Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Lance Freudian Slip?

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  cda 455 
#1 ·
In the hospital/Betsy/UCI donation discussion. After talking about the donation and Lance denying it was for overlooking any failed tests he said something like "the only one there would be was from the tour d' swiss... " and then quickly switched gears. So, the only test that was positive and therefore needed to be overlooked was from the tour d' Swiss?

#5 ·
I'm glad you mentioned that. I don't have a DVR and didn't record it, but I thought he referenced the TdS as a failed test.

He clearly repeated "never failed a test" but then admitted to having a prescription back dated to clear another failed test.

Oh the tangled web we weave when we first we practice to deceive!!!

#6 ·
From the transcript I below, he said that he failed it retroactively, so at the time, he wouldn't have needed to pay them off since it would have come back clean.....however, it caught my attention during the interview as well.

OW: You said dozens of times in interviews you never failed a test. Do you have a different answer today?
LA: "No I didn't fail a test. Retroactively, I failed one. The hundreds of tests I took, I passed them. There was retroactive stuff later on."
OW: What about the Tour de Suisse [in 2001]?
LA: "That story isn't true. There was no positive test. No paying off of the lab. The UCI did not make that go away. I'm no fan of the UCI.
OW: You made a donation to the UCI and said that donation was about helping anti-doping efforts. Obviously it was not. Why did you make that donation?
LA: "It was not in exchange for help. They called and said they didn't have a lot of money - I did. They asked if I would make a donation so I did."

Lance Armstrong's interview with Oprah Winfrey: the transcript - Telegraph

#7 ·
From the transcript I below, he said that he failed it retroactively, so at the time, he wouldn't have needed to pay them off since it would have come back clean.....however, it caught my attention during the interview as well.

OW: You said dozens of times in interviews you never failed a test. Do you have a different answer today?
LA: "No I didn't fail a test. Retroactively, I failed one. The hundreds of tests I took, I passed them. There was retroactive stuff later on."
OW: What about the Tour de Suisse [in 2001]?
LA: "That story isn't true. There was no positive test. No paying off of the lab. The UCI did not make that go away. I'm no fan of the UCI.

OW: You made a donation to the UCI and said that donation was about helping anti-doping efforts. Obviously it was not. Why did you make that donation?
LA: "It was not in exchange for help. They called and said they didn't have a lot of money - I did. They asked if I would make a donation so I did."

Lance Armstrong's interview with Oprah Winfrey: the transcript - Telegraph
Oh, the conflict of interest here.

It is absolutely amazing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.