Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Red Hook Crit - Brooklyn - Spectator recommendations

926 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Rob T 
#1 ·
Hello. I was thinking of going to the Red Hook Crit on Saturday night in Brooklyn. Can anyone recommended best places to watch the races? I have never been so any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Red Hook Crit

So I went to this race and it was incredible! I highly recommend it. Just a great, electric atmosphere. If you love bikes, bike racing, and/or fixed gear it is a must see. Check out the Youtube videos to get a taste. They actually had a segment on CBS this morning about it today. I took my two sons - 9 and 11 and they loved it to. We parked in Brooklyn and brought our bikes. We were able to ride them to the event, leave during the 5K run. Ate a local Fairway Market with view of Statue of Liberty. Rode back to event. Valet parked our bikes for free and watched incredible racing. The course is something you would see in a video game except it was for real!!

#3 ·
Ah sh1t. I wanted to go but my buddy in western NJ talked me out of it. I ended up doing.... nothing memorable. I knew it would be a good time too. Sigh. It was right around the Ikea there, right? Sixpoint - my favorite local brewery! - was the sponsoring beer vendor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.