Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

05 F-80

Here's my '05 F-80. 58 cm, FSA Gossamer crank from an '05 F-70, black 105 rear der., 105 front der., Salsa stem and handlebar, MTB Speed V saddle, and Time ATAC mountain pedals (yeah, I know, but it's all I had. Can't afford road shoes/pedals yet). I know the stem looks pretty upright, but with resent back problems, this helped a lot. And the saddle is kinda pointed down a little bit, but tweaking it every ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Felt pics...-road-bike-3.jpg   Post your Felt pics...-road-bike-2.jpg  

No team-cest unless 8+!
    HERE IS ONE OF THEM!

The other... is somewhere on ebay. ;)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Felt pics...-bike.jpg   Post your Felt pics...-bike2.jpg  

Bacon!

Like the bars and tape selection

So, are those the original wheels with labels removed? I need to change out my stem and bars also. Just been slow to do so. Really like the bike and have been very happy with my "aluminum can" and feel it was money really well spent. Here's my bike from a ride on Saturday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Felt pics...-29woodslake.jpg  
    “To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit — ever. They’re like the Viet Cong — Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower.”

S2H
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzer2424
    HERE IS ONE OF THEM!

The other... is somewhere on ebay. ;)
    Nice, now just get matching cages.

No team-cest unless 8+!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridgetop
    So, are those the original wheels with labels removed? I need to change out my stem and bars also. Just been slow to do so. Really like the bike and have been very happy with my "aluminum can" and feel it was money really well spent. Here's my bike from a ride on Saturday.
    Nope. Actually they're DA hubs, with velocity fusion rims. 2x in the rear, radial in the front.

Now that you mention it, they really look like the stock wheels. lol.

Oh yeah. FSA bar/stem combo. The stock setup is heavy as SIN!

No team-cest unless 8+!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2Hotty
    Nice, now just get matching cages.
    No way man. I'm a college student. Another carbon cage at 50 bucks? lol. I lose the alloy one during the important crits. I usually only take one bottle half full bottle (I'm an optomist ) anyway.

S2H
    wut?
    No way man. I'm a college student. Another carbon cage at 50 bucks? lol. I lose the alloy one during the important crits. I usually only take one bottle half full bottle (I'm an optomist ) anyway.
    Sell the carbon one on eBay and buy a 2nd alloy.

RoadBikeReview Member

what?

Nope. Actually they're DA hubs, with velocity fusion rims. 2x in the rear, radial in the front.

Now that you mention it, they really look like the stock wheels. lol.

Oh yeah. FSA bar/stem combo. The stock setup is heavy as SIN!
    I'm not sure by what scale you gage your opinion, but my stock F55 (54cm) is 16.6 pounds, with the 1700 gram Easton wheelset...I wouldn't call it a boat anchor...Zipp 303 or Elan Primas would make it a lightweight...

Bacon!
    I think he may have meant the bars and stem. You can save some weight there definitely. My bike is like yours, about 17lbs. But I could squeeze another 100grams or more off by switching the bars and stem.
    “To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit — ever. They’re like the Viet Cong — Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower.”

No team-cest unless 8+!
    Quote Originally Posted by bahueh
    I'm not sure by what scale you gage your opinion, but my stock F55 (54cm) is 16.6 pounds, with the 1700 gram Easton wheelset...I wouldn't call it a boat anchor...Zipp 303 or Elan Primas would make it a lightweight...

Errm. Yeah. As far as bikes go, sub-17 is pretty damn good.

But as far as bars/stems go, its pretty bad. I bought the FSA RD200's because I bent the Felt ones. When I pulled them off and held them together, it was amazing how heavy the stock ones felt.

No team-cest unless 8+!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2Hotty
    Sell the carbon one on eBay and buy a 2nd alloy.
    Bite me.

RoadBikeReview Member

And now for something completely different

'05 SR-81 -
    It's a great little bike - only regret is that I didn't go for the SR-71 with the better components and the compact crank (rather than the triple). Unfortunately, Felt discontinued their "flat bar" road bikes after this model year, citing "poor sales."
    Since this is my commuter, I'd like to say it's not my primary ride - that would be posted in the Seven forum - but if it weren't for commuting, I would get precious little riding in. Just not enough time after work, and not enough days in a weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005

flexy cranks

Quote Originally Posted by stalter
    Those RPM cranks are made by FSA. They were ok but too flexy for me. The Ultegra was a smart choice. I am a pretty heavy guy 5'10" 205.
    I just replaced the bottom bracket with a shimano UN73 BB. It took most of the flexiness out of the cranks.

TT
    It is said that it will take the moose 10,000 years to learn that the automobile is dangerous. By then the automobile will be extinct.

S2H
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTap
    I just replaced the bottom bracket with a shimano UN73 BB. It took most of the flexiness out of the cranks.

TT
    Is that Ultegra level?

Did it really make a very noticable difference? I would have thought the cranks themselves were the cause of the squishiness.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005

Tiagra or 105

I think the shimano bb un73 is tiagra or 105 level.

Yes, the difference was very significant. Stability on this bike is greatly improved. My riding buddies said they saw me out of the saddle more yesterday than the entire year.

TT
    It is said that it will take the moose 10,000 years to learn that the automobile is dangerous. By then the automobile will be extinct.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006

F60

Mine. new wheels. Rigida DPX Rims, Shimano hubs, DT Swiss spokes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Felt pics...-bike-new-whels-resized-.jpg  

Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
    No photos yet, but I'm riding a new F4C. Will take some shots when I'm tired of riding it!
    Ride in Peace....Enjoy every sandwich......Mike

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005

Team Issue Felt

This is the bike I've been racing all year. Full Dur Ace Easton Tempest II wheels. About 17 lbs for a 58cm.

You can see other team bikes at this address.

http://www.clemmonsbicycle.com/racing%20photos.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006

Felt F4C '06

Is it possible to actually be in love with a bike? Yeah - I think so. Just bought this and only have about 50 miles on it, but what a ride! I have an old bike from the 70's or 80's and had an opportunity to ride a friends Felt. I was hooked! This is stock with no modifications, but pedals... I still love the old steel bike, too...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Felt pics...-felt.jpg  

That's the dang truth!!!
    Nice looking Felts everyone. I sold my 04 F80 and now have an 06 F55 on the way!

Man I can't wait!

Later,
    Stalter
    06 Felt F55 Racing Rig
    06 TNI Carbon Tri Rig

Sweat dries, blood clots, bones heal, suck it up and be a Marine!

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional

Enjoying the Ride

'05 F70 - the "Yellow Jacket"

Here's my ride, the '05 F70 "Yellow Jacket." Can't get enough saddle time on this baby...

Aftermarket stuff to date: Forte' stem, Specialized BG saddle & Hot Dot rear flasher, Shimano A-520 pedals, Profile Design Kages, Hurricane mini-pump, Trans-it wedge seat pack w/tools, & a Cateye Micro Wireless computer. Plus a few bits of colored plastic tape thrown in for good measure. Very tasty...

Keep Ridin'
    HC
    "It can't be the rider, it's gotta be the bike...yeah, that's it..."

Mostly Absent
    Here's my baby. Just put on the yellow tape about a month ago and customized the cages. By "customized", I mean, I bought John Deere/warning sign yellow Krylon and put on about 4 coats. New wheels (prolly Neuvation) are next, then maybe a carbon seatpost. It has the sweatguard on it because I rode the trainer yesterday and left it on. I find that it acutally comes in handy.

with a lust for life
    Jun 2006
    I do enjoy this bike!

teh n00b
    Jan 2007
    Just picked her up this week. '06 F5C.
    Easton Orion II's
    I haven't gotten my pedals in the mail yet (black Egg Beater C's)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast