RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009

Seen on eBay: SWEET custom track frame

This is the most unique track frame EVER and ALL of the money goes to benefit the Dick Lane Velodrome in Atlanta, GA. Auction is here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...g#ht_500wt_975

duh...
    what's so unique about it?

Quote Originally Posted by mikagsd
    Fat tire Fred....you are the bike god of the universe and unless someone agrees with your reasoning they are just plain stupid

Yo no fui.
    Quote Originally Posted by FatTireFred
    It has a uniquely unattractive paint job?
    "It is better to conquer yourself, than to win a thousand battles." -Dhammapada

"Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

"A true cyclist sometimes has to bite the dust before he can reach the stars. Laurent Fignon

duh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    It has a uniquely unattractive paint job?

here's what he spammed on bf.net (as 'slowseth', but prob the same dude):

"don't be jealous of the flames, just put your money up for a good cause! the dice are for the gamble the keirin rider takes, the seat tube says "keirin" in japanese, and you got the keirin dude on the headtube. this bike was hand brushed and then cleared, good luck finding anything as unique! it IS custom, because there is not a stock model of this bike."

ok so it IS custom, just for somebody else, not you/the buyer. and isn't 'keirin' on a non-njs frame kinda like wc stripes on, say, a pacific?

Fat tire Fred....you are the bike god of the universe and unless someone agrees with your reasoning they are just plain stupid

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Children, let us not forget the children! The bike is for charity to raise money for underprivileged children to learn bike racing instead of the things that land people in jail.
    To clear things up: It's not spamming if it's for a good cause! The Dick Lane Velodrome in Atlanta holds keirin races just like in Japan (too bad there's no open betting!) which inspired the paintjob by the artist Quenton Colby. Bikes raced in the keirin in the USA do not have to be NJS certified. Bid up a storm, win the bike and race it in the keirin next year at the Dick Lane Velodrome!

Baltic Scum
    Uniquely, the ebay link is not responding for me.
    Was juckt es die stolze Eiche, wenn sich ein Schwein an ihr kratzt?

RoadBikeReview Member
    dead link isn't that unique! try this.http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Snyder-Cy...d=p3286.c0.m14
    Edit Signature here---------->

duh...
    Quote Originally Posted by fastseth
    Children, let us not forget the children! The bike is for charity to raise money for underprivileged children to learn bike racing instead of the things that land people in jail.
    To clear things up: It's not spamming if it's for a good cause! The Dick Lane Velodrome in Atlanta holds keirin races just like in Japan (too bad there's no open betting!) which inspired the paintjob by the artist Quenton Colby. Bikes raced in the keirin in the USA do not have to be NJS certified. Bid up a storm, win the bike and race it in the keirin next year at the Dick Lane Velodrome!

children??? yeah, that's gonna get bids...
    I am seeing visions of the green cannondale...

Carbon Fiber = Explode!
    children??? yeah, that's gonna get bids...
    I am seeing visions of the green cannondale...
    Wow. This argument is done. This is the closer of this century I assure you when it comes down to bad SS/Fixed gears.
    '09 Voodoo Wazoo
    '08 Pedal Force RS2
    '06 Raleigh Cadent 5.0
    '01 Trek 4300 MTB
    '93 Norco Nitro MTB Touring
    '88 Schwinn Prelude Fixie
    1 hour of running = 1 hour of wasted time when you could have been riding. - Alaska Mike

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250498677786 here's a link that should work, sorry about that. should i be glad i don't know about the green cannondale? you guys have to see the paint on the Snyder to truly appreciate the brush strokes, but there are some pretty good photos at snydercycles.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    "Most unique" is like "most dead"!

Either it is or it isn't.
    Anyone who believes there are no stupid questions never worked in a bike shop.

duh...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250498677786 here's a link that should work, sorry about that. should i be glad i don't know about the green cannondale? you guys have to see the paint on the Snyder to truly appreciate the brush strokes, but there are some pretty good photos at snydercycles.com

brush strokes?! well maybe it is the most unique track frame ever...

RoadBikeReview Member
    should i be glad i don't know about the green cannondale?
    Be very glad.......Ahhhh! Too late it's here........Run, Run I say, Ruunnn!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Seen on eBay: SWEET custom track frame-img_0227.jpg  
    Edit Signature here---------->

Shagybalzak
    Jan 2007

Yo no fui.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shagybalzak
    $100 shipping doesn't seem so bad on an $8,000 purchase price.
    "It is better to conquer yourself, than to win a thousand battles." -Dhammapada

"Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

"A true cyclist sometimes has to bite the dust before he can reach the stars. Laurent Fignon

RoadBikeReview Member
    $500 with 1 bid!

Better than i thought it would have got.

Also, I don't they usually use the Kanji 競輪, not the katakana ケイリン?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Tough crowd!
    Waxahachie, Texas
    Biciclette Gios

"She loves to limbo. That much is clear. She's got the right dynamic for the New Frontier"