flinty-eyed moderator

Gianni Da Ros gets a 20-year ban

http://www.velonews.com/article/1001...ws-20-year-ban

The 23-year-old, who used to ride for Liquigas, was arrested in March in the northern city of Padua. The investigation, ordered by the Milan state prosecutor, saw 12 people arrested and 64 searches of properties across the country.

Aside from Da Ros, amateur racers, physios, gym staff and traders were caught up in a doping dragnet launched 18 months ago following a television report entitled "Muscles and Doping," which purported to show how athletes could obtain doping substances from traders.
    Looks like he was user and a supplier to others too.
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Impulse Athletic Coaching
    good!

RoadBikeReview Member
    20 years seems a little harsh, but i guess they want to send a message to anybody who wants to supply this stuff. With bans of 20 years and whatever kind of legal trouble he is in now that will hopefully clean up the sport. Only problem is that it's one small victory in a major problem.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    So where's Elisa Basso now? As I recall she was implicated early on in that investigation.