Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Some people have reported being pleased with Bontrager's and Specialized tubeless stuff. Giant has also invested some serious resources into their tubeless wheels and tires, but I have heard mixed reviews. They're probably still worth checking out though. I haven't really tried any of them other than on a brief test ride, so I can't really confirm how good they are.

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/e...-tires/c/E208/

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/eq...Tubeless&text=

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/tires
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've actually had great luck with the Specialized Roubaix 30/32 on my cross bike, which I used for a 106mi ride that had about 13mi of gravel climbing. They're kinda heavy, though, since they're more like a Maxxis Re-Fuse with a slick center tread.
    --Dave

2017 Fuji SL Disc 1.1
    2015 Fuji Cross 3.0 LE
    2015 GT Sensor Comp
    2017 Salsa Beargrease NX

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by noodlesatf View Post
    I've actually had great luck with the Specialized Roubaix 30/32 on my cross bike, which I used for a 106mi ride that had about 13mi of gravel climbing. They're kinda heavy, though, since they're more like a Maxxis Re-Fuse with a slick center tread.
    It looks like Panaracer has a new tubeless road tire, but it looks like 25mm is the widest size unfortunately.

https://www.panaracer.com/lineup/road.html

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    I took the bike out for a brief maiden voyage today and I really like it. It performs as advertised and is really great value in my opinion. I can't wait to take it on a long ride next weekend.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    More riding and some photos. I am pretty satisfied with the fit at this point. In all honesty, I am extremely pleased with most aspects of the bike. The frame is pretty incredible. The Ultegra groupset is more than enough, really good actually. The only thing I will likely change is wheels and a move to tubeless tires and possibly a saddle. I have settled on the new Bontrager wheels once I save up the dough and will pair them with 28mm Schwalbe Pro Ones I think. Anyway, if one of these is on your short list, I give it two thumbs up and still encourage you to test it.

I can't post pics from my computer for some reason. It can locate the file and select it, but then there's no button to add it to the post?!?! Just imagine awesomeness, lol.
    Last edited by Rashadabd; 2 Days Ago at 11:51 AM.

JSR
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    Interesting coincidence, a guy a ride with has that tire/wheel setup on his Domane. He had a flat the other day. He just pumped it up and continued to ride.

We had been on particularly nasty old forest road, autumn’s leaves hiding the potholes. He suspected the tire “burped” upon hitting a hole.

Anyway, I’m looking forward ro seeing the pics whenever you figure out the magic.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JSR View Post
    Interesting coincidence, a guy a ride with has that tire/wheel setup on his Domane. He had a flat the other day. He just pumped it up and continued to ride.

We had been on particularly nasty old forest road, autumn’s leaves hiding the potholes. He suspected the tire “burped” upon hitting a hole.

Anyway, I’m looking forward ro seeing the pics whenever you figure out the magic.
    Cool, I've had a really good experience with those tires on my Ridley. I am extremely baffled by this pic thing man. I have tried every way I can to load the pics on this site, but nothing seems to work. It looks like I might be able to do it if I post the pictures elsewhere first and then copy the URL. Other than that, I have no idea what they changed, but I can't seem to post pictures directly from a computer anymore. So weird...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    2017 Fuji SL Disc-new-fuji-1.jpg

2017 Fuji SL Disc-new-fuji-2.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Finally got it worked out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12