Wheels: ENVE 45 custom-built with DT Swiss 180 ceramic bearings
    Handlebar: ENVE compact 42cm
    Stem: ENVE 100mm
    Seatpost: ENVE zero offset 31.6mm
    Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow
    Groupset: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
    Crankset: Rotor 130BCD with 53/39 QRings
    Pedals: Speedplay Zero Stainless Steel

Bike was built by my mentor Ed Gabon and most upgraded components were bought from Two Hubs Boutique in Foothill Ranch CA. Check out their website: twohubs.com and you will have a blast.

Thanks for your time and enjoy the ride!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fuji Altamira fans out there?-image.jpg  
    Last edited by cyclingBuddy; 12-03-2013 at 10:06 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2013
    My 2012 Altamira has been a great bike. My first road bike and I have done everything from night time Urban rides to a century ride and it's been comfortable, fast and a solid bike. It's a custom build, Altamira SE frame set with a combination of 105/Ultegra drivetrain, FSA crank and Oval 330 wheels.
    I am at about 1800 miles, replaced the stock tires with Michelin Pro 4 Endurance and that's about it. My LBS has made a few adjustments and a slight truing of the front wheel, but other than that, I just ride it and wash it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fuji Altamira fans out there?-in7p0936.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Happen to be in the market for one ("upgrading" from Grand Fondo). Can I ask how tall you guys are & what size your ride?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013
    Mr645: thanks for sharing your experience on your Altamira. In my opinion, it's an excellent bike. That's why i decided to customize mine after riding it almost 1000 miles stock. Great handling, great for climbing and not bad on sprints too by the way, i like your BoB frame... i wish i had that. Lol

Porfirio: i am 5' 11" and about 176 lbs. I ride a M/L frame. It's manufacturer's size is 53 but it's effective size is a 56cm. I had to switch to a zero offset seatpost (the stock came with an offset of 25mm) and changed my stem from 120mm to 100mm. It rides excellent now. Anyway, if you decide to go with the Altamira from the Gran Fondo, it will be a more aggressive frame and i hope you will like it as much as i love my Altamira.

Idgitman
    Nov 2013
    I agree with cyclingBuddy the frame does ride larger that the stated size, perhaps itís the long top tube. I tried to ride the M/L and it felt like the bike was riding me...LOL

I'm 5'8 and against my manly ego, sized down to the M 50cm, it still was ill set setup for me, I have an avg torso, arm/leg proportions. Even though itís a 50cm the stock build, still didnít leave me feeling in control; well, thatís compared to my 2010 52cm Fuji Cross Pro.

But Iím happy to announce that that after nearly rebuilding the bike Iím in heaven. Iíll post pics, details, and explain when I get a chance.

Thanks for creating the forum CyclingBuddy,
    -Idgit

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2013
    I am 5'7" and tried several 52cm bikes that fit well from the hips to the toes, but felt cramped from the hips to the fingers. The Altamira with the longer reach, size S/M fit me perfect right out of the box. After 6 months and 1800+ miles I may change the step from a 100mm to a 90. But overall the longer reach has been perfect for me.

I ended up with the frame because the bike frame was damaged in shipping to the store, it was an Altamira 3.0 with a Red and black frame. The stock frame was on back order so Fuji sent an Altamira SE frame set as a replacement. The black on black was only sold as a frame set and is the same frame as the Altamira 1.0 and Team Geox Frameset, just with different paint.

Idgitman
    Nov 2013
    In terms of fit, I've change to a 90mm 0 rise in the stem and a 0 setback seatpost.
    As soon as I get the right bearing, I'll also be changing ton 170mm cranks.

And man... That murdered out frame is wicked, I like the black one white too, and with those envy wheels... Sick!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013
    Im debating still on what bike should I buy next, and the altamira is a great candidate, one of the local dealers owner is my personal friend and sells me the bikes at cost. so more than likely I will be riding a fuji with full campy very soon.

Idgitman
    Nov 2013
    Nice. Never used Campy before, but I hear it's top notch stuff. Just be sure to test ride the actual frame. Its best if you can ride first. I went thru 7bikes at performance, a combo of diff sizes and SST, Altamira, and one Fondo for kicks.

Also be carful to make sure if you change cranks they will fit. I am chaging to a bb386evo crankset. I was under the impression that press fit 86 and bb386 were the same, close, but not the same. 386 evo will not fit without special bearings that appearently only Enduro makes for Rotor. Press fit 30 bottom brackets will not work. Fsa has a bb386 to bb86 adapter bb, but it only will work with the 2014 bb386evo cranksets, not the 2012/13 kforce lights as i have. So you either have to stick with the 24mm spindle based cranks or new fsa or Rotor who was a special bottem bracket made by enduro (bb4130, aka 41mm bore 30mm spindle), bb386 is either 44 or 46mm bore

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by idgitman View Post
    In terms of fit, I've change to a 90mm 0 rise in the stem and a 0 setback seatpost.
    As soon as I get the right bearing, I'll also be changing ton 170mm cranks.

And man... That murdered out frame is wicked, I like the black one white too, and with those envy wheels... Sick!

Idgitman, thank you very much. I'm happy you like the set up. I am crazy about ENVE Composites and it well matched the color of my frame (I actually think ENVE matches with anything... Lol) so I went all out ENVE. It looks very clean. My friend and mentor who built the bike keeps on telling me my bike looks like a $10K bike even if it's not. Lol.

I agree on your advice to ride the bike before buying one. I also got my bike off the rack from Performance but had to change everything else except the frame and BB.

I am happy that you guys are keeping this forum going... Looking foward to seeing your bike's photo soon!

Enjoy the ride

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mannymerc View Post
    Im debating still on what bike should I buy next, and the altamira is a great candidate, one of the local dealers owner is my personal friend and sells me the bikes at cost. so more than likely I will be riding a fuji with full campy very soon.
    That is cool mannymerc! Getting anything at cost is amazing... Now you can splurge on your components ;) Campy is great, especially on Italian frames... Your Fuji will look awesome with it. I wanted to go with Super Record 11 titanium groupset but the price was just too much. Maybe when I get an Italian frame years from now. But for now, the Dura Ace 9000 gruppo with Rotor QRings and crankset are the best I have ridden... I just love them. Let us know how that goes for you! Good luck!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr645 View Post
    I am 5'7" and tried several 52cm bikes that fit well from the hips to the toes, but felt cramped from the hips to the fingers. The Altamira with the longer reach, size S/M fit me perfect right out of the box. After 6 months and 1800+ miles I may change the step from a 100mm to a 90. But overall the longer reach has been perfect for me.

I ended up with the frame because the bike frame was damaged in shipping to the store, it was an Altamira 3.0 with a Red and black frame. The stock frame was on back order so Fuji sent an Altamira SE frame set as a replacement. The black on black was only sold as a frame set and is the same frame as the Altamira 1.0 and Team Geox Frameset, just with different paint.

Mr645, i envy you even more. That BoB frame is amazing. I saw one built bike on the rack months after I bought mine and drooled over it. Lol. You're right, only Altamira 1.0's come in BoB. If my memory serves me right, the 1.0 is stiffer and a little lighter than 2.0's and beyond. So that's a steal for your money. I wish my frame came in damaged too they would replace it as well... JK ;)

Idgitman
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclingBuddy View Post
    I am happy that you guys are keeping this forum going... Looking foward to seeing your bike's photo soon!

Enjoy the ride
    NP, There isn't , well at least I couldn't find it when I was doing research on the Altamira too may forums dedicated to just the Altamira, and more importantly the store versions. So I really appreciate a forum where the participants bike has a level of components that I can understand and afford if I wanted to try.

Apparently, my pics are too high a resolution, here's a screen grab from a Century I did at the end of the summer the weekend after I picked up my Altamira.

Fuji Altamira fans out there?-img_20130909_072910.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013
    NP, There isn't , well at least I couldn't find it when I was doing research on the Altamira too may forums dedicated to just the Altamira, and more importantly the store versions. So I really appreciate a forum where the participants bike has a level of components that I can understand and afford if I wanted to try.

Apparently, my pics are too high a resolution, here's a screen grab from a Century I did at the end of the summer the weekend after I picked up my Altamira.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130909_072910.jpg 
Views:	5484 
Size:	145.7 KB 
ID:	289439
    Looking good in that Altamira idgitman! Thanks for posting your photo. That is a cool set up you have there! How do you like your aero Cosmics? I am actually looking for a new wheelset for my wife's bike and the Mavics crossed my mind too... I want to get her a good one as she said she will get my beloved ENVEs if i don't find her a good set! Lol

Anyway, I agree on what you said about the lack of forums on the Altamira... Hopefully we will be able to help other guys looking to know more about Fuji bikes.

Idgitman
    Nov 2013
    The Cosmics are a good wheel set for the $$ if you want Aero with a moderate depth. The only cautions for her, would be crosswinds if that's a factor in your local. The only other to heads up and this is pure preference.

1. the weight is is heavier at the rim, because of the carbon fairing. So, they are not a great sprinting wheel, because it takes some effort to get them up to speed, but once they are...

2. They do produce some white noise, I always think and quiet luxury car is on my wheel...LOL. You can def hear them slicing through the wind.

3. They are not the lightest wheelset, if weight is a factor, I think the com in a 1750g+\-

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    I have joined the Altamira club! Having experience w/a Grand Fondo, the Altamira rides really low but it feels far more lively than the GF. As a triathlete, I think riding lower has the benefit of buliding core strength (compare a tri bike fit where your upper body just lays around). At 5'9, the 55 ("large") seem to be the best fit.

I got the 2.0 LE which comes w/the 527 wheel set. These, which I will keep as my everyday wheels, are lighter than the 300's I used w/the GF. seem more stiff but I'm sure the frame is "contributing"

Can't wait until tomorrow morning (6am!) for my first real ride!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Hope this thread isn't dead...

First ride on the Altamira this morning. Made it into work in 40 minutes over a 12 hilly-mile route that I always take. Came in 5 minutes faster than my usual time. Gotta be the bike (along w/my enthusiasm I'm sure)!

Idgitman
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by porfirio View Post

First ride on the Altamira this morning. Made it into work in 40 minutes over a 12 hilly-mile route that I always take. Came in 5 minutes faster than my usual time. Gotta be the bike (along w/my enthusiasm I'm sure)!
    Nice and Congrats I'm missing my Altamira, I put it up for the winter for completion of upgrades, wrapped my new 3T Ltd Bars this weekend with Fizik performance tape, who a pain, the padding makes it difficult to work with.

I rode my Fuji Cross pro on a 25mi training route that I do on Sundays, don't laugh at the 25mi, it has 1200ft climbing gain... LOL
    I normally do it 7-10 faster on the Altamira. So Yep, part excitement and mostly Bike :-) .

Idgitman
    Nov 2013

My Altamira - 2013 2.0 LE

Alright, I have a few minutes on my hands and re-sized a couple of pics.

Details on my Altamira:

2013 2.0 LE (Performance Limited Edition)
    - C5 Carbon Frame
    - Ultegra Shift/Brake Levers
    - Ultegra Front/Rear derailleurs

Well, That's what's left of the original bike, Now for the...

Upgrades:
    - 2013 Mavic Cosmic Carbone Sl wheelset
    - Michelin Pro 4 endurance tires
    - Ultegra 11-28 cassete
    - 3T Carbon LTD 44cm ergonova bars
    - Fizik Proformance Tacky black bar tape
    - 3T iconic 0 Seat post (Stealth black)
    - 3T Team 90mm stem (Stealth black)
    - Fizik R3 Arione Team Sky edition (Stealth Black on Black)
    - FSA K-Force Light brake set
    - FSA K-Force Light BB386evo 170mm crankset
    - Enduro BB4130 Bottom bracket
    - Time Xpresso 8 carbon pedals
    - Bontragger Carbon RXL bottle cages

The cranks aren't installed yet, waiting to get the correct loctite for the Bottom bracket and then have the bottom bracket pressed in, may get it done this weekend.

I just wrapped the bars this past weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by idgitman; 12-09-2013 at 07:30 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013
    The Cosmics are a good wheel set for the $$ if you want Aero with a moderate depth. The only cautions for her, would be crosswinds if that's a factor in your local. The only other to heads up and this is pure preference.

1. the weight is is heavier at the rim, because of the carbon fairing. So, they are not a great sprinting wheel, because it takes some effort to get them up to speed, but once they are...

2. They do produce some white noise, I always think and quiet luxury car is on my wheel...LOL. You can def hear them slicing through the wind.

3. They are not the lightest wheelset, if weight is a factor, I think the com in a 1750g+\-
    Thanks for your detailed input on the Cosmics idgitman! I appreciate it. I don't think my wife will go for this since weight is her #1 priority at this point... I would go for this wheelset though ;)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013

Congrats on making a great decision porfirio! Welcome to the proud Altamira owners club! Lol

This thread is not dead yet. I just wasn't able to check it for a few days as the schedule has been hectic. Anyway, i'm glad idgitman has been actively posting... Much appreciated.

I'm glad you enjoy your bike... Keep riding and you will shave more than 5 minutes off your time...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013
    Thanks for sharing the upgrades on your Altamira idgitman! Awesome! It looks sicker! Well-thought and nicely blended into your frame! If you guys lived in SoCal, we could all ride together... Go Team Fuji! Altamira is IT!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    I was able to do a 22 rolling hill-miler this morning on my commute. Now I know for certain that the Altamira has a superior ride quality over the Grand Fondo. Interestingly, no sore back & I in fact feel less beat-up. I reckon it may have something to do w/the bike's overall efficiency... this is code for... THE BIKE IS FAST & SO MUCH FUN TO RIDE!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013
    I was able to do a 22 rolling hill-miler this morning on my commute. Now I know for certain that the Altamira has a superior ride quality over the Grand Fondo. Interestingly, no sore back & I in fact feel less beat-up. I reckon it may have something to do w/the bike's overall efficiency... this is code for... THE BIKE IS FAST & SO MUCH FUN TO RIDE!
    LOL! Cool! I have always thought of the Gran Fondo being a better ride as it has a longer head tube; so you are in a more upright riding position. And for that reason alone, I am happy I got the Altamira because I like to ride a bit more aggresively. Not as aggressive as having the SST as I like to do a lot of hills when I ride.

Thanks for pointing that out porfirio. Must be one of the reasons why the Altamira is Fuji's "flagship" and top bike, huh? ;)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclingBuddy View Post
    LOL! Cool! I have always thought of the Gran Fondo being a better ride as it has a longer head tube; so you are in a more upright riding position. And for that reason alone, I am happy I got the Altamira because I like to ride a bit more aggresively. Not as aggressive as having the SST as I like to do a lot of hills when I ride.

Thanks for pointing that out porfirio. Must be one of the reasons why the Altamira is Fuji's "flagship" and top bike, huh? ;)
    Flagship for sure. I still wonder (haven't found anything on line) why there's no internal cable routing. I know the cross versions have it, but not the regular roadies. Could it be that they don't want to compromise shifting? It is a little annoying that the cables are exposed.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast