ProtoJ
    May 2002

New Country Road Bob

Here are some pictures of my new Van Dessel CRB. I'm running it as a SS instead of fixie because I like to coast. Bike is 22.3 lbs as shown. I upgraded the seat and post and threw on some 28C Cont Ultra Gatorskins. The frame/fork has room for 45C, so it can be used as a road or a cross bike. I've been suprised that my average speed is similar to my geared road bike.....but I also only ride it about half as far. There are just too many hills where I live.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Country Road Bob-img_2006.jpg   New Country Road Bob-img_2009.jpg   New Country Road Bob-img_2010.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005
    Sharp bike - I dig the curved down tube, and I've always liked their raw frame w/ panels motif. Enjoy!

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    I just can't seem to get into the opposing forces that are the simplicity of a SS bike and the complexity that some frame builders impose on it. I'm sure it's a quality bike and all, and to each his own, but I just can't see myself owning a frame that is bent this way and that for no reason.

Or maybe I just don't know the reason.

Cyclocross is for crazy people anyway.
    Stand For Something.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterC
    I just can't seem to get into the opposing forces that are the simplicity of a SS bike and the complexity that some frame builders impose on it. I'm sure it's a quality bike and all, and to each his own, but I just can't see myself owning a frame that is bent this way and that for no reason.

Or maybe I just don't know the reason.

Cyclocross is for crazy people anyway.

you just don't know the reason....the right sort of curves are beautiful on bicycles (and women)...and this frame has the right sort

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005
    I just can't seem to get into the opposing forces that are the simplicity of a SS bike and the complexity that some frame builders impose on it.

I beg to differ!

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    I rest my case.

BURN!
    Stand For Something.

Polka Power
    I rest my case.

BURN!
    This?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Country Road Bob-fall6.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005
    ^ I'd hit that!

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    Look, I don't hate these bikes (in fact that last one looks pretty good I must admit) I just don't want to own one. I can appreciate the extra engineering that goes into it but it doesn't appeal to me.

Like, I've been to the opera (La Traviatta (sp?)), and it was amazing, but I don't want to listen to it in my car.
    Stand For Something.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    I love the CRB, may be my next bike now that I have 2 geared bikes. My newest one is a Van Dessel Hole Shot and I've been supremely pleased with it, and the customer service of the Van Dessel crew (who are local to my hometown.)