Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

Froome 2018 TdF doping thread - chat away!

Froome 2018 TdF doping thread - chat away!
    (It is hard for me to figure out how well TdF 2018 predictions have gone when the thread has been hijacked by a discussion of UCI drug policy and the epidemiology of asthma.)
    Froome 2018 TdF doping thread - chat away!-asmar.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Everybody in the TDF uses PEDs.

Proud luddite
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalGuy View Post
    Everybody in the TDF uses PEDs.
    Even the podium girls dammit. 😡

RoadBikeReview Member
    Doping? What doping? He is innocent and never, never, never used any illegal substances. He is all natural talent which has been enhanced by marginal gains. LOL.

I can't believe they let him off. The truth will eventually come out, just like with Lance.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013
    I went to bed last night, and ASO had said he couldn't race. I wake up, and apparently he was only 19% over the limit, and that is fine, so the case is dropped.

The sport is just a complete joke. It's US Postal all over again.

Anyone want to bet which stages he'll have bottles of piss squirted at him in?

Quote Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    Doping? What doping? He is innocent and never, never, never used any illegal substances. He is all natural talent which has been enhanced by marginal gains. LOL.

I can't believe they let him off. The truth will eventually come out, just like with Lance.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SNS1938 View Post
    I went to bed last night, and ASO had said he couldn't race. I wake up, and apparently he was only 19% over the limit, and that is fine, so the case is dropped.

The sport is just a complete joke. It's US Postal all over again.

Anyone want to bet which stages he'll have bottles of piss squirted at him in?
    How did they get 19% I wonder. I thought he was double the limit????
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    This has been well documented elsewhere and I can’t be bothered to do searches on other people’s behalf however it goes like something along the lines of 2000 reduced to high 1400s after taking local conditions etc into account. Although 1000 is the stipulated limit where a rider has to justify his reading, the actual trigger point is 1200

RoadBikeReview Member
    I still think the Ventolin is just a masking agent for some next level sh*t.
    "That pretty much sums it up. I'm 43 and my max is ~178-180. If that HR chart was mine or Froome's, we'd be on the verge of death. But for you it probably looks like a normal workout." -TLG

LOLOLOL

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 9W9W View Post
    I still think the Ventolin is just a masking agent for some next level sh*t.
    You are probably right.

RoadBikeReview Member
    They pulled it out of their ass, like they do so many other things excuses and rules/regulations. What's the point of having any testing anymore away? Dope away!
    I believe the children are the future. Teach them well and let them lead the way.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by The Weasel View Post
    They pulled it out of their ass, like they do so many other things excuses and rules/regulations. What's the point of having any testing anymore away? Dope away!
    Provided you are from a wealthy team and a top rider, you are now all but untouchable (again). The other riders who got popped below Froome's original readings, they must be so pissed. 9 month bans, they tried to get out of, and were told no. Froome keeps racing, has a stage win that harks back to Landis, and then the case is just dropped. They were reported to be pulling all sorts of bu!!**** justifications out of their a$$, and then it's dropped. Zero creditability for Sky, UCI and WADA.

Froome will win TdF this month. He is untouchable.

Matnlely Dregaend
    If I had the time and lived in France I'd be tempted to start storing some rotten eggs... This is going to be one hell of a welcome reception for team Sky!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    “Bicycling has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world.” - Susan B. Anthony 1896
    "Cycling and ethical bankruptcy have always gone together." - Bike Snob NYC
    "White personifies this generation's obsession with superficiality, one in which a carefully curated social media post is more important than the actual ride" - Daimeon Shanks
    "I haven't %^&* like that since I was an altar boy" Hank Moody

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    For those who are interested

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/media/ne...er-froome-case

Meanwhile the UCI don’t appear to have got too far in their investigation of the source of the leak. Given that there should be an even approach they should now publish the details of everyone who has a current and / or past AAF. Might make for some interesting reading

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSmile View Post
    If I had the time and lived in France I'd be tempted to start storing some rotten eggs... This is going to be one hell of a welcome reception for team Sky!

And I would help you by holding the carton and handing them to you.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coldash View Post
    WADA recognizes that, in rare cases, athletes may exceed the decision limit concentration (of 1200 ng of Salbutamol per ml of urine) without exceeding the maximum inhaled dose. This is precisely why the Prohibited List allows for athletes that exceed the decision limit to demonstrate, typically through a controlled pharmacokinetic study (CPKS) as permitted by the Prohibited List, that the relevant concentration is compatible with a permissible, inhaled dose.
    In Mr. Froome’s case, WADA accepts that a CPKS would not have been practicable as it would not have been possible to adequately recreate the unique circumstances that preceded the 7 September doping control (e.g. illness, use of medication, chronic use of Salbutamol at varying doses over the course of weeks of high intensity competition).

OK, so let me get this straight...
    Only a CPKS can demonstrate such a rare instance in which an athlete used the allowed dose, but still tested over target, AND they determined a CPKS is not feasible in this case, BUT they still found in Froome's favor.

Amazing!

This amounts to:
    UCI - "Mr. Froome, did you use more than allowed?"
    Chris Froome - "No"
    UCI - "OK, works for me"

This essentially amounted to no investigation at all.

When anybody asks if there's a lot of PEDs in cycling, I say 'Yes, and the governing organization doesn't really care'.
    Last edited by The Weasel; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:15 PM.
    I believe the children are the future. Teach them well and let them lead the way.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    And I would help you by holding the carton and handing them to you.
    I believe a bottle of piss is the usual French style. Maybe you could help with that as well

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2005
    VeloNews has a good article on the damage the UCI and WADA just did to cycling:

"The burden of proof is getting turned around in this case. Instead of an athlete having to prove their innocence, the argument now is that you, the authorities, have to prove to me, the athlete, that the test is credible and robust. Can you be confident that the test is not going to throw up a false positive?"

"...there are challenges just waiting to happen, but it’s just that they are rarely made. It takes the right athlete, with the right drug, to challenge WADA, and then they back off really quickly. Look again at that statement where the UCI writes: “In light of WADA’s unparalleled access to information and authorship of the salbutamol regime” – what that means is that WADA, who authored the current salbutamol guidelines, were presented with a ton of information undermining their work, and they backed off. They said, ‘We can’t defend this.’ Proceedings closed."

Expert on Froome case: ‘This shows the system is unequal’ | VeloNews.com
    "When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking." -- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004

you are giving the french gendarmerie heavy breathing.
    Blows your hair back.

RoadBikeReview Member
    While I'd hate to see other riders get hit by missed shots, I wouldn't mind seeing the Sky cars and buses get absolutely pelted. I think the team deserves a lot of the blame for all of this.
    Well I won't be watching anyway.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SNS1938 View Post
    Provided you are from a wealthy team and a top rider, you are now all but untouchable (again). The other riders who got popped below Froome's original readings, they must be so pissed. 9 month bans, they tried to get out of, and were told no. Froome keeps racing, has a stage win that harks back to Landis, and then the case is just dropped. They were reported to be pulling all sorts of bu!!**** justifications out of their a$$, and then it's dropped. Zero creditability for Sky, UCI and WADA.

Froome will win TdF this month. He is untouchable.
    I've been engaged in a conversation over on cyclingnews.com, and the Froome supporters were twisting themselves in knots, trying to justify the Froome decision vs the UCI's decision to suspend Petacchi and Ulissi.
    "When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking." -- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by coldash View Post
    I believe a bottle of piss is the usual French style. Maybe you could help with that as well
    I will be amazed if Froome doesn't get something thrown at him everyday. And the Dutch fans normally get very tipsy, so dutch (given CF bet Dumolin in Giro) corner could be a monsoon of piss when Froome rides past.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013
    Is there no equivalent of that Travis Tygant guy in the UK or France/Spain who could investigate this? Reading Tylers book and a few others, Travis seemed very determined to actually investigate doping.

How's about a gofundme page to pay Travis and give him a budget to get to the bottom of this?

RoadBikeReview Member

No, only because more and more of the MS of society in general plus sports fans too and even a growing number of athletes are accepting PEDs in cycling and most other sports as normal, growing, common, accepted, and just one of those things. (Track and field, MMA, being just two of the more blatant fields.)

Good gosh isn't anyone that likes tennis and seeing the historically unprecedented rise from the dead or continued success in very old tennis age resurgence of Federer, Nadal, and others?
    Last edited by GlobalGuy; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:53 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    But he's so graceful on a bicycle.
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeBean2 View Post
    I've been engaged in a conversation over on cyclingnews.com, and the Froome supporters were twisting themselves in knots, trying to justify the Froome decision vs the UCI's decision to suspend Petacchi and Ulissi.
    Yep no kidding. It's amazing the gymnastics they are going through.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast