Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask FELT!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    This is for SD as well. Can i buy the bar tape that comes on the 2012 Z4 through the felt website? It is the white tape with the black felt logo's. By the way, getting a lot of people gawking this bike on the group rides. Terrific work!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    I had the opportunity to deal with two people on the phone the other day while ordering a Felt team jersey. Their customer service was way beyond what was necessary - great people. One was Christina in accounting, and I am sorry to say I forget name of the gentleman who first answered the phone. I want to say it was initials, like DC, or something like that. But it could just as easily have been Larry or Matt or God knows what. Whoever it was, he was helpful and got me to the right person.

Felt Bicycles
    Dec 2011
    Sorry jasonandrew76. We do not currently offer this OEM tape in the aftermarket. But we will look in to bringing it in the near future.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    How can I get hold of spare felt cable ends (frey done away)? I'm looking for black ones for my 2011 F85, but both the Felt shops in my area (Scotland) didn't carry any spares. TIA.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2008
    Can I get a wheel weight on my 2011 z6 they are the mavic cxp 22n. I am looking to upgrade and want to know what kind of weight I am riding on now.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alf1096 View Post
    Can I get a wheel weight on my 2011 z6 they are the mavic cxp 22n. I am looking to upgrade and want to know what kind of weight I am riding on now.
    Related to above question about weight of CXP 22N: Some Felts are equipped with CXP 22N and some with CXP 22S. What is the distinction between the two wheelsets?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    i am about to purchase a 2011 Felt Z2
    it comes Di2 equipped

QUESTION FOR SUPERDAVE:
    in case I want to install a standard mechanical/cabled gearing system, can I use the adapters below on this frame?

w.feltbicycles.com/Resources/ProductPhotos/LargeBikes/Di2%20Parts%20Kit.jpg

If negative, does the frame allow a mechanical system, or is it a Di2 system only frame?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    I have a question I have a 2011 Felt F5 Team Garmin and was looking to upgrade my crankset from the Shimano 105 to a a FSA SLK Light BB30. Will these be a straight forward install? Is the F5 bottom bracket BB30 with a 24mm adapter for the Shimano? Also I'm thinking of changing to a BB30 ceramic bearings to reduce friction. Any help would be greatly appreciated

3T Cycling
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonandrew76 View Post
    This is for SD as well. Can i buy the bar tape that comes on the 2012 Z4 through the felt website? It is the white tape with the black felt logo's. By the way, getting a lot of people gawking this bike on the group rides. Terrific work!!
    The bar tape is among the things we're looking at bringing into our aftermarket parts offering but today it isn't available, just like your tires.

Thanks for the kudos, we're lucky to have a great creative department with a great eye for small details.

Enjoy,
    -SD

3T Cycling
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ActionK View Post
    I had the opportunity to deal with two people on the phone the other day while ordering a Felt team jersey. Their customer service was way beyond what was necessary - great people. One was Christina in accounting, and I am sorry to say I forget name of the gentleman who first answered the phone. I want to say it was initials, like DC, or something like that. But it could just as easily have been Larry or Matt or God knows what. Whoever it was, he was helpful and got me to the right person.
    You probably got Dave "DC" in our New York sales office who transferred you to Christina in our accounting/catch-all in Irvine, CA. Glad they took such good care of you. Our #2 priority behind building the best bikes is our customer service.

I'll pass along your acknowledgement.

-SD

3T Cycling
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bobones View Post
    How can I get hold of spare felt cable ends (frey done away)? I'm looking for black ones for my 2011 F85, but both the Felt shops in my area (Scotland) didn't carry any spares. TIA.
    The fray dunaways should be available this spring through our distributors. It is possible that not every Felt Global distributor will carry them however.
    -SD

SoCal--S Beach to the Dam
    Quote Originally Posted by wpcouch View Post
    Have a tech question regarding your Felt? Not sure if a certain part will be compatible? Just have a general question about your bike or Felt?

Here's your chance to get answers from the source! Ask away!
    What dealer by me{lakewood, ca} will have a F2 Di2 to test ride?
    Carbon,Steel,Aluminum or Ti,who really cares as long as we ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    I was wondering if you offer a bar tape that has the same feel as the tape that came on my 2011 z85?I don't mind if its not white,mine is getting dirty and I just purcahsed a set of devox bars and I don't want to put dirty tape on my new bars.Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phatz85 View Post
    I was wondering if you offer a bar tape that has the same feel as the tape that came on my 2011 z85?I don't mind if its not white,mine is getting dirty and I just purcahsed a set of devox bars and I don't want to put dirty tape on my new bars.Thanks
    Feel as in gel? Most any bikeshop will have gel bartape. Also online.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    I'm sorry about the silly question,but I am fairly new to road biking and I like how comfortable the tape feels while riding and I'd hate to buy a product that wasn't as good so I was hoping for some advice.

Not silly. If you don't know, ask.

Example
    2012 Fizik Microtex Bar Gel - Competitive Cyclist

3T Cycling
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Racersir View Post
    I have a question I have a 2011 Felt F5 Team Garmin and was looking to upgrade my crankset from the Shimano 105 to a a FSA SLK Light BB30. Will these be a straight forward install? Is the F5 bottom bracket BB30 with a 24mm adapter for the Shimano? Also I'm thinking of changing to a BB30 ceramic bearings to reduce friction. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Yes, you just need to pull out the 24mm adaptors and slide in the BB30 cranks. You won't need new bearings and unless you've got an "in" with a ceramic bearing source there are many other areas to spend your dollars for a performance per buck upgrade.

If you do opt for the ceramics, just get the K-Force Light cranks as they'll come equipped.

Great ride by the way! I loved the way that model turned out.

-SD

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004

Problem with internal routing

As a followup, I just got my 58cm FC. Beautiful frame, especially for the price.

One problem. When I went to route the cables internally I found that the Ultegra Di2 internal junction box won't fit in the hole underneath the bottom bracket (where the removable cable routing piece normally sits).

Is there a solution? I'd like to have a fully internal setup.

Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    it comes Di2 equipped

QUESTION FOR SUPERDAVE:
    in case I want to install a standard mechanical/cabled gearing system, can I use the adapters below on this frame?

If negative, does the frame allow a mechanical system, or is it a Di2 system only frame?

Still waiting for a reply from FELT...

3T Cycling
    May 2009
    yes, you'll need to drop it down the downtube. Shimano suprised us with the larger Di2 box for Ultegra. For 2013 the frame will be modified to fit the new 18mm box. For now you'll need to pull out the fork and fish everything down the tubetube.

Sorry; but the good news is you'll only need to do it once!

-SD

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    Still waiting for a reply from FELT...

Me too.

Born to chase Ducks
    Quote Originally Posted by shokhead View Post

Me too.
    I'm guessing it would be faster to look them up using the Dealer Locator on www.feltbicycles.com and calling the shops directly.

Felt distribution is going to know where they shipped bikes, but I'm pretty sure they don't have real time inventories of LBS's.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    I cannot decide whether the seafoam green Lounge kit is cursed or a suit of armor that protects us...like a lycra St. Christopher's medal.

Felt Bicycles
    Dec 2011
    Phatz85.

We do offer a similar bartape to your 2011 Z85 in the Aftermarket. It can be found on our website under road parts or any Felt dealer should be able to order you some.

-BW3

Quote Originally Posted by Don4 View Post
    I'm guessing it would be faster to look them up using the Dealer Locator on Felt Bicycles and calling the shops directly.

Felt distribution is going to know where they shipped bikes, but I'm pretty sure they don't have real time inventories of LBS's.
    Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo
    it comes Di2 equipped

QUESTION:

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast