Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,907

    Another amateur suspended and this time it's a woman

    She's a physical therapist too. Hopefully this doesn't negatively impact her employment. People, we need to put things into perspective....

    USADA bans masters national MTB champion for doping violation | VeloNews.com

    Louisville Women Sports Network | FIT6: Cyclist Jenna Blandford
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

  2. #2
    The Slow One.
    Reputation: Alaska Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,539
    Sounded like a relationship that turned very, very bitter and resulted in the male doper ratting out the female doper.

    Hopefully it DOES impact her employment. The health care world could use a few less ethically-challenged people.

  3. #3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Mike View Post
    Sounded like a relationship that turned very, very bitter and resulted in the male doper ratting out the female doper.

    Hopefully it DOES impact her employment. The health care world could use a few less ethically-challenged people.
    while that could be the case, but it would also mean half the field would be emptied out!

  4. #4
    Adorable Furry Hombre
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    24,907
    It amazes me that multiple-degree-holding people would pull crap like this. Damn the "results" and winning medals, what this crap does to the body long-term is fairly well documented.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

  5. #5
    Neophyte
    Reputation: jetdog9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,354
    The decision document:
    https://www.usada.org/wp-content/upl...-Nov.-2017.pdf

    Anybody think she was framed? It surprises me that someone in her line of work would do this, knowing there may be health risks, etc. And I must have too much faith in humanity because it still surprises me that anybody would do this at an amateur level.

  6. #6
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: velodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    It amazes me that multiple-degree-holding people would pull crap like this. Damn the "results" and winning medals, what this crap does to the body long-term is fairly well documented.
    Education, or lack of, has nothing to do with one massaging ones Ego.
    Too old to ride plastic

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,673
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdog9 View Post
    Anybody think she was framed? It surprises me that someone in her line of work would do this, knowing there may be health risks, etc. And I must have too much faith in humanity because it still surprises me that anybody would do this at an amateur level.
    She refused to provide a DNA sample or supply her phone to have her texts examined. Read between the lines.

    I apologize if this causes thread drift but: I can't imagine having such an acrimonious relationship/breakup with someone. People really behave like this? Personal experiences?

  8. #8
    Adorable Furry Hombre
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    24,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter P. View Post
    She refused to provide a DNA sample or supply her phone to have her texts examined. Read between the lines.

    I apologize if this causes thread drift but: I can't imagine having such an acrimonious relationship/breakup with someone. People really behave like this? Personal experiences?
    Divorce Court isn't all fiction.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

  9. #9
    The Slow One.
    Reputation: Alaska Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdog9 View Post
    Anybody think she was framed? It surprises me that someone in her line of work would do this, knowing there may be health risks, etc.
    I don't think there's been a doping doctor yet that didn't sample the goods themselves.

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,197
    She was featured in a 'Baptist" newsletter? There is more than 'doping' going on here.
    BANNED

  11. #11
    The Slow One.
    Reputation: Alaska Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,539
    The questions in that Louisville Women Sports Network article were more on-target than the interviewer realized:
    Six Questions About Your Fitness & Health (answers edited for reality):

    1) What is your weekly training/exercise routine?
    Testosterone, human growth hormone (hGH), and oxandrolone.

    2) How do you prepare for a workout?
    Testosterone, human growth hormone (hGH), and oxandrolone.

    3) What do you eat, drink or do for quick energy?
    Testosterone, human growth hormone (hGH), and oxandrolone.

    4) What is your daily nutritional meal plan when training?
    Testosterone, human growth hormone (hGH), and oxandrolone.

    5) What do you snack on between meals when training?
    Testosterone, human growth hormone (hGH), and oxandrolone.

    6) What are your fitness & health goals?
    Testosterone, human growth hormone (hGH), and oxandrolone...

    ...and lots of medals.

Similar Threads

  1. Another amateur gets busted- Kyle Schmidt, EPO
    By Alaska Mike in forum The Doping Forum
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 07-03-2015, 04:46 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 05:24 PM
  3. Ullrich and Sevilla suspended by T-Mobile
    By bjarne in forum Pro Cycling - Tour de France
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-30-2006, 05:08 AM
  4. Suspended and no positive results???
    By weltyed in forum The Doping Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-14-2005, 12:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •