Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Felt FC upgrade opinions

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Racersir 
#1 ·
Heres my 2012 Felt FC with a couple of upgrades Ultegra brakes and derailleurs, FSA SLK Crankset, Shimano 105 shifters, I'm thinking about upgrading the to Sram Red group. Do you think it would be a good upgrade besides the weight? Thanks in advanced

See less See more
#5 ·
To me, the question of the shifters (and therefore derailleurs) is entirely a personal preference. You should pick which ones feel the best to you, fit your hands, and lastly, which shifting system you like best (I put that last because all the shifting systems work really well).

After that, pick the pricepoint within that brand that you either lust after or can afford (great if it's both).

I have road bikes with Shimano and with Sram. I HUGELY prefer the Sram fit and feel, and have a distinct, but not crucial, preference for the doubletap type of shifting.

It could be tha my shimano is older (6500 series), but the hoods just don't fit my hands, and even with slim shims, it is more difficult shifting from the drops than the Sram. The Sram (red) fit my hands much, much better. I don't know if it I would like Shimano better if they were later versions though.

One other thing: another reason I tried Sram in the first place was just to try it - why not try something new? Now, I think I'll stick with it for future bikes just becaue I've learned I like it better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.