Thread: merak 2010

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2010

merak 2010

anybody owns a merak 2010?i want to buy one but i want to know if its good.my city does not have a dealer and i cant see it.some photos would be very interesting for me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Great frame! My previous frame was an '08 Pinarello Prince, I like the feel of the De Rosa better. Stiffer, & more direct. The Prince may have been better for longer rides, or rough roads, but I don't do much of that anymore. The der. cables internally in the head tube are a little bit of a problem, needs some sorting out, but overall I am really happy with it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011

Merak

I am thinking about making a similar switch to the Merak from a Pinarello but was wondering about the sizing since I can't find one to test ride. Do you mind telling me what size your Prince was and what size Merak you got?
    Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sbdchoi
    I am thinking about making a similar switch to the Merak from a Pinarello but was wondering about the sizing since I can't find one to test ride. Do you mind telling me what size your Prince was and what size Merak you got?
    Thanks
    53cm on the Pinarello, (54.5cm top tube)

Derosa, 66 (their sizing), which is 54.5cm top tube also.

De Rosa's sizing charts can be a bit confusing. Unless you have really weird proportions (long/short arms/legs) go by the top tube length you have now, plus the head tube. From there you can size it to work.
    Last edited by DanMartin; 02-07-2011 at 12:48 PM.