RoadBikeReview Member

I am convinced! Strip the titles! Andreu's wife has smoking gun

on nbc news: frankie andreu's wife:
    "Andreu says she and Armstrong had a falling out when she refused to lie about something she heard while visiting Armstrong in the hospital at the time he was diagnosed with testicular cancer.

“The doctors come in and I suggested we leave and to give Lance his privacy. And Lance said, ‘That's okay. You can stay.’ And I turned to Frankie, because Lance was in front of us, and I said, 'I think we should leave to give him his privacy.’ And he said we could stay, ‘Everybody's friends here,’” Andreu told Smith.

Andreu says doctors asked a few banal questions and then asked if Armstrong had used any performance enhancing drugs.

“Lance, holding his I.V., nonchalantly rattled off, ‘Yes, steroids, testosterone, growth hormone, E.P.O., cortisone,’” Andreu said. “My eyes popped out of my head. Frankie saw that I was upset and he excused ourselves and we left.”

That's it! Strip the titles!

Now, when did this happen? Right after he got in the hospital? just as the docs are getting his history and physical? They do the H&P whenever they happen to pass by and ha a bedside chat? This just doesn't make sense.

RoadBikeReview Member
    You may be a few grade levels behind in your reading. The whole reasoned decision including affidavits is available online.
    Arguments among misinformed people do not constitute a "debate."
    --Kerry Irons

"Atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby."
    --BianchiJoe

Cervelo S3/Dura Ace
    Felt B2Pro/SRAM
    Cannondale CAAD10/105

RoadBikeReview Member
    You do realize that her husband was popped for EPO, right? I don't recall them mentioning that last night.

UNBANNABLE
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by spade2you View Post
    You do realize that her husband was popped for EPO, right? I don't recall them mentioning that last night.
    It's already been admitted to a thousand and one times...did you really need one more?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RTSO2112 View Post
    It's already been admitted to a thousand and one times...did you really need one more?
    No, but I recall that information to be missing from last night's story. I had to let the dog out, unless they said it during that window of time, I find it convenient that they didn't focus on her husband's own doping.

Team Tom's
    See, I told you... Lance fans are not cycling fans. They really have no idea what they're talking about and for some reason refuse to read the REPORT THIS ENTIRE ORDEAL IS BASED UPON.

Holy ****ing ****, people... Read the report from the investigation!!!!

This thread would not even exist IF YOU READ THE FREAKING REPORT!!!

/rant

Road & Trail Warrior
    I just heard that Floyd Landis was a doper too. ; )

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    No, but I recall that information to be missing from last night's story. I had to let the dog out, unless they said it during that window of time, I find it convenient that they didn't focus on her husband's own doping.
    You didn't watch it did you?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    You didn't watch it did you?
    I let the dog out and let him back in. There was a window for her that to be said, if it was said.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    I let the dog out and let him back in. There was a window for her that to be said, if it was said.
    The show was not about Lance's doping, it was about how he harassed, smeared, and intimidated anyone who told the truth. The story was about two women who chose not to lie and were relentlessly harassed for not lying.

RoadBikeReview Member
    The show was not about Lance's doping, it was about how he harassed, smeared, and intimidated anyone who told the truth. The story was about two women who chose not to lie and were relentlessly harassed for not lying.
    How convenient that they don't disclose on the news that her hubby wubby also doped.

always right sometimes
    Quote Originally Posted by jlandry View Post
    Wait! More breaking news! Strip him of his title...thats it!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris-X View Post
    And she didn't lie for him either. In the latter stages of LA downfall grief, the last holdouts were claiming "no one cares." Seeing how much apathy there is for whether LA doped or not, how much less would people care about Frankie.

How do you know what was edited out anyway?

Also the doping was also only a fractional part of the story. It's always about the coverup or did you miss that part of the lesson?
    Given the high moral standards she had proclaimed, she should have mentioned it during that story. I'm finding it hilarious that y'all are defending her not disclosing that last night. The general public doesn't know about it. These women claimed that not disclosing info was a lie in and of itself.

likes to eat donuts

truth hurts sometimes

How convenient that they don't disclose on the news that her hubby wubby also doped.
    I think that we are all aware by now that Frankie Andreu has confessed to having doped, but this particular program was not about that. It was about Betsy Andreu and Emma O'Reilly, and the ordeals that they both endured because they honestly felt that the truth needed to be known.
    “The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.”
    -Groucho Marx

