RoadBikeReview Member

Possible reunion between Nike & Lance??

Nike CEO Phil Knight hints at possible reunion between*shoe giant and Lance Armstrong - NY Daily News

Why not, they have no problem having a relationship with Michael Vick.

Nike CEO Phil Knight hints at possible reunion between shoe giant and Lance Armstrong
    The company has shown a soft side for disgraced athletes in the past, most notably with golfer Tiger Woods, who took a spectacular fall of his own after his extramarital affairs became public in 2009.

Where's that GPS?
    Quote Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    Nike CEO Phil Knight hints at possible reunion between*shoe giant and Lance Armstrong - NY Daily News

Why not, they have no problem having a relationship with Michael Vick.
    I don't think I own anything Nike and with this happening, I probably never will.
    1980's - Centurion
    1990's - Peugeot
    2000's - Specialized
    2010's - Bianchi

''This story was so perfect for so long. It's this myth, this perfect story, and it wasn't true.'' - Lance Armstrong

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LostViking View Post
    I don't think I own anything Nike and with this happening, I probably never will.
    I do own some Nike, but it was pre Michael Vick resigning, however, I have since boycotted them so this won't affect me in the least either.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LostViking View Post
    I can't say this has any affect on me, but I never had any inclination to buy Nike anyway. They've infested pretty much every major, and not so major, sport industry out there. Usually they provide decent, but not spectacular equipment for the sport. The type of stuff people that are 'kinda' into the sport buys. When I think Nike I think about the people jogging up and down my block the first week in January, decked out head to toe in new running gear for their 1.3 mile assault of the local sidewalks.

They've been making shoes for a long time and I'm sure they know what they're doing to an extent, but if I'm going to buy running shoes I'm going to buy them from a running shoe company. It supports the industry, and you're getting a shoe from someone who specializes in that sport. Then again, I guess I'm a hypocrite as I use Mizuno and they're pretty much just a small Nike. I guess I'm just a Nike hater. Carry on.

Fly on a windshield
    The company has shown a soft side for disgraced athletes in the past, most notably with golfer Tiger Woods, who took a spectacular fall of his own after his extramarital affairs became public in 2009.
    I just love how the NY Daily news, mentions this in the same breath as Lance.
    Tiger cheated on his wife, nobody's business as far as I'm concerned.
    Lance cheated in his sport and incited others to cheat and covered it up with $$$ directed at authorities.
    Not exactly the same thing.
    When all this is said and done, Tiger may be remebered as the greatest ever golfing talent. Lance on the other hand ....
    God gave up this world, its people long ago.....Peter Gabriel 1971

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    Oh my god, I'm burning every Nike item I have... and I will never ever buy another Nike item... and I'm writing a self empowering letter to the CEO of Nike expressing my disapproval... and let it be known, from this day henceforth, I, Cableguy, DO NOT APPROVE AND WILL BRING NIKE TO JUSTICE!

... j/k, don't care.

off the back
    And so Lance's grand plan already seeming to be working.
    Eff the King's Guard. Eff the city. Eff the King.