Bone idle wanker

File under "Moving forward".......

"I would say I was both a jerk and a humanitarian."

"To be honest, Oprah, we sued so many people, I cannot remember who."

Pencil of death
    I am shocked !

Matnlely Dregaend
    So we have Riis et al admitting that there was rampant doping in the peleton from 93-97, Telekom et al admitting there was rampant doping in the peleton from 97-98, Armstrong et al admitting there was rampant doping in the peleton from 99-05, and Rabobank et al admitting there was rampant doping in the peleton from 06-08.

But it's all behind us now, I tell you! Let's look to the future now that we've cleaned up the sport!

Every interview of anyone associated with professional cycling should begin with "Do you agree that there is rampant ongoing doping in professional cycling?" If the person answers no, the interview should immediately end because everything that follows should be considered a blatant lie. If these guys lie under oath there is nothing they can say that could ever be considered truthful.
    "I haven't @#&$ed like that since I was an altar boy." - Hank Moody
    “Bicycling has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world.” - Susan B. Anthony 1896
    "Genuine Campagnolo Spares - Inserts for Dura Ace pattern brake shoes." - PBK

RoadBikeReview Member
    This is ALL Lance's fault! Didn't Erik and Michael have a book where they claimed to never have doped?

It's a good thing this came to surface now. Most people can't get past what Hamilton has to say about Lance. This won't even be a blip on the radar.

Broken Legs Suck
    Dammit, Lance made Rabobank dope too?

Bone idle wanker
    "I would say I was both a jerk and a humanitarian."

"To be honest, Oprah, we sued so many people, I cannot remember who."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Dear Apologists for Armstrong,

Nice try lads, but it is no use . In time you will have to adjust to this reality:

Armstrong is not just another bad man in a long line of bad men. He is THE King of Doping, a pathological liar, a moral coward and a flat track bully (how else can you explain the way he treated women?) on an uniquely epic scale.
    All of the stuff catalogued above is bad, but are mere blips in comparison.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by albert owen View Post
    All of the stuff catalogued above is bad, but are mere blips in comparison.
    Which is the only reason any of them are confessing now. Of course, if they were good and honest people, they would have done that long ago, no?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011

File under "Moving forward".......

Why do some people still defend Lance? This is a serious question because I am curious. Is it because they don't believe USADA and the other rides who have "confessed"? Or do they think that Lance was treated too harshly? In my opinion (limited to American riders) it is clear that Lance doped and it is clear that these other riders doped. It is clear that Lance lied and it is clear that these other riders lied. The difference to me is Lance did many other things besides just doping and lying. Lance tried to destroy many people who did not go along with his plan. The only other American rider who did more than dope and lie was Landis. I think this is why Lance is being treated differently and I believe he should be treated differently. I also think there should be more investigation of the other riders especially George. Although I guess since he retired that he is off the hook. Seems like the system should start from zero and try to move forward with serious consequences when caught doping. So far the consequences have not been a deterrent to doping.