesome. Thinking about snagging some 34mm's this year.

#26 ·
jmoote said:
Yes, 34. I only have one though (long story, but I was supposed to end up with a pair). I'll have it matched with a SSC tread on the back.

I think that will be a good combo anyhow. Last year I ran that setup a couple times... and have actually used an SSC on the back with a Rhino on the front quite a lot. Just like on a MTB.... it's nice to have a faster rolling tire in the rear and a bit more bite up front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.