Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Seen on eBay: SWEET custom track frame

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  David Loving 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
FatTireFred said:
what's so unique about it?
It has a uniquely unattractive paint job?

#4 ·
Pablo said:
It has a uniquely unattractive paint job?

here's what he spammed on bf.net (as 'slowseth', but prob the same dude):

"don't be jealous of the flames, just put your money up for a good cause! the dice are for the gamble the keirin rider takes, the seat tube says "keirin" in japanese, and you got the keirin dude on the headtube. this bike was hand brushed and then cleared, good luck finding anything as unique! it IS custom, because there is not a stock model of this bike."

ok so it IS custom, just for somebody else, not you/the buyer. and isn't 'keirin' on a non-njs frame kinda like wc stripes on, say, a pacific?

#5 ·
Children, let us not forget the children! The bike is for charity to raise money for underprivileged children to learn bike racing instead of the things that land people in jail.
To clear things up: It's not spamming if it's for a good cause! The Dick Lane Velodrome in Atlanta holds keirin races just like in Japan (too bad there's no open betting!) which inspired the paintjob by the artist Quenton Colby. Bikes raced in the keirin in the USA do not have to be NJS certified. Bid up a storm, win the bike and race it in the keirin next year at the Dick Lane Velodrome!

#8 ·
fastseth said:
Children, let us not forget the children! The bike is for charity to raise money for underprivileged children to learn bike racing instead of the things that land people in jail.
To clear things up: It's not spamming if it's for a good cause! The Dick Lane Velodrome in Atlanta holds keirin races just like in Japan (too bad there's no open betting!) which inspired the paintjob by the artist Quenton Colby. Bikes raced in the keirin in the USA do not have to be NJS certified. Bid up a storm, win the bike and race it in the keirin next year at the Dick Lane Velodrome!

children??? yeah, that's gonna get bids...
I am seeing visions of the green cannondale...

#9 ·
FatTireFred said:
children??? yeah, that's gonna get bids...
I am seeing visions of the green cannondale...
Wow. This argument is done. This is the closer of this century I assure you when it comes down to bad SS/Fixed gears.

#12 ·
fastseth said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250498677786 here's a link that should work, sorry about that. should i be glad i don't know about the green cannondale? you guys have to see the paint on the Snyder to truly appreciate the brush strokes, but there are some pretty good photos at snydercycles.com

brush strokes?! well maybe it is the most unique track frame ever...

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.