Climbs like a sprinter...
    Man, it's almost like talking logic to Christians, Err, wait, umm, I'm a Christian. Nevermind.
    "It's turtles all the way down."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Frankie's doping history has been public record for many years. Betsy was being questioned about something else entirely. I fail to see why she should be required to acknowledge what everyone already knows every time she opens her mouth.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireform View Post
    Frankie's doping history has been public record for many years. Betsy was being questioned about something else entirely. I fail to see why she should be required to acknowledge what everyone already knows every time she opens her mouth.
    Given that Joe Schmo has no idea who these people are, how would they know he doped?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Given that Joe Schmo has no idea who these people are, how would they know he doped?
    Was she being questioned by Joe Schmo? No. She was giving testimony to investigators on material relevant to their investigation. She didn't tell them her favorite racing team or the age at which she lost her virginity either. Every video I've ever seen of her made for broader consumption has included Frankie's story and the hell he caught from her when she found out. So I really don't understand what you're trying to prove here.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJay View Post
    on nbc news: frankie andreu's wife:
    "Andreu says she and Armstrong had a falling out when she refused to lie about something she heard while visiting Armstrong in the hospital at the time he was diagnosed with testicular cancer.

“The doctors come in and I suggested we leave and to give Lance his privacy. And Lance said, ‘That's okay. You can stay.’ And I turned to Frankie, because Lance was in front of us, and I said, 'I think we should leave to give him his privacy.’ And he said we could stay, ‘Everybody's friends here,’” Andreu told Smith.

Andreu says doctors asked a few banal questions and then asked if Armstrong had used any performance enhancing drugs.

“Lance, holding his I.V., nonchalantly rattled off, ‘Yes, steroids, testosterone, growth hormone, E.P.O., cortisone,’” Andreu said. “My eyes popped out of my head. Frankie saw that I was upset and he excused ourselves and we left.”

That's it! Strip the titles!

Now, when did this happen? Right after he got in the hospital? just as the docs are getting his history and physical? They do the H&P whenever they happen to pass by and ha a bedside chat? This just doesn't make sense.
    You are overlooking the fact that a rep from Oakley---possibly Stephanie McIlvaine---was in the room too, and LeMond had her on tape admitting it.

She admitted she was there during her deposition in the SCA lawsuit, but denied that LA ever said it. Unfortunately, SCA's lawyers had LeMond's tape. His PED use prior to 1999 wasn't an issue in that suit, so it was relatively easy and harmless for his lawyers to stipulate that she had offered false testimony. You'll see the whole story if you tune in to CNN on Sunday. If you notice, he was allowed to keep his stage win prior to 1999, as well as his rainbow jersey from earlier years. What he lost were his 7 TdF titles and his bronze medal from Sydney. USADA credited her affidavit, but it didn't result in him losing any results prior to 1999.
    Last edited by mpre53; 10-26-2012 at 08:09 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ronderman View Post
    The story was on Armstrong, the title was about Arm Strong - she said she wasn't going to lie for her husband, why would she lie for Armstrong - sorry if that escapes you, but keeping up isn't really all that hard.
    Ohhh, Arm Strong. I get it. I thought she lifted weights or something. Thanks for clarifying.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Given the high moral standards she had proclaimed, she should have mentioned it during that story. I'm finding it hilarious that y'all are defending her not disclosing that last night. The general public doesn't know about it. These women claimed that not disclosing info was a lie in and of itself.
    Agree. Andreu gave a very myopic view of the "story." She spoke about doping as if it were the most morally reprehensible act, yet failed to mention that her own husband doped. Sure, many people know about her husband, but most of the viewers last night, I'd bet, have no clue about her husband and his role. I especially laughed when she predictably cried and referenced "God." I'm not siding with LA, but Andreu clearly has an axe to grind. She's full of deception and is as vengeful as she describes LA to be.

Pug
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jlandry View Post
    Rumor is Tyler Hamilton as well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    The two women (especially Andreu) slanted the show by implying the Lance was the only one doping, and that they were beyond shocked and bewildered the he doped. Meanwhile, Andreu's own husband was doping alongside LA. Andreu strikes me as the type who basically got pissed because her husband didn't benefit from doping and cycling the way LA did. Had her husband rode the doping gravy train, she'd have no problem with it. But he didn't, so she set out to "tell the truth." Andreu "tells the truth" only when deception doesn't benefit her or her husband.