RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008

All results from 1999-2006 gone?

I noticed on the official TdF website that all results 1999-2006 are gone http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2012/us/history/ are they just going to assume everyone who ever who a stage or placed on the podium was doping? I mean they'd probably be correct but I'm surprised they took it that far.

Online Wheel Builder
    Definitely kinda weird that there is such a large gap there. Almost as if the Tour never happened at all...

RoadBikeReview Member
    It's pretty sad when you think about it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    If they dig deeper there would be larger and more gaps. ASO should hire usada to do the investigations!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason1500 View Post
    I noticed on the official TdF website that all results 1999-2006 are gone http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2012/us/history/ are they just going to assume everyone who ever who a stage or placed on the podium was doping? I mean they'd probably be correct but I'm surprised they took it that far.
    They should probably expand that to 1980 through 2012.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBiker72 View Post
    Got a better idea....just scrap the TDF due to doping...seems like everybody is getting fired or leaving/retiring lol

RoadBikeReview Member
    That or accept it for what it is and let them all stand. Contador was struck from 2010 and replaced with Schleck. Really Schleck wasn't doping? And if Contador was doping in 2010 does any believe he wasn't in 2007 or 2009? I say wipe them all or let them all stand. Anything else is asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by NJBiker72 View Post

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert1 View Post
    That or accept it for what it is and let them all stand. Contador was struck from 2010 and replaced with Schleck. Really Schleck wasn't doping? And if Contador was doping in 2010 does any believe he wasn't in 2007 or 2009? I say wipe them all or let them all stand. Anything else is asinine.
    Agree. Money in pro sports os too great to not dope.

RoadBikeReview Member
    After looking at the doping wiki either all pro cycling records should stand or all should be wiped clean. It appears that from the beginning of cycling performance enhancing drugs have been used by most professional cyclists. If everyone has access to the same stuff then the playing field is level, I say let them all stand.
    People sleep peaceably at night because rough men and woman stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Oregon Bike MS 2013 Team Matfam

RoadBikeReview Member
    lol From the doping wiki....

The acceptance of drug-taking in the Tour de France was so complete by 1930 that the rule book, distributed by Henri Desgrange, reminded riders that drugs would not be provided by the organisers.[19]

Steaming piles of opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason1500 View Post
    I noticed on the official TdF website that all results 1999-2006 are gone History - Tour de France 2012 are they just going to assume everyone who ever who a stage or placed on the podium was doping? I mean they'd probably be correct but I'm surprised they took it that far.
    These "records" are equal in importance to who won the WWE that year.

Pro cycling is a spectacle, not a sport.

The UCI needs to get out of show business, and start (seriously) monitoring the actual sport of amateur cycling instead. What happens in the pro peloton is simply not relevant.
    A good habit is as hard to break as a bad one..