Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

09 Cannondale SuperSix Specialized Sl2 Trek Madone 6.9

Sup Fellas,

My Son and I was talking on the way to the restaurant and we got into discussions regarding the three bikes.

I promised him I would post a thread and get everyones opinion as to which is the best bike. So if you are an owner of anyone of the bikes mentioned. Can I get your opinion what gives yours an edge over the other bikes..

And please feel free to show off that bike and post pics

Thanks in Advance

Its How I Roll

MidwestPlaya

Ride Em hard.
    Last edited by Midwest Playa; 09-05-2009 at 08:29 PM. Reason: The year of the bikes

Carbon Fiber = Explode!
    I heard Treks were good bikes. Especially those 6.9 that the Lances rides.
    '09 Voodoo Wazoo
    '08 Pedal Force RS2
    '06 Raleigh Cadent 5.0
    '01 Trek 4300 MTB
    '93 Norco Nitro MTB Touring
    '88 Schwinn Prelude Fixie
    1 hour of running = 1 hour of wasted time when you could have been riding. - Alaska Mike

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Playa
    Sup Fellas,

My Son and I was talking on the way to the restaurant and we got into discussions regarding the three bikes.

I promised him I would post a thread and get everyones opinion as to which is the best bike. So if you are an owner of anyone of the bikes mentioned. Can I get your opinion what gives yours an edge over the other bikes..

And please feel free to show off that bike and post pics

Thanks in Advance

Its How I Roll

MidwestPlaya

Ride Em hard.

I posted some Pics of the Awesome Bikes
    Last edited by Midwest Playa; 03-15-2012 at 11:08 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    They are all good bikes. The best one is the on that fits best.

Höchstgeschwindigkeit
    Sup Fellas,
    Thanks in Advance

....of the three I liked the Specialized best. Honestly you cannot go wrong and get ready for the go custom posts.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I like all three of those premium bikes.

All three just as they present there, I would take the Cannondale

I ride Cervelos so I am of no use.

Rub it............
    I personally like the Spec. Something about that nice sweeping top tube.

BUT, I've ridden a Madone and it was very nice. Just a little too nice for my checkbook.

AM999's Liberal Facist
    Kids and their plastic toys...
    Man. You are all stuped.
    ~RUFUSPHOTO

RoadBikeReview Member
    Why just those three? They're alright bikes, but there's lots and lots of other great bikes out there, some of them arguably better bikes than any of those three. So, what's the point?

For what it's worth, I wouldn't buy any of them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Pass, pass and.............pass.

I am sure that one is just as awesome as the next.

Not a rocket surgeon.
    Nov 2008
    None. I dont like billboards.

Which one comes apart the fastest for a paintjob?

Hi
    I promised him I would post a thread and get everyones opinion as to which is the best bike. So if you are an owner of anyone of the bikes mentioned. Can I get your opinion what gives yours an edge over the other bikes

IMO the last "bike" that had a substantive advantage over other publicly available bikes was the Kestrel EMS200.

The three you're looking at may be biased towards different applications and body types, but it would be a stretch to call one truely better than the others.

In my experience - (i've ridden some variant of each but don't own any)

Trek - Best overall compromise of handling and stiffnes. Works well across the size range and for a variety of riders. It's not a crit bike or a great sprint frame, but is very composed at speeds and may be the best distance ride for the average rider.

Cannondale - The Hi-mod version is a step forward in handling and feel. The dale is still a stiffness-above-all frame in most sizes IMO. The overall handling is now at least competitive with other high-end carbon frames. Previous versions were not as confidance inspiring at speed and lacked a unified feel, mostly in the front end. Somewhat opposite the Trek, it's very good at sprinting, pedal mashing, and crit racing.

Spec - A climber's bike that works best in smaller sizes. Above 56, high speed handling is on the quick/nervous side. It's also a fairly comfortable ride. They're all over the pro ranks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    Nice choices, gotta ride all of them to see which feels better. If I had to choose, I'd take the Cannondale since I have one. Love the BB30/Hollowgram crank duo. I didn't ride the Trek but I did demo the Specialized. They both rode well but I have more conservative tastes in frames so went with the 'dale. My friend likes his Specialized and the Trek's are great, too.

K

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A from Il
    None. I dont like billboards.

Which one comes apart the fastest for a paintjob?
    I read this post as "I'm too superior for mass market bikes. I also slowly ride my fixie/steel/vintage bike around town while drinking imported coffee."

Can't go wrong with any of the three bikes posted bro. I'm partial to Scott but I would roll around on any one of them.
    Stand, you've been sitting much too long
    There's a permanent crease in your right and wrong

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks ICS

I personally like my 09 Cannondale Hi Mod SuperSix over my 86 Specialized Gerolseiner S works Tarmac, Now is that a Fair Comparison?? I will say no because my Tarmac is outdated in comparison to the 09 Cannondale Super Six. The BB30 in the Super Six is just Awesome with the Hollowgram Ceramic bearing cranks. The Headset, the massive down tube and the thin seat stays just makes it more superior. Night and day, The only thing I can say that they are similar is the comfort level. In as much as the Cannodale is stiffer and more responsive the ride is phenominal I just got back from a 65 miles ride and I am ready to go again , in fact tomorrow is the Century ride and I cant wait.

And going back to why this Thread was initiated, my Son was asking me why I did not get the Madone instead because he like's Lance Armstrong lol. I told him nothing wrong with the Madone its just that over here in Kansas, if you are not riding a Specialized you are riding a Madone and I wanted to go outside the trend.So far I have not seen a Super Six Owner and I kind of like that.lol Part of it is because the Local Bike Shop over here are really pushing the two Brands My Son still insisted that the Madone was far Superior so I told him lets put a thread out there and get the forums opinion.

Again everyone has their 2 cents to throw in the pot but for me personally I am kind of curious if the Madone is in fact a better bike, It does not mean I will buy one lol

Anyways thanks for all the response so far and Bryan(Son) is reading the feedbacks as well.lol

Its how I Roll

MidwestPlaya

Carbon Fiber = Explode!
    ^^^ I can't believe you switched out wheelsets to take pictures!
    '09 Voodoo Wazoo
    '08 Pedal Force RS2
    '06 Raleigh Cadent 5.0
    '01 Trek 4300 MTB
    1 hour of running = 1 hour of wasted time when you could have been riding. - Alaska Mike

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CleavesF
    Sup Cleaves

The Topic is not about switching Wheels but let me go ahead and entertain your Comment for the sake of your curiosity.

The Tarmac was my first Bike, I had the Mavics Sls on that Bike when I purchased it 8 months ago, That picture you are looking at was taken back then
    After acquiring the 09 Cannondale Super Six my intention was to utilized the Mavics SL wheels which are retrofitted w ceramic speed bearings. I had another set of Mavics Elite that were on my Red Allez, so I slapped those on the Blue tarmac and switched the wheels that was 2 weeks ago and not today like you were assuming.

The Pics that I posted were not taken the same day. The Tarmac pic is way Old 8 months ago and the Cannondale was just last week.

Oh by the Way in case you see some Reynolds Assaults which are due next week, those are also intended for my Super Six, I plan on putting them on and taking a pics and will make sure to post it so I am letting you know this in Advance.

I hope I satisified your curiosity and thanks for the keen observation.

Its How I Roll

Midwest Playa

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CleavesF

I forgot to mention in case you missed it. The Saddle was also moved to my Cannondale and its for the purpose of Picture taking. lol

I am waiting for the white one to arrive thats the only Saddle that works for me.

Its how I roll

MidwestPlaya

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sup Cleaves

The Topic is not about switching Wheels but let me go ahead and entertain your Comment for the sake of your curiosity.

The Tarmac was my first Bike, I had the Mavics Sls on that Bike when I purchased it 8 months ago, That picture you are looking at was taken back then
    After acquiring the 09 Cannondale Super Six my intention was to utilized the Mavics SL wheels which are retrofitted w ceramic speed bearings. I had another set of Mavics Elite that were on my Red Allez, so I slapped those on the Blue tarmac and switched the wheels that was 2 weeks ago and not today like you were assuming.

The Pics that I posted were not taken the same day. The Tarmac pic is way Old 8 months ago and the Cannondale was just last week.

Oh by the Way in case you see some Reynolds Assaults which are due next week, those are also intended for my Super Six, I plan on putting them on and taking a pics and will make sure to post it so I am letting you know this in Advance.

I hope I satisified your curiosity and thanks for the keen observation.

Its How I Roll

Midwest Playa

I CANT BELIEVE I MOUNTED THESE WHEELS AS SOON AS I GOT HOME TODAY

I ENDED UP MISSING DINNER

MidWestPlaya

Carbon Fiber = Explode!

MidWestPlaya
    Less food in stomach means faster speeds
    '09 Voodoo Wazoo
    '08 Pedal Force RS2
    '06 Raleigh Cadent 5.0
    '01 Trek 4300 MTB

AM999's Liberal Facist

MidWestPlaya
    You need a few more pairs of pedaling shoes.
    Man. You are all stuped.
    ~RUFUSPHOTO

ridinglikecrazy
    Jun 2009
    I just gotta go with the Cannondale. always have.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerdavid
    I just gotta go with the Cannondale. always have.

Sup Ranger D

As stated I just got the wheels last night and did not waste time in getting them mounted, How can you tell when a guy is a cycling nut? Answer I am able to scrounge up a new set of Swiss Yellow Brake pads from a friend who lives at least an hour from me, This is 930 pm. lol You know the regular pads will not work with the carbon clinchers. Anyways I took the Supa Six for a 45 miles ride today and Man O Man. Now I know why folks get Aero wheels, Fast Fast and super Fast with sustaining speed, I hit the 50 MPH barrier on a down hill with no problem. I am going to check my bibs for Poop stains.lol

I weigh 188 lbs and the Reynolds Assault took everything I had to dish with the super stiff frame and the Hollowgram Crank.

One Super Awesome Bike.
    Sorry Specialized you will have to wait in the Winter for me to spend some quality time with you right now I am strictly Cannondale.

Its how I Roll
    Midwest Playa

The Cube
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimobici
    They are all good bikes. The best one is the on that fits best.
    yeah, really. what a dream choice to make. whtever fits best, you cannot go the least bit wrong.
    K$

fu
    Personally, I'm in love wih the Madones and I would take the 6.9 in a heartbeat over the other two bikes. I recently had the opportunity to ride the 2010 SuperSix HI-MOD TEAM at my LBS and it's pretty awesome. I have not ridden a Tarmac.

With that said, it's hard to say for sure which bike is the best of the 3. They're all top notch but the Madones win where it counts so "it must be the bike".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast