Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    SD-
    when can we see a picture of the new 2016 F4x?
    right now i'm all in for the 2016 F3x, But would prefer a Sram option.

Thanks
    Josiah

3T Cycling
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlightle View Post
    SD-
    when can we see a picture of the new 2016 F4x?
    right now i'm all in for the 2016 F3x, But would prefer a Sram option.

Thanks
    Josiah
    Tuesday.
    Imagine last year's F2x but with this year's graphics package.

The 1x SRAM CX1 group is the go-to set up for the guys here at the office with the CX-racers typically running 42t x 11-28t or even 11-25t on flatter courses and the "adventure" set ups getting 38t with 11-36t. We've also discovered the Shimano XTR and XT 11 speed MTB 11-40t cassettes which fit on road 10speed freehubs shift just fine with the Force x1 rear derailleurs.

The F4x and F3x share the same frame, too.

-SD

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    If the 2016 F85X has Tiagra 4700 and a similar price and spec as the 2015 model, I will be all over that! I need a new bike for the fall and winter. I used to have a 2012 F75X but sold it. Not a great move on my part, but the 2016 F85X will help me forgive myself for that

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Here is a link I found with some pricing and spec breakdowns.

Felt 2016 road line-up revealed - BikeRadar USA

Unfortunately The F4x is ugly as sin.
    I would love a F3x color with a Sram option.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    Thanks for this. It does not specific say of the 2016 Tiagra will be used. And I will probably have the 50/34 Tiagra crank installed. I am not racing or anything!

3T Cycling
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlightle View Post
    Unfortunately The F4x is ugly as sin.
    Hey, I'm right here. That hurts.

I happen to love the Pistachio hue and based on the sales and reaction from our 2015 F2x that used this color, so do a couple thousand others.
    There are Felt dealers who will order you the bike you want and outfit it with the components of your choosing by swapping the parts you need. I see this often with high end sales where crank, bar, stem, cassette, and other size specific items are dictated by the consumer.

Not every dealer would do this for an Ultegra --> Force swap but I'm betting you find one.

SD

3T Cycling
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shibui View Post
    If the 2016 F85X has Tiagra 4700 and a similar price and spec as the 2015 model, I will be all over that! I need a new bike for the fall and winter. I used to have a 2012 F75X but sold it. Not a great move on my part, but the 2016 F85X will help me forgive myself for that
    Indeed the 2016 F85x in the US market will use new Tiagra 4700 brifters/derailleurs.
    -SD

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    Is it possible to see the geometry numbers / full specs on these cross bikes? When will these be available to be ordered through dealers? And finally, on average how long does it take on delivery from the time the order is placed? Thanks.

3T Cycling
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by txnrider View Post
    Is it possible to see the geometry numbers / full specs on these cross bikes? When will these be available to be ordered through dealers? And finally, on average how long does it take on delivery from the time the order is placed? Thanks.
    Yes, which model are you interested in. I've got the files in excel but I can't post them here without a loss of format. If you'd like to send me an email I can pass them along. You can order the bikes now, some models are already in stock, some are on the water having been produced and shipped from Taiwan, and some will go into production now based on June release of the all new components from SRAM (F4x, F55x)

Depending on where you are on the globe, delivery could be immediate (bikes are stocked by many of our retailers) or weeks away (F4x, F55x).

-SD

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperdaveFelt View Post
    Yes, which model are you interested in. I've got the files in excel but I can't post them here without a loss of format. If you'd like to send me an email I can pass them along. You can order the bikes now, some models are already in stock, some are on the water having been produced and shipped from Taiwan, and some will go into production now based on June release of the all new components from SRAM (F4x, F55x)

Depending on where you are on the globe, delivery could be immediate (bikes are stocked by many of our retailers) or weeks away (F4x, F55x).

-SD
    Thanks. Sent you a PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009
    When will the Felt website be updated to reflect the new 2016 models?

3T Cycling
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by savechief View Post
    When will the Felt website be updated to reflect the new 2016 models?
    As the 2016 models become available. Many are already on the site.
    -SD

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014

-SD

Would you please send the sizing to me? I sent you my email in a PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2015
    Superdavefelt--- what is the status of the 2016 Felt f5x? was trying to order with LBS but have not seen any information on one being released.
    As the 2016 models become available. Many are already on the site.
    -SD

3T Cycling
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by blumaar View Post
    Superdavefelt--- what is the status of the 2016 Felt f5x? was trying to order with LBS but have not seen any information on one being released.
    You are right, there is no F5x yet.
    Shimano has introduced a new 105-level shifter/brake lever that we want to use on this model. Hydraulic brakes are a nice feature and for 'cross use really overcome most of the drawbacks of disc brakes. Our problem has been the delivery of the new components. They will not produce these items until the fall and then start shipping the individual parts to our factories for assembly. Given the transit times and the 'cross season timing, it is unlikely you'll see an F5x in the 2015 calendar year. Last year's F5x still used a mechanical brake lever that pulled the TRP HyRd caliper. This caliper does not work with our new frame; it was optimized for hydraulic post-mount brakes, not semi-hydro or mechanical actuated brakes. We will sell F1x frames that you can assemble with whatever parts you wish or possibly select the Ultegra shifter/brake system from the F3x which is available now but use less expensive 105 derailleurs, FSA or SRAM non-series cranks, 11s compatible budget MTB wheels instead of the custom DT CXR 'cross wheels we've developed.

I don't think you'll see anyone with the new Shimano 105 hydro 'cross bikes.

We did update the F4x with hydro brakes and the new Force CX1 rear derailleur and X-sync chainring. That makes a sweet 'cross set up and a swap to an 11-36t or even 11-42t cassette allows it to have a similar range to a double equipped bike with 11-28t.

-SD

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014
    Will the new bikes have any different geometry? Like even small tweaks? Particularly wondering if the 53 will fit just a little bigger?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014
    Hello?
    Will the 2016 geometry be exact same. If not, I'd love to hear changes. Still no info on the website. I'm a tweener size and ideally want a something in between the 53 and 55. Actually the 53 with 100mm stem and about 40mm of spacers works pretty well except for the toe over lap.
    Wish knew if going to 55 but downsizing stem to an 80mm and dropping all spacers would fit similarly--just longer wheelbase.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2015
    Thank you very much for the indepth response! I do like the f4x also in the Pistachio color. as I continue figuring out what i'm going to get would you think the F5x would be out Winter15/Spring16 or not until next Fall?
    You are right, there is no F5x yet.
    Shimano has introduced a new 105-level shifter/brake lever that we want to use on this model. Hydraulic brakes are a nice feature and for 'cross use really overcome most of the drawbacks of disc brakes. Our problem has been the delivery of the new components. They will not produce these items until the fall and then start shipping the individual parts to our factories for assembly. Given the transit times and the 'cross season timing, it is unlikely you'll see an F5x in the 2015 calendar year. Last year's F5x still used a mechanical brake lever that pulled the TRP HyRd caliper. This caliper does not work with our new frame; it was optimized for hydraulic post-mount brakes, not semi-hydro or mechanical actuated brakes. We will sell F1x frames that you can assemble with whatever parts you wish or possibly select the Ultegra shifter/brake system from the F3x which is available now but use less expensive 105 derailleurs, FSA or SRAM non-series cranks, 11s compatible budget MTB wheels instead of the custom DT CXR 'cross wheels we've developed.

I don't think you'll see anyone with the new Shimano 105 hydro 'cross bikes.

We did update the F4x with hydro brakes and the new Force CX1 rear derailleur and X-sync chainring. That makes a sweet 'cross set up and a swap to an 11-36t or even 11-42t cassette allows it to have a similar range to a double equipped bike with 11-28t.

-SD

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Hey, I'm right here. That hurts.

I happen to love the Pistachio hue and based on the sales and reaction from our 2015 F2x that used this color, so do a couple thousand others.
    There are Felt dealers who will order you the bike you want and outfit it with the components of your choosing by swapping the parts you need. I see this often with high end sales where crank, bar, stem, cassette, and other size specific items are dictated by the consumer.

Not every dealer would do this for an Ultegra --> Force swap but I'm betting you find one.

SD
    Thanks for the info SD.
    I will ask around about the Ultegra --> Force swap.

I think the 2016 F3x Is the best looking bike that I've seen so far, and am considering switching to Shimano just for the frame.

Is the Pistachio color more of a green or yellow tint?
    Based off the pictures I could find online it looks more yellow.

As someone who can only afford to buy a bike every five years or more; a unique color like Pistachio seems more like a 1-2 year color. Where Black I can live with for 5+ years.

Seems like all bike companies use a unique color in the $3k range. The new Crux elite x1 is Baby blue and Yellow! No thanks.

Thanks
    Josiah

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    SuperdaveFelt or other Carbon Cross riders.
    I have my next bike down to an F55x or F4x.
    I really want the F4x, but am nervous about riding and racing a carbon frame.
    I'm 230lbs and pretty aggressive. I ride single track for training, and bunny-hop obstacle from time to time.
    Should I fear the Carbon Frame for Cross?
    Thanks
    Josiah

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    I talked to Wil today about the availability of the 2016 F85X in the US (we're in SoCal) and he said they aren't estimated to be in-stock until mid-November. Can you confirm? Would love to pick one up for my wife for the local CX season (which starts in a month). Thanks!

-SD

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2015

Any updates on a 2016 F5x - or F55x?

SD - I also have to say thanks for this in-depth explanation! I'm hoping to pick up a cross bike this fall, and have been trying to track down a 2015 F5x in Canada, but have had no luck yet. As a result I'm looking one model down in the 2016 range, the F65x, though this is a pretty big step down. Is there going to be an 2016 F55x? As well, any update on the status of the 2016 F5x? Wondering if I should pick up an F65x (which my Toronto dealer says will be available in a week or so), or wait on the F5x?
    You are right, there is no F5x yet. Shimano has introduced a new 105-level shifter/brake lever that we want to use on this model. Hydraulic brakes are a nice feature and for 'cross use really overcome most of the drawbacks of disc brakes. Our problem has been the delivery of the new components. They will not produce these items until the fall and then start shipping the individual parts to our factories for assembly. Given the transit times and the 'cross season timing, it is unlikely you'll see an F5x in the 2015 calendar year. Last year's F5x still used a mechanical brake lever that pulled the TRP HyRd caliper. This caliper does not work with our new frame; it was optimized for hydraulic post-mount brakes, not semi-hydro or mechanical actuated brakes. We will sell F1x frames that you can assemble with whatever parts you wish or possibly select the Ultegra shifter/brake system from the F3x which is available now but use less expensive 105 derailleurs, FSA or SRAM non-series cranks, 11s compatible budget MTB wheels instead of the custom DT CXR 'cross wheels we've developed. I don't think you'll see anyone with the new Shimano 105 hydro 'cross bikes. We did update the F4x with hydro brakes and the new Force CX1 rear derailleur and X-sync chainring. That makes a sweet 'cross set up and a swap to an 11-36t or even 11-42t cassette allows it to have a similar range to a double equipped bike with 11-28t. -SD

feltbicycles.com
    Yes, we will have an F55X this fall. In fact, it's already in stock in our US warehouse. I'm not sure what the ETA to Canada is, but they typically receive their stock at about the same time as the US

If you're looking to use the F5X for this CX season, you're better off looking at the F55X or F65X, as the ETA still has not been confirmed.

Details on the F55X can be found here

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2015

Handlebar width on 2016 cyclocross models

Thanks SD -- I just got word that the bikes arrived today in the Canadian warehouse, and I ordered my F65x!

A question about the geometry: I am anticipating that I will need to swap out the handlebar for a narrower one. I ride a ZW5 at present, size M, I believe the bar width is 38cm? How wide will the bars on the size 50 F65x be? I note the specs say "47 - 50cm = 420 / 450mm", does that mean 45mm?

If I needed different handlebars, is it easy for my dealer to order smaller ones directly from Felt (does the Canadian warehouse stock them or do they come from the US)? At present, they have suggested swapping out with whatever brand they have in store.

Quote Originally Posted by wpcouch View Post
    Yes, we will have an F55X this fall. In fact, it's already in stock in our US warehouse. I'm not sure what the ETA to Canada is, but they typically receive their stock at about the same time as the US

If you're looking to use the F5X for this CX season, you're better off looking at the F55X or F65X, as the ETA still has not been confirmed.

Details on the F55X can be found here

feltbicycles.com
    Hi Jenna, the 50cm F65X uses a 42cm bar (measured center to center)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast