Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sluggo

Lance denied he was doping, therefore we had no reason to believe him

Doesn't matter that he sued those that said he doped, we should have known he did.

Armstrong Seeks Dismissal of Federal Whistleblower Suit - WSJ.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxattax View Post
    Doesn't matter that he sued those that said he doped, we should have known he did.

Armstrong Seeks Dismissal of Federal Whistleblower Suit - WSJ.com
    Attachment 284702
    Blows your hair back.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Seriously, how can anyone like this guy. World class A-hole trying to weasel out of another lawsuit.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by burgrat View Post
    Seriously, how can anyone like this guy. World class A-hole trying to weasel out of another lawsuit.
    I get a real kick out of how he tries to play it that really he only doped like the rest of them, so why is he being treated so bad?

I don't believe in any sort of cosmic Karma nonsense, but these seems like a pretty clear-cut case of real-world Karma. When someone's a first rate *******, sometimes it comes back on them.

J24
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2003
    An ethically challenged athlete suing another ethically challenged athlete then an entire federal agency loaded with ethically challenged attorneys jumps on board..............does anyone else think this has gone stoopid.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J24 View Post
    An ethically challenged athlete suing another ethically challenged athlete then an entire federal agency loaded with ethically challenged attorneys jumps on board..............does anyone else think this has gone stoopid.
    Government and athletes gone stupid??? Who would have thunk it?
    Bikes:
    • 2013 Scott Foil 40
    • 2013 Jamis Nova Race (winter training bike)
    • 2012 Argon 18 E-118

Not Banned
    sums it up
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

RoadBikeReview Member
    Good one.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

Short legs spinnin' fast
    Dec 2007

I can't help but see the irony in a government that purposely infected not just its own citizens but those of another country with syphilis injections, causing some deaths, bringing a lawsuit against someone who willfully injected himself, making him physically stronger. Perhaps it's because the government didn't think of it first and get a cut of the action.

Not to bring politics into this, and by no means am I a LA apologist, but I couldn't possibly find this situation to be more of a goat rodeo than it already is.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guate...lis_experiment

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuske...lis_experiment

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Why is it that every Armstrong apologist claims he is not an Armstrong apologist?

It sounds like a radio show call-in. "I have this friend who thinks he might be gay..."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner68 View Post
    Why is it that every Armstrong apologist claims he is not an Armstrong apologist?
    Not all of us do.

Short legs spinnin' fast
    Dec 2007

It sounds like a radio show call-in. "I have this friend who thinks he might be gay..."
    And then there are those of us who aren't apologists for anything but are entertained instead by the inconsistency. This lawsuit and the LA culture of doping means nothing to me. I've got more important things to spend my emotional energy on than to become an apologist for a complete stranger who's a fallen figurehead for a game.

But nice try to assume you know anything about what I value.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
    Not all of us do.
    BTW, I apologize only for the doping part, not the a-hole part...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jlgoodin78 View Post
    And then there are those of us who aren't apologists for anything but are entertained instead by the inconsistency. This lawsuit and the LA culture of doping means nothing to me. I've got more important things to spend my emotional energy on than to become an apologist for a complete stranger who's a fallen figurehead for a game.

But nice try to assume you know anything about what I value.
    Yeah, sure. That is why you drew an idiotic parallel between Armstrong doping and syphilis injections given decades ago by those who long since retired. Why stop there? How about small pox infected blankets? Or slavery? That is the ticket. Slavery. The gov should not go after Armstrong because of slavery.

Short legs spinnin' fast
    Dec 2007

Yeah, sure. That is why you drew an idiotic parallel between Armstrong doping and syphilis injections given decades ago by those who long since retired. Why stop there? How about small pox infected blankets? Or slavery? That is the ticket. Slavery. The gov should not go after Armstrong because of slavery.
    Both involved injections behind closed doors with cover ups, both involved some form of government money, both involved parties and entities who have a long history of lies and scandal. And in this case both parties and entities continue to pretend that all is fully reformed in their corner. A corrupt government pretending it's above what Armstrong did despite its own sordid past; Armstrong grasping at every opportunity to try to make this go away because it was just the way things were then. It's a freaking goat rodeo and the irony is hilarious.

