RoadBikeReview Member

What years were the Primato made?

Hallo,

Ich looking for a De Rosa as it is my number 1 "want" on my wishlist. I was originally primarily looking at the "Neo" Primato due to availability. I also figured with the new Neo Ps, I'll know what I'm getting, in terms of quality and condition. But lately, due to how well my EL OS Mondonico rides, I have been playing with the idea of trying to find a used or NOS Primato in EL OS. My question is: were Primatos made with other tubesets, or was it only in EL OS? What years were they made? When did they stop the Primatos and when did they start with the Neo Primatos? I've got the itch pretty bad, and I need to scratch it big time! IF I can't find a Primato fairly soon, I think I will go ahead and PTT on the Neo P in Faema. That is the other factor- I want a Faema paint scheme more than anything. I've never seen any older Primatos with that scheme.

And OBTW, anyone know of any good sites in Europe that sells classic used bikes? I'm in Deutschland.

TIA!
    Last edited by Ride-Fly; 09-21-2012 at 04:57 AM. Reason: gramar
    Ordered and Fitted for my Custom DEAN Titanium frame on Sept 17th, 2008. Finally got it in Oct, 2010!!!

Hucken The Fard Up !
    I see the Deutsch is permeating into you ;)

And first

I guess eBay.de has some, or I can give you the email of some collector and retro bikes nuts here in CH that buy and sell them regularly.

You are not that far away now ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by zank
    They're just bikes. Ride 'em in the rain, salt, snow and crap to fully appreciate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Kelly
    The thing about the cold is that you can never tell how cold it is from looking out a kitchen window. You have to dress up, get out training and when you come back, you then know how cold it is.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salsa_Lover View Post
    I see the Deutsch is permeating into you ;)

And first

I guess eBay.de has some, or I can give you the email of some collector and retro bikes nuts here in CH that buy and sell them regularly.

You are not that far away now ;)
    Ja! Ja! JA!!!

I'm working on my Deutsch- it's a tough language! Hey Salsa, what languages do you speak? I've always envied that about you Europeans.

Does your friends speak English well? Do you know if they have what I'm after? Please pass along their email- I'll contact them.

BTW, I went to Lake Bodensee (Constance for non-Germans) last weekend. Another beautiful place in Europe! Man, I am loving it here!!! Don't know if I ever want to go back! The next time my brother is in town, we are going to go to Interlaken. Heard that is one of the most beautiful areas in all of Europe. Where are you in CH?

The only downside so far is that I haven't found many great riding routes near me. But I just learned that the Black Forest starts in a town near me, called Calw. I also need to meet up with a local cycling club.

Thanks Salsa!
    Ordered and Fitted for my Custom DEAN Titanium frame on Sept 17th, 2008. Finally got it in Oct, 2010!!!

Hucken The Fard Up !
    Spanish, French, Italian, German, Swiss German and a bit of Czech and Slovak

I live in Zürich, Interlaken is just some 120Kms away from my home, and yes there are many beautiful places to see around here ;)

will get the info and send it to you soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by zank
    They're just bikes. Ride 'em in the rain, salt, snow and crap to fully appreciate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Kelly
    The thing about the cold is that you can never tell how cold it is from looking out a kitchen window. You have to dress up, get out training and when you come back, you then know how cold it is.