Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: 2011 Felt Z2

  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    407

    2011 Felt Z2

    I got some info on the 2011 Felt Z2, the list price on the bike is $6499. Felt went crazy when upgrading the 2011 Z2.

    The fork is a full monocoque, lighter, more shock absorbing yet stiffer.

    The handlebar, stem and seatpost are a lot nicer, from Felt's race design group called Devox.

    The paint is full DuPont, much glossier, tougher, chip resistant, cleanable.

    The crankset is now DuraAce, not Ultegra.

    The new 2011 Felt F series are going to be the same modulus of carbon that the 2011 Z2 is made of!!

    The best thing is the bike is 1.65 lbs. lighter!!!!!!!!!!! than the 2010 Felt Z2.

  2. #2
    Ride bicycles? Why?
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    521
    Very nice info. My F5 and Felt kit shipped today! Can't wait to ride them.

  3. #3
    Felt Bicycles
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyL88
    I got some info on the 2011 Felt Z2, the list price on the bike is $6499. Felt went crazy when upgrading the 2011 Z2.

    The fork is a full monocoque, lighter, more shock absorbing yet stiffer.

    The handlebar, stem and seatpost are a lot nicer, from Felt's race design group called Devox.

    The paint is full DuPont, much glossier, tougher, chip resistant, cleanable.

    The crankset is now DuraAce, not Ultegra.

    The new 2011 Felt F series are going to be the same modulus of carbon that the 2011 Z2 is made of!!

    The best thing is the bike is 1.65 lbs. lighter!!!!!!!!!!! than the 2010 Felt Z2.
    are you from New York?

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    407
    Yes, I'm from New York.

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by zach.scofield
    Very nice info. My F5 and Felt kit shipped today! Can't wait to ride them.
    Enjoy your new Felt F5, please let us know how the bike ride.

  6. #6
    Ride bicycles? Why?
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    521
    where abouts? Im in Northeastern NY.

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    407
    I'm located in the NYC.

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    407

  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    627
    Any chance it comes with some BB30 variant? Or is it a standard threaded BB?

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    407
    I asked the owner of Bicycle World in NY, where I ordered the 2011 Z2, but he wasn't sure about the BB30 being on the Z2. Hopefully Super Dave can tell us.

  11. #11
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by natedg200202
    Any chance it comes with some BB30 variant? Or is it a standard threaded BB?
    This is what SuperDave wrote: No, it uses a threaded BB shell. Those frame molds cannot be used with the BB30 shell. It is not large enough to accomodate it and we wanted to keep the Z series triple compatible for our consumers who prefer that option. The F-series bikes cannot be used with a triple at all.

  12. #12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1
    Anthony88
    Did you pick up the 2011 Z2? If so, what are your thoughts?

  13. #13
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    19
    I ordered my 2011 Z2 and expect it in any day now. The Felt demo truck is a Good Thing.

  14. #14
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    19
    picked it up last night and took a first ride this morning. comfortable and fast. Di2 is finestkind

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Sea Otter Classic

Hot Deals

Contest


Latest RoadBike Articles


Latest Videos

RoadbikeReview on Facebook