RoadBikeReview Member

Saw a new production street fixie today: SE Bikes

It was a nice looking street fixie with room for fenders. I tracked down their website, which is sebikes.com. I saw the blue and brown "draft light." It seemed like a very reasonable fixie for which the website lists a MSRP of $360. It looks like these guys mostly make bmx bikes, including competition level ones.

In trying to track down these guys I came across this link to urbanvelo.org, which had a listing of singlespeed commuter bikes for 2009, listed according to increasing price. Happy shopping.

RoadBikeReview Member
    SE has been around for a few years with single speed. I know a guy who owns one (2007 Draft). Wasn't terrible at all, but he knew he was going to replace it. 26-27lb single speed isn't his cup of tea. Nice looking bike nonetheless and he hasn't complained about reliability..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruck
    SE has been around for a few years with single speed. I know a guy who owns one (2007 Draft). Wasn't terrible at all, but he knew he was going to replace it. 26-27lb single speed isn't his cup of tea. Nice looking bike nonetheless and he hasn't complained about reliability..
    The $360 Draft Seems to be made with nameless "hi-ten" steel tubes. The fancier $650-$700 Lager is made with "100% cro-mo" and weighs 21.5 pounds. I kinda like the old school clip-on cable guides for the rear brake.

Not a rocket surgeon.
    The draft can commonly be had for 200.00. I can get them all day. I have a Lager I picked up a few years ago for 350.00 and it has been a good beater bike. Probably has 1500 or so on it with no problems. I just wore out the original tires.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009
    i got a lager a few weeks back but broke my collar bone so cant ride to much but i am right now setting it up for cross season i plan to do my first race this year