Page 1 of 63 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 1565

Thread: Ask FELT!

  1. #1
    feltbicycles.com
    Reputation: wpcouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    100

    Ask FELT!

    Have a tech question regarding your Felt? Not sure if a certain part will be compatible? Just have a general question about your bike or Felt?

    Here's your chance to get answers from the source! Ask away!
    __________________________
    www.feltbicycles.com - wilcouchatfeltbicyclesdotcom - Facebook -

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    33
    good thread - I've started a couple of threads with questions (and received helpful answers) but this centralized thread should be the place from here on

    thanks

  3. #3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    99
    Hi Wpcouch,

    Is there a way to get the accessories and clothing delivered to the UK either through my company or by private sale.
    I would love these bottles and cages to match my lovely Felt bike.
    Best regards

    John

  4. #4
    feltbicycles.com
    Reputation: wpcouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    100
    Hi John,

    I assume you mean via the US website? Since we are the US distributor, we are only able to ship product to US addresses. In order to get P/A in the UK you would need to order via our UK distributor. Here is their contact info:

    Saddleback Ltd.
    Unit 10,
    Easter Court,
    Woodward Avenue,
    Yate,
    Bristol, BS37 5YS
    UK

    Phone: +44 1454 285285
    Fax: +44 1454 285286

    Email: info@saddleback.co.uk
    Web: Felt Bicycles
    __________________________
    www.feltbicycles.com - wilcouchatfeltbicyclesdotcom - Facebook -

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    9

    FC 58cm di2 harness?

    Here's one for you...I just ordered a 2012 FC frameset in the 58cm size. Which Di2 harness will I need?

    Thanks,
    Ralph

    Quote Originally Posted by wpcouch View Post
    Have a tech question regarding your Felt? Not sure if a certain part will be compatible? Just have a general question about your bike or Felt?

    Here's your chance to get answers from the source! Ask away!

  6. #6
    feltbicycles.com
    Reputation: wpcouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    100
    If run externally, you will need Shim part number 7970-Di2, front wiring harness, and I would get the large size rear harness for a 58cm frame. EW-7970L

    For internal routing, choose rear harness IEW7975. This is the better option, as the FC is internal compatible for 2012
    Last edited by wpcouch; 11-03-2011 at 06:41 AM.
    __________________________
    www.feltbicycles.com - wilcouchatfeltbicyclesdotcom - Facebook -

  7. #7
    feltbicycles.com
    Reputation: wpcouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    100
    Or, if you prefer the Ultegra Di2 route:

    Front harness: SM-67-A-E
    Internal rear harness: EW-SD50-I
    __________________________
    www.feltbicycles.com - wilcouchatfeltbicyclesdotcom - Facebook -

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    9
    Just the plain W7975? Or, one of the A1, A2 variants?

    Quote Originally Posted by wpcouch View Post
    For internal routing, choose rear harness IEW7975. This is the better option, as the FC is internal compatible for 2012

  9. #9
    3T Cycling
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by rmaurer View Post
    Just the plain W7975? Or, one of the A1, A2 variants?
    SPEC. BATTERY HOLDER JUNCT ION CORD (JCT-JCT2) FD CORD (FD-FD3) RD CORD (RD-RD3) BT CORD (BR-BR3)
    If you want to run the battery on the non-drive chainstay, use

    IEW7975A1

    EW-7975A-1 Short size battery mount Internal 400mm

    If you'd prefer to run an internal battery like the Icarus or clamp it to the outside of the seatpost like our F2x and DA Di2 seatpost option use:
    IEW7975A2

    EW-7975A-2 Short size battery mount Internal 1010mm



    The Shimano Tech Doc page is quite helpful for determining the Di2 set up and of course a Felt Dealer with experience running Di2 on our frames.

    -SD

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    114
    Wow. This is great. I want to get a 3 speed Claire type cruiser for my 9 year-old daughter, but here's the catch. I want a plain unpainted bike.....like the Felt Cruiser Frame is offered.

    My daughter is an aspiring artist and she would love to paint her own design on the bike.

    Any chance I can order a bike in the raw....or do I need to get a bike and have it stripped?

    Thanks! BTW....my new DA3 is at the shop being built as we speak and I'm going into get fit first thing tomorrow AM. My first Felt!!!

  11. #11
    feltbicycles.com
    Reputation: wpcouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    100
    Nevermiss-

    Currently the only unpainted option we have available is the Canvas Cruiser, so that would be your best option. Please be aware that stripping and repainting the Claire, or any of our painted bikes, will void the manufacturer's warranty.

    Congrats on the DA3! I'm sure you will love it!
    __________________________
    www.feltbicycles.com - wilcouchatfeltbicyclesdotcom - Facebook -

  12. #12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by wpcouch View Post
    Nevermiss-

    Currently the only unpainted option we have available is the Canvas Cruiser, so that would be your best option. Please be aware that stripping and repainting the Claire, or any of our painted bikes, will void the manufacturer's warranty.

    Congrats on the DA3! I'm sure you will love it!
    Thanks wpcouch! I had a feeling that would be the case. I think the style/geometry of the Claire is much better suited for a 9 year-old girl, so I think I'll get her the Claire and if she wants to paint it....then I'll go from from there. I feel much more comfortable voiding the warranty on the Claire than on my DA3!

    However....I also plan to get a Canvas Cruiser for me and I can just let her paint my bike if she wants!

    We'll be a 3 Felt family by Christmas.

  13. #13
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    100
    I have a 2011 F4 with the standard double gearing (53/39) crankset. Two questions:-
    1. Can I simply change the rings on the crankset to 50/34 (compact gearing), or do I need to buy a new crakset?, and,
    2. If I make that change will I need to modify chain length or use different rear derailleur?

    Thanks,
    Damian.

  14. #14
    3T Cycling
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by wotnoshoeseh View Post
    I have a 2011 F4 with the standard double gearing (53/39) crankset. Two questions:-
    1. Can I simply change the rings on the crankset to 50/34 (compact gearing), or do I need to buy a new crakset?, and,
    2. If I make that change will I need to modify chain length or use different rear derailleur?

    Thanks,
    Damian.
    Damian,
    Thank you for your business, the F4 is a great machine, a workhorse in the F-series line. The standard 53/39t crankset uses a 130mm bolt circle diameter (B.C.D.) This size only allows for chainrings down to 38t, any smaller and the attachement bolts will interfere with the chain/ring interface. If you want to swap to compact gearing you'll need at least, the drive side crank arm and chainrings. You don't need a complete new crankset with bottom bracket and the left crank arm although it may be difficult to source just the drive side. The "compact" on the 50/34t crankset refers not just to the smaller rings but also the B.C.D. which is 110mm on the Shimano Ultegra cranks.
    If the only change you make is to go to 50-34t then you'll also want to shorten the chain.

    One option you might consider is a new cassette. The stock 11-25t cassette could be changed to a 12-28t or 11-28t and Shimano recently introduced a 12-30t option as well. Techically speaking the 30t exceeds the current "28t max" cog size on the Ultegra RD but it remains within the published capacity. It might be worth a try at your locall Felt Dealer to verify the function with a 12-30t cassette. That would be the most affordable alternative to get a lower gear range.

    One change you'll see on Felt's 2012 models is the use of "performance compact" gearing with more models using the 52/36t chainring size on compact 110mm BCD. This has proven more versatile for many of our consumers. This option will be found on many 2012 Felt models and you'll see it being used from more brands in the industry in 2013.

    -SD
    Last edited by Superdave3T; 01-02-2012 at 06:21 PM.

  15. #15
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    30
    Question: I am planning to purchase a Felt F75 within the U.S. What colors are available for this model? Ive seen matte black & gloss white, Black & dark blue, lighter blue & white... Also the model posted on the website is that a 2011 or 2012? thanks

  16. #16
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    99
    Hello SD,

    Did you receive my emails I sent directly to you at your felt address? Hopefully you can help / reply?

    All the best

    John

  17. #17
    3T Cycling
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by lastingxcauses View Post
    Question: I am planning to purchase a Felt F75 within the U.S. What colors are available for this model? Ive seen matte black & gloss white, Black & dark blue, lighter blue & white... Also the model posted on the website is that a 2011 or 2012? thanks
    If you are buying in the USA you'll get the F75 with the 2-tone paint job using Matte Black with Gloss White along the top tube. It is pictured here on our 2012 website.

    F75 Road Bike - Felt Bicycles

    There are 3 different color options offered globally with each Felt distributor selecting the colors that suit their country/markets best.

    -SD

  18. #18
    3T Cycling
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnpembo73 View Post
    Hello SD,

    Did you receive my emails I sent directly to you at your felt address? Hopefully you can help / reply?

    All the best

    John
    Yes, I'm working on the solution at this moment. Thanks for your patience.

    -SD

  19. #19
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    99
    Cheers SD

  20. #20
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    16
    SD

    great thanks :-)

  21. #21
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    100
    Thanks SD.
    We had the Felt truck at my local dealer here last weekend, and got a chance to preview the new 2012 models. Very nice.

  22. #22
    tmb
    tmb is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    48

    F65x

    Waiting to hear when the F65x will ship, the last my lbs heard was after New Year's. Any updated info?

    Is that a 110 or 130 bolt pattern crankset?

    Weights for complete bike available yet?

    Thanks
    T

  23. #23
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1

    Colors of an '08 F75?

    Hello all,

    I am looking at a used Felt F75. It looks to be in excellent condition. The color scheme is the matte black, white lettering and yellow trim. I know colors vary from year to year. He says it's an '08' but I can't find pics of an '08 to try and confirm the model year. Thanks, Bill

  24. #24
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: JogBike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Waloupis View Post
    Hello all,

    I am looking at a used Felt F75. It looks to be in excellent condition. The color scheme is the matte black, white lettering and yellow trim. I know colors vary from year to year. He says it's an '08' but I can't find pics of an '08 to try and confirm the model year. Thanks, Bill
    Go to www.bikepedia.com. The photo of the 2007 Felt F75 matches your description. Specifically, BikePedia - 2007 Felt F75 Complete Bicycle . Scroll to bottom of that page to see OEM specs.

  25. #25
    3T Cycling
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by tmb View Post
    Waiting to hear when the F65x will ship, the last my lbs heard was after New Year's. Any updated info?

    Is that a 110 or 130 bolt pattern crankset?

    Weights for complete bike available yet?

    Thanks
    T
    The F65x (and all SRAM 'Cross cranks) used 130mm B.C.D. Now (2013 model year) we've been able to get them to make 46t x 36t 110mm BCD rings + BB30 cranks. F65x now uses this custom crankset exclusively created for Felt.

    -SD
    Last edited by Superdave3T; 10-04-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Page 1 of 63 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Felt F4 2010 or Felt F5 2011?
    By Pete bike in forum Felt
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-04-2012, 06:42 AM
  2. 2005 Felt F1 vs. 2007 Felt F2
    By w4ta in forum Felt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 09:36 AM
  3. 2010 Felt Heritage Cruiser (Felt Website)
    By MaddSkillz in forum Felt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 10:15 AM
  4. looking to buy a felt f4/ felt f4sl
    By kyroadguy in forum Felt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 12:31 PM
  5. Compare Felt F15 to Felt 45, 50, or 55
    By Thegratefuldad in forum Bikes, Frames and Forks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 08:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •