Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Solo double

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Cartoscro 
#1 · (Edited)
My goal for this year was to complete a solo double century. I've had the route planned for a week or two, waiting on the right conditions. Winds and temps were going to be perfect on Friday, so I decided on Wednesday to take off work and seize the moment. I felt great all day. I've done solo century-plus rides in the past, and would always hit a wall at some point in the ride. Not bonking, but just a loss of energy. That wall never came Friday. The difference for me was taking real food with me, in the form of 4 rice and bacon burritos. They really hit the spot. I ate half of one every 1-1.5 hours, whether I was hungry or not. Other than that, I had a coke, a Payday, a honeybun, maybe 6-7 gels, and I would say 10-11 bottles of water.

https://www.strava.com/activities/913095196

#6 ·
I zoomed in on the route and I understand now. I'm not familiar with Cheaha Rd. I did a double century a couple of years ago but with only about half the climbing you did. I'm planning another one soon. Maybe starting in Smyrna on the Silver Comet and going all the way to Weaver. Then I would like to work my way back to LaGrange GA where I live. I'm not real familiar with the roads between Weaver and LaGrange. I would like to stay off 431 and 78, if possible. I use ridewithgps.com but I can't tell if some of the roads are gravel or not. Anyway, I do 10K miles a year. Sitting about 2,400 right now. I know a strong ride when I see one and the double you did was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.