Page 1 of 25 123 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004

Post your De Rosa here!

Ok, let's see them....I don't have one yet or I'd be first, but it's on my wish list and hope to soon.

RoadBikeReview Member

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004

Just got her this week

No on the road pics yet, but soon...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your De Rosa here!-cimg2050.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004

OK, boys and girls, It's official...

I am now a De Rosa fan club member...'04 Merak, 48cm sloping, '04 Campagnolo Chorus 10. I'll have to get some decent photos. I took these in my basement as soon as I was finished building it. Oh, happy day!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your De Rosa here!-img_5503.jpg   Post your De Rosa here!-img_5504.jpg   Post your De Rosa here!-img_5505.jpg   Post your De Rosa here!-img_5508.jpg   Post your De Rosa here!-img_5509.jpg  

Post your De Rosa here!-img_5510.jpg   Post your De Rosa here!-img_5512.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2005
    this is my derosa in bolombolo, colombia...great climbing bike..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your De Rosa here!-img_3431.jpg  

l'illustre sconosciuto
    I have owned quite a few De Rosa bikes. My favorites amongthose still in mycollection are my 35th anniversary and the 2000 Merak used by Roberto Conti.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your De Rosa here!-side-view.jpg  

l'illustre sconosciuto

Roberto Conti Merak

Here is a photo of the Merak. I have a letter of authentification from Cristiano De Rosa stating that it is indeed the exact bike ridden by Conti for his top 20 placement in the 2000 Tour de France. Cristiano had new handlebar tape applied, as well as new pedals (although he insisted that Conti used Look and not Time as advertised on the forks). I installed a shorter Newton stem (but still have the original.) All the rest is original except for the tires which were originally Michelin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your De Rosa here!-left-side.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    Pure sweetness!! I still have the 1989 (or 90?) De Rosa catalog featuring that white 35th bike. I used to drool over that for extended periods of time.

brewster

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005

Rescued from storage!

I built a surfboard for a guy who had this bike in storage for approx. 15 years. It had been ridden a grand total of 75 miles. The components have recently been upgraded to a mixture of Record and Chorus. Open Pro Wheels w/ Record hubs. A sweet ride!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your De Rosa here!-derosa1.jpg   Post your De Rosa here!-derosa2.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member

My De Rosa

Here's mine, back to steel from Al and carbon and I love it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your De Rosa here!-derosa.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    is it a carbon fork on that molteni primato?

Not Banned

nice pix at those passes

but why is your hair so perfect and no sweat? methinks you didn't ride said derosa to said locations. you look nowhere near knackered enough
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie
    but why is your hair so perfect and no sweat? methinks you didn't ride said derosa to said locations. you look nowhere near knackered enough
    The day with a red jersey I climbed Stelvio 2 times (from Bormio and Prato).
    Other day with a club jersey I did Mortirolo (Grosio) and Gavia (Ponte di Legno).
    There was a plenty of sweat...beleve me...it's just that it can't be seen on those photos. My jersey was all in salt. When climbing Mortirolo I even had my nose bleeding...smudged drops of blood mixed with a sweat can be seen on the jersey if you look closely.
    Here are the photos that show it better. Black parts of the jersey on the first pic will give you the right impression of how much sweat there was

1st pic: http://tinyurl.com/bv67m
    2nd pic: http://tinyurl.com/cyrjz
    Last edited by smokva; 01-24-2009 at 05:22 PM.
    Ante Smokrovic

2009 De Rosa Neo Pro - Fedaia, Giau, Pordoi, Sella, Gardena, Campalongo, Falzarego, Valparola, San Pellegrino, Valles, Staulanza, Vršič, Mangart, Furcia...

2003 De Rosa Team - Stelvio, Gavia, Mortirolo, Bonette, Agnel, Izoard, Fedaia, Giau, Pordoi, San Pellegrino, Staulanza, Manghen, Vršič, Učka, Mangart, Biokovo, Eisentalhöhe, Schonfeld, Schiestelscharte, Flattnitz...

Not Banned

see that 2nd pic looks more what I'd expect

you look more shot. I must compliment you on your hair. I wish mine looked that good after doing such climbs. the Stelvio and Gavia pix you look fresh as a daisy.
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

my new King Xlight

This is my new King Xlight that I got today...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your De Rosa here!-derosa-001.jpg   Post your De Rosa here!-derosa-002.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    My favorite King color
    Ante Smokrovic

2009 De Rosa Neo Pro - Fedaia, Giau, Pordoi, Sella, Gardena, Campalongo, Falzarego, Valparola, San Pellegrino, Valles, Staulanza, Vršič, Mangart, Furcia...

2003 De Rosa Team - Stelvio, Gavia, Mortirolo, Bonette, Agnel, Izoard, Fedaia, Giau, Pordoi, San Pellegrino, Staulanza, Manghen, Vršič, Učka, Mangart, Biokovo, Eisentalhöhe, Schonfeld, Schiestelscharte, Flattnitz...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Last edited by DuGast; 04-30-2006 at 09:35 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by brewster
    Ok, let's see them....I don't have one yet or I'd be first, but it's on my wish list and hope to soon.
    I posted this above, but what the hell. Unfortunately I sold it a few months back to a guy in LA. Hope he's taking good care of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your De Rosa here!-derosacorum.jpg  
    The world's only compatible bike builder.
    wrenchscience

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxxon
    No on the road pics yet, but soon...
    Your stoked, I loved my corum.
    The world's only compatible bike builder.
    wrenchscience

RoadBikeReview Member

early '80s De Rosa after a complete make over

Gotta love all that chrome, there is way too much black in today's rigs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your De Rosa here!-img_4273.jpg   Post your De Rosa here!-img_4274.jpg   Post your De Rosa here!-img_4275.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006

Every little counts...
    DeRosa Duel 2005 #660. Just built before this picture was taken. Looks good, built well (needs a good LBS to chase all of the threads, fabricate a BB guide, find LONG brake mounting bolts). Total mileage: 0. This will be raced, looking forward to it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your De Rosa here!-derosa-dual-660.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mine.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Can you give us few words about how that Avant rides
    It is an very interesting fframe...I might get one myself.
    Ante Smokrovic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005

A V A N T DeRosa

MD 80 ; n i c e B I C I !!! What size is frameset ; TT , HT , ST , Crank length ETC ?? Weight ?? Let us know how that honey rides / handles !!! Nice build . Check out review on AVANT at ; www.ciclismonline.it C i a o ; www.SpinOdyssey.com

Page 1 of 25 123 ... LastLast