RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006

DeBernardi Thron Track Sizing

Alright. I have the otpion of picking up a DeBernardi Thron Track frameset really cheap, but it' small - 47cm small. I usually ride a 51 regular, 52cm slope and my inseam is 30inches.

I know this frame is small, but conidering that this will only be a short-distance (15 - 20 minute MAX) commuter bike would the size difference be manageable?

I alreadylooked online and can find no exact meaurements for the TT of the 47cm size. If anyone knows and wants to elighten me that'd be great!
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

i like whiskey
    4cm sounds like it's too far off to me. I'd keep looking, esp. if it's for a commuter bike. If it's a pure track frame, then it probably isn't drilled for brakes. Certainly you can find a good, used frame that could easily be converted to a fixie for short commuting. Check the stickies. There are plenty of resources in there for you to have to settle for a frame that doesn't fit. Start with a Windsor The Hour and move up from there as your budget allows.

Old and Fixed, Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke
    Alright. I have the otpion of picking up a DeBernardi Thron Track frameset really cheap, but it' small - 47cm small. I usually ride a 51 regular, 52cm slope and my inseam is 30inches.

I know this frame is small, but conidering that this will only be a short-distance (15 - 20 minute MAX) commuter bike would the size difference be manageable?

I alreadylooked online and can find no exact meaurements for the TT of the 47cm size. If anyone knows and wants to elighten me that'd be great!
    I can't find the TT for a 47 but I'd guess it might be too small...You are probably looking at a 49cm or 50cm TT..I'd worry about your knees hitting the bars. Here are the specs on the larger sizes. I'm your size and I'd ride a 51.. Another thing to make sure that the 47 doesn't have 650c wheels

51 53
    53 54.5
    55 56
    57 57.5
    59 58.3
    61 59

Could you ride it? Probably but there are so many cheap fixed geared frames on the market, you could get something that fits for the same price
    Dave Hickey/ Fort Worth

My 3Rensho Blog: http://vintage3rensholove.blogspot.com/

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Thanks for the info - I found the geo from the US distributor and apparently it has a 52cmTT...small.

It's just so hard to pass up a frame for $50 when all I want is a brake-free fixie for rides to and from work and school.

I'll check out the Windsor Hour too.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Old and Fixed, Moderator
    $50???? Buy it and make it work....
    Dave Hickey/ Fort Worth

My 3Rensho Blog: http://vintage3rensholove.blogspot.com/

i like whiskey
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke
    Thanks for the info - I found the geo from the US distributor and apparently it has a 52cmTT...small.

It's just so hard to pass up a frame for $50 when all I want is a brake-free fixie for rides to and from work and school.
    If it has a 52cm tt, and you usually ride a 51 frame, then you'll be close. I was thinking the TT was going to be 48cm or something like that. You can always slap on a long seatpost, esp. for $50. Absolutely get it.

Done with winter.
    For $50 buy it, sell it on ebay and use the profits for something that fits.