Thread: Bob Roll.

waterproof*

Bob Roll.

Has he made a public statement lately?
    * not actually a Rock Star

Good Person
    I heard him as a consultant on an interview somewhere recently; I will try to find it. He sounded disappointed....
    I like when you get to that point and I donít know if itís the endorphins kicking in or what, but you realize youíre so far from where you started, that youíre finally really somewhere else, a completely different place.

-Richard Sachs-

Where's that GPS?
    He can commiserate with Phil Liggett, over a glass of Merlot, I'm sure.

I like them both, but as high-profile media types (for a low-profile sport - at least in the U.S.) - they need to step up and make a statement - either for the past in the personage of Lance Armstrong or for the future and change throughout this sport starting at the UCI and working it's way down to local clubs.
    1980's - Centurion
    1990's - Peugeot
    2000's - Specialized
    2010's - Bianchi

''This story was so perfect for so long. It's this myth, this perfect story, and it wasn't true.'' - Lance Armstrong

RoadBikeReview Member
    Bob Roll can play clueless all he wants, but he was with Lance in Boone, NC after Lance's cancer diagnosis and I'm sure he knows almost everything that's gone on. They are buddies and he can't be that stupid, can he?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    Bob is doing the smart thing and keeping his mouth shut. Indurain on the other hand is not. Lie low let this sink in and blow over. By next summer it will be last year's news and BR can go back to commenting on the TDF like nothing happened.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Don't be so quick to roll over on Bob. I'm reading Hamilton's book and, according to him, dopers on the same team generally do not discuss what they are doing amongst themselves let alone others outside the team.

Not saying that Bobke didn't have an inkling but, I doubt Lance was telling him about his methods, meetings with Dr. Ferrari, etc.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Spinner View Post
    Don't be so quick to roll over on Bob. I'm reading Hamilton's book and, according to him, dopers on the same team generally do not discuss what they are doing amongst themselves let alone others outside the team.
    Well that appears to have been the case to some extent but Hamilton amongst many others over the years seems to indicate that riders spend an inordinate amount of time gossiping about doping in the peloton.

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne Barry View Post
    Well that appears to have been the case to some extent but Hamilton amongst many others over the years seems to indicate that riders spend an inordinate amount of time gossiping about doping in the peloton.
    And Roll was as "inside" as an outsider gets. He always talks about being on the ride with Armstrong that was the beginning of his comeback.

IMO, there's no way he didn't know, and there's no way Ligget and Sherwen didn't know. And that's why Ligget has been making an ass out of himself defending Armstrong ... as well as focusing on Livestrong in his "I suppose Armstrong did dope after all" interview.
    "He groaned when we hung the rope over the tree but was relieved to see the white pinata."
    -- Gut

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    ASK BOBKE on the next TDF.(if he`s still part of the team)