Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Problem w/ 2015 Fuji Transonic 2.3

12K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  Mengtian 
#1 ·
Fuji Transonic 2.3 Road Bike - 2015

Just purchased this bike for a great price from Performance Bike. This bike is primarily Shimano 6800 Ultegra, except for Oval Concepts 720, hollow forged 6066 arms, 52/36T crankset. Bike size 42.
My problem is that the chain is rubbing against the inside of the large chain ring when in the two smallest cogs, 2x10 road bike.
help on a fuji transonic - Pinkbike Forum

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there anyway to fix this? Change BB and shimming behind the bottom bracket on the drive side? Change crankset?

Also the front derailluer isn't shifting that smoothly, but Fuji is supposedly working out a fix.
Need advice on new road bike (Fuji Transonic vs. Gran Fondo)

#2 ·
I experience the chain rubbing against the front derraileur cage when in the big chainring and the 2nd & 3rd largest cogs. Sometimes the trim helps, sometimes it doesn't.

It's very frustrating to be having these problems with the front derraileur. It's function should be simple. You would think that the bike manufacturers would have it down to a science.

#3 ·
My problem is that the chain is rubbing against the inside of the large chain ring when in the two smallest cogs
Meaning you are cross-chained, which is not something to make a habit of. Some rubbing when extreme cross-chained is common. Don't do it.

#5 ·
try again

chain is rubbing against the inside of the large chain ring

#7 ·
Yes, my bad. So I had never ridden in the small chainring - smallest cog combination with my transonic, so I tried it on todays ride. I didn't notice the chain rubbing against the large chainriong, but it was rubbing against the cage. Size 56 frame.

#6 ·
Talked to Performance today, they have a fix to adjust the front derailleur line to increase the angle and improve shifting performance. As far as cross-chain line and rubbing, I guess I will just have to live with it and look for other gear ratios on larger chain ring.

Thanks, everyone for you input and your responses.

#8 ·
I think setup is hit or miss with Performance, my friend picked up a Sportif that was supposed to be setup. We got it home and I checked it out. The front derailleur we twisted and it rubbed on basically all cassette gears. The tires had ~40 lbs in them. I needed to fully set up the bike, then it was fine...... Go figure

#9 ·
#10 ·
Another problem I have with the Transonic 2.3, maybe more of an annoyance than a problem, is that I don't care for the placement of the in-line shift cable adjusters. They have them placed in front of the head tube where all of the cables cross each other, and where you can't see them from the saddle. If you want to make an adjustment on the fly, you have to reach over the handlebars and feel around to figure out which is front and which is rear, and then contort your hand to try and blindly turn the damn things. It would have been much better and more intuitive to locate the adjusters right where the cables emerge from under the bar tape.

#11 ·
I guess that is personal preference. Mine are about an inch apart. One on the right rear and one on the left is Front. I can feel both at the same time so there is no way I can get them confused.

Aside from the inline shift adjusters and the othe issue....are you happy wiith yours? I have only put in 100 miles so far this week with mine and I have not seen any fault yet. I am doing a 60 mile ride in the morning....see how that goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.