At no point did I say that the government shouldn't pursue the lawsuit. I don't care either way, but it is ironic that Landis is a party in that suit and, if successful, stands to make a mint. But your assumptions about my stance remain baseless. It's easy to hide behind an anonymous screen name and pretend you know what someone is about, but it doesn't mean you know.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    If USPS "Should have known" then shouldn't Livestrong have known as well? Livestrong knew in 2000 but still spewed nonsense to raise cash to fund their parties and trips

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    If USPS "Should have known" then shouldn't Livestrong have known as well? Livestrong knew in 2000 but still spewed nonsense to raise cash to fund their parties and trips
    Yes, everyone should have known. Nike, Oakley, Trek, USPS, Tailwind, Weisel, Livestrong, you, me, Phil, Paul, everyone. It was obvious. But nobody wanted to quit making money...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2002
    The thing is though he has some legs on it. The US Postal Service went out of their way showing reports how the sponsorship made money after their sponsorship ended.

A report by the IG regarding the sponsorship never said it didn't, only that AT THE TIME of the sponsorship the management of the sponsorship was so bad that they could not tell, so they suggested changes to prevent that kind of mismanagement in the future.

I will say however that the Feds did one slimy thing here. One of the things that would remove Landis' whistle blower status would have been a conviction for the Floyd Fairness fund case. Floyd Landis admits fraud, ordered to pay $478,000 in restitution - VeloNews.com

Nice how they made that settlement so the case would be dismissed if he made the restitution. While an acceptable tactic...damn it is shady because Landis is as much a douche as LA imo. Full disclosure I have an issue with Landis because he lied right to my face. We know some of the same people, so I may be a tad prejudice against the guy.

So in essence we have a Shady guy who filed suit against a Shady guy. Regardless of how the court case turns out we have no winners here imo.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt

Short legs spinnin' fast
    Dec 2007

Quote Originally Posted by badge118 View Post

Nice how they made that settlement so the case would be dismissed if he made the restitution. While an acceptable tactic...damn it is shady because Landis is as much a douche as LA imo. Full disclosure I have an issue with Landis because he lied right to my face. We know some of the same people, so I may be a tad prejudice against the guy.

So in essence we have a Shady guy who filed suit against a Shady guy. Regardless of how the court case turns out we have no winners here imo.
    I agree. It reminds me of an Ayn Rand quote: "You can ignore the truth, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring the truth." It seems that both parties are attempting to do just that, hence the goat rodeo we're witnessing, as I refer to it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    I will say this.... Doping or not Lance's performance in each of those tours provided significant benefit to his sponsors. Lots of TV time, name recognition, etc. From a sponsors's perspective Lance did everything he could draw attention to those brands. Now that he is a confirmed doper they can just back away with minimal bad press. Alot of sponsors made alot of money off the LA bandwagon. I don't believe he owes them a dime.
    Joe
    Road Bike - Trek 5200 | MTB - 2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    I am sure that USPS is very happy to forever be associated with Fraud, organized doping, and blood bags.

I wonder if lance's lawyer even read the government's amended complaint. It is now about unjust enrichment. If USPS received a benefit or not matters less.

Lance clearly thinks the suit has merit or he would not have offered millions of $$'s to the government to settle it

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2002

Re: Lance denied he was doping, therefore we had no reason to believe him

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    I am sure that USPS is very happy to forever be associated with Fraud, organized doping, and blood bags.

I wonder if lance's lawyer even read the government's amended complaint. It is now about unjust enrichment. If USPS received a benefit or not matters less.

Lance clearly thinks the suit has merit or he would not have offered millions of $$'s to the government to settle it
    Which is likely why they are saying "The USPS should have known..." Not saying it will actually work mind you BUT if the USPS knew or was negligent in not knowing then technically under the statute it doesn't fit unjust. For it to be unjust the one paying needs to be honestly ignorant.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt

Banned forever.....or not
    Has Floyd paid any of that back???

If not, why isn't he in prison? People who pull this sort of stuff for $10,000, end up in the "Big House".....
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

Dr. Buzz Killington
    Lance's only hope is to give power of attorney to a trusted family member and sign over all his assets so they can't be taken from him.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    That would never fly, especially now that the case has been filed and is underway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast