Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 616263
Results 1,551 to 1,565 of 1565

Thread: Ask FELT!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just wondering if anyone from Felt hangs out any more. Super Dave 3T? All the discussion about 28 mm tire on the Felt Z series has me wondering. I want to change out the Vittoria Rubino 25mm tires on my Z4 Disc to Challenge Paris-Roubaix tires. They are 27 mm.

1.Do I want the clinchers or do I want to try the Open Tubulars? 300 TPI vs 120 TPI. Will they fit? Early Z4 Disc website info suggested the bike would come with them. Super Dave said there were ISO issues with the Challenge tires.
    2. Were the issues with the clincher version or the Open Tubular version?
    3. And will my 700 x 18/23 spare tubes be used with 27mm tires, or should I get 700 x 25/28 tubes?

I had a flat 2 days ago on the Rubinos, and they are non folding. Changing the tube in the middle of a ride was tougher than with the Rubino Pros I have had in the past. Any advice appreciated.

RoadBikeReview Member
    OK. I purchased the Challenge Paris-Roubaix 300 TPI 27mm Open Tubulars for my Z4 Disc. I just installed them. They fit just fine, at least after initial mounting. Takes about 20 minutes per tire. I now know why Felt doesn't put them on their bikes. They would have to charge $100 more per bike just for the labor. Fortunately, I bought the Crank Brothers Speedier tire lever and the Kool Stop Tire Bead Jack. The CB tool help you get the first bead on the rim. I needed both tools to get the last 6 inches of the second bead on the rim. For now, as Challenge recommends, I am using butyl tubes. I am using 700 x 23/25 tubes for now. I will try the latex tubes after the tires stretch. I have an English Century next weekend on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. If it doesn't get rained out, (the forecast is for an East Coast deluge), I will report back on the ride quality. Just riding in my neighborhood tonight, it feels a bit springier.

The tires come flat.

Here is the 25mm Rubino (still a bear to get off the rim)

This is the Crank Bros tool needed to get the first bead in the rim.

This is the clearance with the Challenge 27mm tires installed.

Comparison of the 25mm Rubino on the left (front wheel) and the 27mm Challenge on the right (rear wheel).

Kool Stop and Crank Bros tools. You can thank me later.

Update: I did ride the English century on the eastern shore of Virginia. Temps as low as 46, avg 51, briefly got to 61F. 21-25 mph sustained winds, rain, and gusts up to 40 mph. But the Challenge tires were fantastic. Earlier in the week I road 35 miles with the tires at 80 psi. For the century, I filled them to 90 psi. The roads were rural, and there was a fair amount of leaves/twigs and small branches from the high winds. Wet traction was just fine on the very flat route. Obviously, comfort was the most noticeable of these tires, along with great cornering feel. As others have noted, the tires do stretch a bit after riding, and they look larger than 27 mm. The Felt Z4 Disc still has clearance, though only about 2 mm from rear tire to the "rib" that protrudes downward from the rear seat stays. I am planning to get latex tubes and I will update again after I purchase them. Still deciding between Vittoria and Challenge for the latex tubes. Bottom line: if your bike will fit the Challenge Paris-Roubaix open tubulars, you will be impressed with the ride compared to 25 mm tires. I certainly haven't felt any slower with them over the 140 or so miles I have ridden. I will update with their longevity over time. If they last long enough and over time have reasonable puncture resistance, I will stick with these tires. You can find them for about the same price as 28 mm Vittoria G+ Rubinos. But the initial installation is a bear.

Here is the clearance after 140 miles:

Last edited by TDI Hoo; 10-23-2016 at 04:46 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mistake - post deleted.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2015
    Am I going insane or did Felt take FR1 Disc off of their website? If so, why? I was pretty excited about that one.

3T Cycling
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gurk700 View Post
    Am I going insane or did Felt take FR1 Disc off of their website? If so, why? I was pretty excited about that one.

SRAM cannot deliver the eTap hydro components.
    -SD

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdave3T View Post
    SRAM cannot deliver the eTap hydro components.
    -SD
    are there plans to offer a disc FR1 frame?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2016
    Hi, new to forum, hope you can help. I have a 2015 Felt z6 and need some bearings for the headset, can you help with specifications? regards.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    When is the disc brake version of AR being released?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2015
    Hello. I'm having an issue with my bike's FD hanger rivets. The two rivets in the front are too loose and preventing a good FD adjustment. They let the hanger move backwards when I shift to the big ring as a cable tension is applied to move the FD cage outwards.mThe bike is a 2015 Felt Z6, purchased in Nov. 2015.

Is there a solution, preferably under warranty?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2009
    Does anyone know if clement x'plor mso 40s will fit on a sized 47 F65x?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2017
    Hi all wondering if you can help with a Felt freehub query I have.

I recently picked up a Felt wheelset with Felt hubs (700c 40x19mm wheels, 28 spoke) off of a Felt F75. The 2014 F75 spec was a Shimano 105 groupset with the 10 speed Only Shimano 105 cassette meaning I have the quite rare 10 speed Only freehub.
    Is it possible that any other Wheel Hub manufacturers made wheel hubs that are same spec as the Felt hubs so that I can upgrade my freehub to 11 speed compatible one?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2014
    Judging by the UK spec, the 2014 F75 had the same hubs and rims as my 2014 Z6 - Felt R3 hubs, Mavic CXP22 rims. If they are the same, they are already 10 and 11 speed compatible. All you need to do is remove the plastic spacer disc.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hi Felt guys,

I've a 2007 Felt F75 now with many upgrades. It's originally fitted with 105 5600 (I think) shifters, FD and cranksets (FC R600). Time has come for an upgrade. So I was wondering if the new 105 5700 shifters will work with the 105 5600 front derailleur and, most importantly, the Ultegra 6600 GS rear derailleur

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2017
    thanks for replying, the wheelset are Felt rims & hubs and the freehub is definitely a 10 speed only with the deeper splines and unfortunately without any cassette spacers. I need to replace freehub but the question is what will fit the wheel hub? I can provide the dimensions of the hub and freehub if that helps?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2014
    That is beyond my knowledge I'm afraid. Maybe you could try the "Components/wrenching" section? Or just replace the wheel if it turns out to be awkward or expensive to swap a freehub.

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 616263