RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003

Ricco's big mouth...

is turning out to be a good thing.

If it wasn't already ridiculous enough, how absurd does this now make Di Luca's claim that Chemical Ali was just his family doctor?

I heart team Zissou!
    I especially like this part:

"I have not paid, naturally," said Ricc˛. "Santuccione assured me you could not be found positive. So I did not give him the money." (my emphasis)

"Naturally" indeed!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...g08/aug06news2
    Biking round the world -- Where have I been with my bike?

RoadBikeReview Member
    His genuine remorse is touching. I am sure he has learned his lesson and should be allowed back into the peleton immediately.
    Procrit Cycling Team

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 3car
    His genuine remorse is touching. I am sure he has learned his lesson and should be allowed back into the peleton immediately.
    I at least prefer it to Sella's typical BS denial. I think riders should be given reduced sentences if they fess up and reveal who else is involved in their doping.

ab aeterno
    Quote Originally Posted by philippec
    I especially like this part:

"I have not paid, naturally," said Ricc˛. "Santuccione assured me you could not be found positive. So I did not give him the money." (my emphasis)

"Naturally" indeed!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...g08/aug06news2
    Now that's just funny. I wonder if this is common practice.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    the spanish have been hit hard over the past few years. Now it looks like the italians turn. Ricco's a jackass. Sella's performance was absolutly cheating and i knew it the entire time. Too bad...
    I prefer the Giro to the Tour.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jhamlin38
    the spanish have been hit hard over the past few years. Now it looks like the italians turn. Ricco's a jackass. Sella's performance was absolutly cheating and i knew it the entire time. Too bad...
    I prefer the Giro to the Tour.
    You think so? Italian cycling, appears to me, to be in the process of being gutted by positive test after positive test ever since Torre took over at CONI. So far there is little if any indication that the dope testing has gotten serious in Spain. Despite OP involving many Spanish riders the only ones to be sanctioned were 2 Italians and 2 Germans. In my mind, Spain is the last hold out of the old doping culture amongst the major cycling nations. France, Belgium, and now Italy have all taken steps at different times to increase domestic testing and pressure on dopers, what has Spain done?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne Barry
    I at least prefer it to Sella's typical BS denial. I think riders should be given reduced sentences if they fess up and reveal who else is involved in their doping.
    Except in this case where he clearly is only sorry that he got caught cheating, not that he was sorry he cheated.
    Procrit Cycling Team

Cannot bench own weight
    I guess Andreas Kloeden was onto something when he called out Team CSF in May.
    77th highest post count as of 9/4/2008

12 strings, no waiting
    Quote Originally Posted by philippec
    At least he's good with his money.

Impulse Athletic Coaching
    Quote Originally Posted by Einstruzende
    I guess Andreas Kloeden was onto something when he called out Team CSF in May.
    Even funnier that they rebutted his claim.

True irony would be Kloden getting caught. Sure wouldn't surprise me, though. He's one of the few great Lance-era GC riders who is still going...strong.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonnitro
    True irony would be Kloden getting caught. Sure wouldn't surprise me, though. He's one of the few great Lance-era GC riders who is still going...strong.
    Not quite. He is riding under the sword of Damocles. All it will take to cut the thread is more info to leak out about Freiberg and T-Mobile. Werner Franke still has upcoming court cases where he might reveal information that will kill Kloden.

Michael Rogers was not on the Columbia TdF squad because of his past with T-Mobile.