Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Z Series

SoCal--S Beach to the Dam
    Test rode this because they didn't have one with Di2 yet until after the first of the year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Z Series-f2_dura-ace_easton_2012_small-1-.jpg  
    Carbon,Steel,Aluminum or Ti,who really cares as long as we ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DEK View Post
    Count me as another with a Z85. I've put over 3,300 miles on it since I got it April of this year. The only quibble I had with it was the white tires. I couldn't wait until they wore out and I went all black. Looks nicer - at least to me.
    I couldn't agree more about the look of the white tires. At least it's an easy fix!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    I'm new here as far as posting but have been reading for just a little bit. I just recently purchased a 2011 Z5. I'm definitely enjoying this bike!

I actually wasn't looking at a road bike specifically and was definitely not looking to spend this amount.

I was originally shopping for an all purpose bike that I could go riding around the neighborhood with my 4 year-old daughter while also getting myself back into biking. I used to ride a road bike over 20 years ago and have not owned a bike since then.

After trying out a couple of hybrids, the store mechanic introduced a few road bikes to me. I test rode a Trek 2.1, Trek 3.1, Trek 4.5, Specialized Roubaix Elite, Orbea equivalent spec'd, and the Z5.

Well, I fell in love with the Z5 as soon as I rode it and I couldn't believe how much I missed riding a road bike. I liked it so much that I completely forgot my original intent of getting an all-purpose bike

Not until I went out riding with my daughter for the first time on the Z5 that I realized I completely missed my mark as far as what I was looking to buy and spend! This bike is definitely not what I would call easy to ride with my daughter around the neighborhood with needing to stop and go alot. I may need to either buy a lower dollar all-purpose bike for that or change my clipless pedal to one of the dual sided pedals so that I don't have to clip and unclip so much when I'm out riding with her.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    And...I have gone out riding much longer distances, now that I have this Z5.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    I'm new here as far as posting but have been reading for just a little bit. I just recently purchased a 2011 Z5. I'm definitely enjoying this bike!

I actually wasn't looking at a road bike specifically and was definitely not looking to spend this amount.

I was originally shopping for an all purpose bike that I could go riding around the neighborhood with my 4 year-old daughter while also getting myself back into biking. I used to ride a road bike over 20 years ago and have not owned a bike since then.

After trying out a couple of hybrids, the store mechanic introduced a few road bikes to me. I test rode a Trek 2.1, Trek 3.1, Trek 4.5, Specialized Roubaix Elite, Orbea equivalent spec'd, and the Z5.

Well, I fell in love with the Z5 as soon as I rode it and I couldn't believe how much I missed riding a road bike. I liked it so much that I completely forgot my original intent of getting an all-purpose bike

Not until I went out riding with my daughter for the first time on the Z5 that I realized I completely missed my mark as far as what I was looking to buy and spend! This bike is definitely not what I would call easy to ride with my daughter around the neighborhood with needing to stop and go alot. I may need to either buy a lower dollar all-purpose bike for that or change my clipless pedal to one of the dual sided pedals so that I don't have to clip and unclip so much when I'm out riding with her.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by myjplp View Post
    I'm new here and have recently bought a 2011 Felt Z5. Haven't put too many miles on the bike yet but absolutely enjoying it.

You'll enjoy it the more you ride it. I've made a few changes to my 2011 Z5. Triple crankset and high angle stem (age and disability). Selle Italia SL Flow saddle. American Classic wheelset. Black tires (white ones finally wore out enough to be replaced).
    Last edited by JogBike; 12-20-2011 at 04:51 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Thanks! I think I'll probably replace the tires with black ones when these white ones wear out. Haven't decided whether I will upgrade the wheels yet.

I am liking the saddle alot so far. I have even ridden one of the 20mile rides without a proper pair of cycling shorts...regular briefs and soccer shorts. Felt great! So, I don't think I will be changing the saddle anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JogBike View Post
    You'll enjoy it the more you ride it. I've made a few changes to my 2011 Z5. Triple crankset and high angle stem (age and disability). Selle Italia SL Flow saddle. American Classic wheelset. Black tires (white ones finally wore out enough to be replaced).

ReviewBikeRoad Member
    I have over 3,000 miles on my 2010 z85 now, and I love it. I've dropped the bars a bit since I purchased it to get a bit more aero, and it feels great. For the price point, I believe it's one of the best "bang for your buck" bikes out there. A tad heavy when compared directly to some higher end bikes, but to drop another pound or two you'd have to spend significantly more money - and at ~19.5 lbs heavy is certainly a relative term.

I've done rides longer than 100 miles on it and finished feeling great, and my highest climb so far is 4,000 ft of elevation in a single go - all handled quite well by the Z.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    My first bike in 2009 was a 2008 model Z100. I loved it. Currently looking for a new bike and am considering a higher end Z.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    i am about to purchase a 2011 Felt Z2
    it comes Di2 equipped

QUESTION FOR SUPERDAVE:
    in case I want to install a standard mechanical/cabled gearing system, can I use the adapters below on this frame?

.feltbicycles.com/Resources/ProductPhotos/LargeBikes/Di2%20Parts%20Kit.jpg

If negative, does the frame allow a mechanical system, or is it a Di2 system only frame?

Old guy with a bike
    Dec 2011
    Jumped on the Z bandwagon. Purchased a Z6 and will strip everything and change it to a SRAM Rival drivetrain. Can't wait to see my bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    I hit mile 1000 this morning on my '12 Z4. Not bad considering I got her in early October and its winter in Ohio. Been a great winter for cycling actually. Also wanted to report that with very little effort my white tires still look like new. Its not hard people, just wipe them down when you clean your bike. takes about 2 minutes and they can really make a bike "pop". I get people talking about my bike every ride i attend. beautiful, especially in the sunlight. and it rides like a dream!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    I've had my 2012 Z6 for about 1 month now. I have almost 100 miles on it. It's my first road bike and it fits me great. I think the stock seat may even work out.

The 10-sp Tiagra set is nice and the matte finish is eye-catching.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011
    I feel like I wish I bought a Z6 as my firstbike over my diamondback....heh. Should of done my research instead of feeling the pressure of black friday sales as a newbie not knowing what I was buying, heh. I want to source one down for a test ride

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by igotyofire View Post
    I want to source one down for a test ride
    Their dealer network is pretty good. My LBS had a few to test out and brought one is just for me to test and I ended up buying it.

Contact them also. Their customer service is supposed to be good.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    Felt Z is definitly on my short list, not sure about the weight ratio ( I am 220 lbs) on the Carbon, that Z85 looks sweet to me....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixjours View Post
    Felt Z is definitly on my short list, not sure about the weight ratio ( I am 220 lbs) on the Carbon, that Z85 looks sweet to me....
    I am about 200lbs on Z6. No issues yet. The frame seems solid and I told the bike shop that I was heavy. The stock Mavic wheels are beastly so I doubt there will be any issues.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008
    seen a few up close and personal. as in moving past me very fast.

they seem pretty quick and to accelerate well. i was surprised, i thought they would be a bit more sporty. but i dont think the z series is for sporting, maybe not as racy as the f series, but not quite sport either. nice bike, plenty of felt ingenuity and quality built in.

RoadBikeReview Member
    In posting #8 SuperDaveFelt describes the Z series relative to the F series as race capable machines designed for ride quality and endurance.
    Last edited by JogBike; 03-08-2012 at 05:36 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    What type of bottom bracket does the Felt Z1 frame set take?

found out. uses english thread. Man I just dont understand why they make the F1 BB30 then the rest of the line another style. BB30 works, its great, and you can use alot of different brands. Not having BB30 is a downer for me.

How is the sizing compared to others in the size range? I read a review on RPK that said Felts can be a pain/difficult to fit due to the way there frames are sized.
    Last edited by TM-17; 03-05-2012 at 04:07 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixjours View Post
    I weigh 215 pounds and have 1200+ wonderful miles on my '12 Z4. I LOVE this bike. You will too

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JogBike View Post
    easridernyc -- Go to page 1 of this thread and see posting #8 by SuperDaveFelt where he describes the Z series relative to the F series. The Z series are race capable machines designed for ride quality and endurance. I have a 2011 Z5 with 105 group. From what I've heard, the Tiagara group has been improved for 2012, making the Z6 an even better value than previously.
    i am not new to this forum, my friend.

over twenty thousand miles on my '09 f75. and counting. thx

RoadBikeReview Member
    Last edited by JogBike; 03-08-2012 at 05:49 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by easyridernyc View Post
    i am not new to this forum, my friend.

over twenty thousand miles on my '09 f75. and counting. thx
    Last edited by JogBike; 03-08-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Old guy with a bike
    Dec 2011
    Taken from my crappy phone camera, my new Z6. Stripped of the factory group and replaced with a SRAM Rival drivetrain. Custom wheels on order.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast