RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013

Just got an F1 PR - what should I do with it?

This is the "limited edition" 2015 model. Will post pics later.

My first thought is to put on a set of Panaracer Gravel Kings (28 wide) that I've lying around and make this a "lite" gravel.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    A little pic here:
    Just got an F1 PR - what should I do with it?-img_2034.jpg

The wheels/tires are Kinlin XR270+Rubino Pros from another bike that was upgraded to Pacenti/Conti. I'll probably just put the stock Mavic Ksyriums aside: don't like the look of them or the horrible 1990-style skewers and what's this thing about needing a non-standard nipple tool?!

The bike is beautiful with the bare carbon finish. Color schemes are overrated.

On the other hand, I feel that the overall kit is inferior compared to, say, Scott's carbon bikes. In spite of Dura Ace derailleurs etc. As they say, the devil's in the details:
    1. The front derailleur was sorely in need of an adjustment because of cable stretch. Whereas the Scott bikes include an inline adjuster for the shift cables, the Felt doesn't. I ordered an inline adjuster just to make maintenance easier in the longer term
    2. The basic design of the bike hasn't changed since AFAIK the 2011 F-models. The cable routing is still mostly external (good), with a very painful-to-set-up route for the front derailleur cable (I used to own a 2011 F5).
    3. Alloy carbon seatpost: I understand the the point was to reduce vibration, but carbon can do it as well.

I haven't had a chance to ride the bike yet. Will likely install the inline adjuster (along with a new shift cable) and do other minor fit adjustments (replacement stem etc) before I take the first ride.

3T Cycling
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky6 View Post
    This is the "limited edition" 2015 model. Will post pics later.

My first thought is to put on a set of Panaracer Gravel Kings (28 wide) that I've lying around and make this a "lite" gravel.
    I rode mine with 33mm 'cross tires most of the time. Did a few gravel races on it with 30mm Challenge Tubulars and even some CX with it. I also raced it at a few road stage races. The question really is what shouldn't you do with it? I wish I still had mine.