Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Fuji Altamira

68K views 70 replies 29 participants last post by  OldSkoolFatGuy 
#1 ·
I live in WA and my local Performance dealers do not carry the Altamira. I just love the look of this frameset. Does anyone know how much it costs and if it can be mail ordered?

#3 · (Edited)
i know, i am looking at the team replica myself....although debating whether to make the financial jump from the c4 carbon replica/2.0 with ultegra to d6 carbon LTD/1.0 with dura ace.

The frameset pictured is the same as the 1.0/LTD, with high end d6 carbon. My friend had a 3.0 Altamira, and cracked the chainstay (he's a powerhouse sprinter).. Fuji sent him a replacement frame, which turned out to be the exact one pictured above: d6 carbon matte black, aka: "murdered out"....looks incredible in person.

He said that it is a huge jump over the c4 carbon and rides velvety smooth

$2949 for the altamira d6 carbon frameset.....(team replica altamira -complete bike- w/ c4 carbon : $2899)

both bikes can be found at fujibikes . com my profile here won't let me post links yet

#5 ·
I'm currently riding the team replica and I love it! I rode it at dealercamp in Park City UT and wasn't super impressed but as I have spent more time on it I have really loved it. I think you would be happy with the replica.
The black on black frameset is also super awesome. I'm getting a SL black on black tomorrow into the shop but I've seen the Altamira black on black and it's sweet too.

#13 ·
Hi Altamira47,

Actually I was asking AnthonyL88 since he showed a photo of his bike just previous to my comment. But since you chimed in, that's great to hear u love it. Do you have any photos of it posted here in this thread? Also when you measure the seat tube from center of bb to top of seat clamp is it really 47cm? That's such an odd number sizing for a seat tube length. Thanks!

#17 ·
posting photos

1. Hit post reply
2. You should see below the Message area, a bunch of icons. hit the icon that looks like a paper clip.
3. Have you ever sent an email attaching photos or files? Same idea. Hit the button that says "Browse" by an empty field. You will see another screen that shows the files in your computer. Find your file with the photo. Double click it. The document name will appear next to the browse button.
4. Hit the upload button. The screen will disappear.
5. Then hit "submit reply" or if you want to preview your post hit "preview post."
That should do it!

#18 ·
One is a drive train pic including my Rotor Q rings with that dead sexy gold KMC chain.

Then a full body shot of my beauty. One of the things I'm not crazy about is the green accents kind of fade. I think it looks awesome but that color green is my favorite so I'm also kind of sad that it faded.

The last picture is my BB triangle. I'm crazy about my Geox team waterbottles (gift from the team after the Tour of Utah). My next purchase will be the Elite bottle cages the team uses. After that I'll buy the same bar tape the team uses (regular leather tape as opposed to cork tape) Hmmm I love my bike. I'm a very big fan of the Hutchinson tires.

All in all I'm very pleased with the bike. There are a few things I am not a fan of. I wish some of the parts were a little higher level than they are. The team issue has a much nicer aluminum cockpit. Also, the seatpost and saddle combo. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this since no bike ever comes with a decent saddle...

#20 ·
awesome!

Altamira47:

Those are great photos of your bike which is supersweet--you might want to take a full side shot crankside facing us with the entire saddle showing. Is the green on the bike covered by a clearcoat? I can't imagine why it would be fading already--you couldn't have had it more than 6 months.

I wanted to ask you about the Oval wheels--what model is that? I am not that familiar with that brand. How much did your crankset cost? I'm also a bit surprised that with a 47cm frame and Ultegra components, the bike weighs 18lbs--that's a bit heavy. Must be the wheels. I also have no idea how much the frame and fork weigh--wonder if its around a 1000g for the frame alone.

Also what kind of saddle and seat post are you using. That looks a zero setback post. Keep the photos coming!

I am saving for that bike--no prices I see online but my guess is that it's running about $3500 with full Ultegra--the Fuji website says that's a 105 cassette whch is a bummer.

#21 ·
I will try to get the picture tomorrow. It is covered by the clearcoat, and I don't really know why it's fading. I'll try to get a picture of that too. It looks really cool how it fades, but again that lime green is my favorite so it made me sad. I've had it for a few months now.
The bike comes with the Rotor crankset but it comes with round rings. I picked up the Rotor Q rings at Interbike for $100. I am not sure what retail is for a Rotor crank with Q rings though...
The Oval wheelset is the Oval 330. The bike is a bit heavy and I do feel like that is due to the wheels mainly. I could try and get some weights for you, both Fuji's listed weight and also my real weight.
I've been running a carbon RaceFace seatpost with a Selle Italia Flite saddle and I just switched to a Ritchey Streem Pro saddle.
The MSRP on this bike is $2899 I believe, or something just below $3000.

#26 ·
What is your saddle height from center of bb to top of saddle?

I don't know if your question about wheel choice was directed at me, but if you my want my opinion, I'd take the Ksyrium SL's anyday, or if wanted to spend an extra $200, the Ksyrium SR. I have the SL's and they are bomb proof, light, and overall a good wheel choice for riding and racing. I don't race anymore, but they are very reliable no matter what happens (short of a major crash).

#30 · (Edited)
Altamira 2.0 review

I though I'd share some thoughts and photos on my Fuji Altamira 2.0 because there isn't much online:

I'll start with my complaints, wheels and brakes. The wheels are decent but not worthy of this price point. I'd be expecting sealed cartridge bearings and lighter weight. (They're pretty heavy on the rims). I'll be replacing them with Mavics soon. The breaks are also inadequate because they just don't have as much stopping power as many name-brand breaks like FSA Energy, Shimano 105, or the like. One of the arms will move a little when there's enough force on them. The other Oval components are nice though, even though I've replaced them already. And of course Ultegra is just fine as well, I just prefer SRAM and Ritchey.

Now the pros of the bike. The frame is amazing! It's incredibly light, rides so smooth with the thin stays, and it's certainly stiff where it needs to be. I can be using it on the trainer or being out of the saddle up a hill and I don't notice any movement. The geometry is a little different than many would think this bike is designed for. It's like half way between a crit racer and a 'plush' bike. Tracks well in a corner with confidence but I woulnd't call it 'snappy'. The positioning is what I would call average as well. Not upright of course but it's no super drop with low stack and far reach.

If you want a new bike that's ready for a race out the door, it's not this one. Certain things are worthy of an upgrade as soon as you purchase it. But the elements that are worthy, they are great. (Even though I've replaced a lot of the worth things before the un-worthy :thumbsup:)

#32 ·
Loving the Altarmira folks!! I just picked mine up on Friday with the matt black D6 paint job. I stripped down the Super Record Titanium groupset and Ritchey WCS carbon controls off my Project Black S-Works to build it up. Along with that I also have a set of Reynolds 66s and Neutron Ultra wheels. I borrowed a Oval concepts Alloy 31.6 seat post from the bike shop as I am waiting for a Ritchey Superlogic seat post to come.

Saturday morning I got 86kms ( short for me but been a long week) in but took it to some decent hills in Southern Tasmania to put it through some test climbs. The differnce between the two are minor..If you look at the spec sheets you will se a difference in head tube length and swings and round abouts for the top tube.

Both react in a sprint as well as each other, the Altamira with the longer head tube climbs just that little bit better and weights a little less, but the SL3 corners a little tighter. Also a big plus is that the Fuji is over $1000 cheaper for the frame set. Dont get me wrong about the S-Works though because they are a very nice bike but the Fuji is just as nice. With this bike I wanted something a bit more relaxed and dont like the look of the S-Works Roubaix....I pretty sure that I found that frame.

I really dig the matt colour with gloss graphics and with black carbon deep dished hoops it really looks the business and will try and get some pictures up soon.

#34 ·
They sure are, follow the link to find a dealer:

Fuji Bikes Australia

I got mine from The Bike Shop in Moonah (Hobart) at a real pretty price for the frame set.. Also Mick the owner is champion dude that goes above and beyond with service....even had a cold beer in the fridge for me :thumbsup:

I first saw his team replica that had the Rotor cranks, Ultegra, and low end Oval wheels, bar, stem, and seat post..I wanted one straight away until I saw the D6 matt black...it was love!!

#38 ·
I agree with you, the Fuji Altamira Team Replica was nice, but I wasn't overly impressed with the ride. After riding on the Team Replica a couple of times, I liked the ride a little more. I can't say anything about the Fuji SST 1.0 Ltd frame, because I didn't get it back from my LBS. I'm still waiting on the new Sram Red Group to be available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.