RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013

Chrome Pista build with an Italian theme

Hey guys, I know this is my first post, but I'm building up a Bianchi Pista frame I rediscovered in my basement that I remember forgetting about (what?) about 3 years ago when I bought it as a whole bike.

The story goes that I worked at a bike shop and bought my first fixed gear which was a 54c Specialized Langster London. Well, shortly after I bought it someone stole it from me. To replace it I bought a 55cm chrome Pista built up with Deep Vs, Nitto pursuit bars and then a bunch of junk components. After getting it home I realized that the seatpost was frozen solid. I just could not get the damn thing out of there no matter what I tried so I just stripped it and bought another Langster London frame and put the parts on that.

Now where it gets weird is after riding the second Langster for about a year or so I noticed another Langster London on craigslist and sure enough it was my first one that was stolen from me. I contacted the seller and got the biek back so now I have two Langster Londons. One I have built up with Bontrager GXP cranks, ITM bars, Specialized Phenom SL saddle, FSA SLK seatpost, Dura-ace cog and lockring, and formula hubs laced to Alex DH22 rims as well as a completely stock Langster London in very good condition.

So this Pista has just been sitting in my basement this entire time literally just collecting dust with a frozen seatpost. I decided I would have another whack at making the frame rideable again, but this time I just decided to cut as much of the existing seatpost off and hammer the rear down as far into the seat tube as I could. So I grabbed a spare 27.2 seatpost and a 16 lbs sledgehammer and did just that. Now the frame might weigh a little bit more, but I don't really care at all.

I've decided to breath new life into the frame by purchasing all new components for it and building it up slowly with stuff that I've always wanted with an Italian theme. By the way the frame is completely sticker-less except fir the chainstay "Home | Bianchi USA" sticker.

The list
    Bars: Deda Chrono Nero
    Seatpost: Cinelli Vai
    Stem: Deda Zero100 90mm with a 1-1/8" to 1" spacer
    Saddle: Prologo Scratch Pro Ti 1.4
    Headset: Cane Creek something or other

Still have to buy:
    BB: Truvativ Team SL ISIS
    Crankset: FSA Carbon Pro
    Bar Tape: Deda black perforated
    Chain: undecided
    Cog: Shimano Dura-ace 16T or Sugino track set if I have the cash
    Lockring: Dura-ace
    Wheelset: Miche Pistard WR
    Tires: Specialized All-Condition Armadillos

Fork eventually: some sort of carbon fork with a 1" steerer tube
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chrome Pista build with an Italian theme-img_0106.jpg   Chrome Pista build with an Italian theme-img_0136.jpg  

duh...
    italian theme w no campy? no azzura?? no tricolore???

Quote Originally Posted by mikagsd
    Fat tire Fred....you are the bike god of the universe and unless someone agrees with your reasoning they are just plain stupid

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by FatTireFred View Post
    italian theme w no campy? no azzura?? no tricolore???
    I've just thought of something. Why don't I use a Campy Chorus ultra-torque crank and a Single-speed chainring?