RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005

Anyone See That New 2012 F1 Frame/Fork Sell For

$1085 + $49.99 shipping yesterday on ebay? Another opportunity lost. Oh well. Ordered the FC frame/fork from a local shop last week but, was half tempted to jump into the auction just on principle.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    That would have been a great deal, assuming that the bike was in good condition. I wouldn't sweat it, however, because you are about to have one heck of a bike anyway (with a warranty that could be valuable in the long run).
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    It was new. Unused from The Pro's Closet in Boulder.

Not sweating it. Just amazed it didn't yield a little more. Prob right about the warranty...

RoadBikeReview Member
    I just grabbed a used 2012 F1 off of Ebay for $800.00

It'll be my first Felt, and I'm excited to see if it lives up to it's reputation!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kevhogaz View Post

It'll be my first Felt, and I'm excited to see if it lives up to it's reputation!
    That's an incredible deal that almost sounds too good to be true. Congrats. Looking forward to some pics....
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kevhogaz View Post

Score. The F series like every other manufacturers top of the line frame/fork will be more than enough bike for us joe's.

As for me, I ordered the FC from a local shop and am pretty anxious to built it up. All the components and wheels will be swapped over from my Colnago so this will be really interesting to be able to isolate the performance of the frame/fork as fit will be identical.

I really appreciate Felt for having the F1 and FC frame kits! Brilliant move on Felt's part. I love the fact I can swap all my components over as the performance is perfect for me (SRAM Red/3T/Rotor Q's and Quarq). To buy the F2 which is the same frame with SRAM Red/3T is just north of $7,200 before tax and I'd still need to swap out my cranks (Quarq) and bars (run a 40c-c). So for nearly $6000 less I'll have a build identical to the F2 with the exception of my carbon hoops v the Zipp 101's. I'll be the first on our team and shop to ride a Felt road product and already there is a little ground swell of interest in them for this reason. I'll be surprise if we don't have 10 guys riding the FC kit by the end of 2013. And our team is really small...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashadabd View Post
    That's an incredible deal that almost sounds too good to be true. Congrats. Looking forward to some pics....
    I hope not. I think the scratch on the top tube scared some people away, but I'm not to worried about it.