RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009

Should I get the '09 or the '10 F-3SL

I don't know which bike I should get. I can the the 09 for under 3k in a couple of days or I can get the '10 in a couple of weeks for 3.5k. Which one should I get? Is there that much difference between the model years.

kytyree
    Can't the shop clarify this for you?

And unless the specs were different enough or one color suited you a lot better I would keep in mind that after you've bought it and ridden it they'll probably be worth within $100 of each other if the spec is similar.

Felt Bicycles
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by absolutsooner
    I don't know which bike I should get. I can the the 09 for under 3k in a couple of days or I can get the '10 in a couple of weeks for 3.5k. Which one should I get? Is there that much difference between the model years.
    F3 for 2010 gets an upgraded frame, new improved custom color Fulcrum Racing wheelset and lighter Bar/Stem.

The bike is better bike in 2010 for sure, lighter frame, lighter wheels, etc. but saving $500 is significant as the drivetrain remains basically unchanged for SRAM and their RED group in '10.

You most likely won't be able to tell the difference in a parking lot test ride.

-SD

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperdaveFelt
    F3 for 2010 gets an upgraded frame, new improved custom color Fulcrum Racing wheelset and lighter Bar/Stem.

The bike is better bike in 2010 for sure, lighter frame, lighter wheels, etc. but saving $500 is significant as the drivetrain remains basically unchanged for SRAM and their RED group in '10.

You most likely won't be able to tell the difference in a parking lot test ride.

-SD
    +1. The frame and wheels seem to make it worth the extra $500 but you should ride both (on a good 10-15 minute ride) and judge for yourself.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009
    While on the subject of the F series, why no 2010 F2?