I'm Gumby, Damnit!

2013 Focus Bikes

Thinking about which bike to get yourself for 2013? If you're not at least considering a Focus, do yourself a favor and do so.

I just got my 2013 Focus Izalco Pro 3.0 two days ago. I've had it out for just under 50 miles and can tell you the difference between it and my old ride (2012 Madone) is like night and day. I love it. LOOOOOVVVVVEEEE IT! Stiff, light, responsive, etc etc etc. 3.0 comes in all SRAM Force gruppo. After riding just under 50 so far, I can tell I'm hooked...and that's with the old RXLs on it. Once I slap some Zipps on it...

A group of us are doing some serious climbs today on a metric. I can't wait. If this thing glides up the major climbs like it did the nasty stingers I hit yesterday, this is going to be amazing.

That is all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Focus Bikes-400062_4710098843185_161763442_n.jpg  
    Does this saddle make my azz look fat?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011

2013 Focus Bikes

Nice ride.

My Scott Addict is similar , love the hills more now

Nice bike & a great groupset, I steered away from Zipps, instead have Dura Ace C24s CLs.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Congrats, and it sounds like you're in for a very enjoyable 2013.

I'm not quite in your league, but Saturday, I was looking at the 2012 Focus Variado 2.0 for the umteenth time, and finally hit the BUY button. Just what I need. I feel more comfortable with an aluminum frame in my price range over cheap carbon, and the 105 drivetrain was a MUST this time around.

I'm moving up from a Felt Z100, which was my road bike experiment after many miles on a Specialized Sirrus Sport. Before that I had a Haro Omega, one of the original hybrids.

Now that I checked the order status, and it shows "shipped" I'm beginning to think it's real--and that I've finally got a real FUN bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    I wasn't sold on the 2013s until I saw one in person. They are quite awesome looking! I had to say goodbye to my supremely awesome 2012 Izalco 3.0 full matte finish frame today as I found a crack near my bottle cage mounts. Focus warranty took less than a full business day to look at pictures of the crack and offer me a new frame. Sadly, the '12 3.0 was out, so I went with a '12 1.0 frame (same frames, different paint). Keep the wheels down and your head up! I am stoked to ride my new bike once it's put back together.

Velocipediologist
    quite a few FOCUS bikes showing up in my area

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    I just ordered the pro 1.0 2012. Can't wait to get it in.