RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010

2k budget for tri bike.. Nytro´s kestrel tri pack or FELT B16 2011????

I have a $2,000 budget for a tri bike (I'm a hal-marathonist...just starting to train triathlon)...so, I'm between choosing the nytro begginer package with a 2010 kestrel talon tri, wetsuit, shoes, etc.. http://www.nytro.com/index.cfm/landi...tro-exclusive/
    which seems to be really good value for the money... but I just saw the new FELT B16 2011... http://university.tri-sports.com/201...2011-felt-b16/ is 2k just for the bike..but seems pretty well equipped, and... looks smokingly hot.....(I must confess that I like the FELT more he he) so, what do you think I should choose? oh, and I've seen how important is to try them first and see which fits better, but... I live in Mexico, and a friend staying in Seattle will bring here for me... cause there are no felt/kestrel dealers in here.. ... well, thanks for the advice!!

JACOB

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    How far are you from the border? Nytro is in San Diego, so you may be able to make a big day trip out of the whole ordeal. Nytro also sells both Felt and Kestrel bikes, so you can try out both.

Honestly, you're not going to notice any huge differences when riding the bike, it's really just a matter of getting which one you think looks cooler. I think Nytro's package is a great way to get into triathlon. It's cheaper than most bikes alone and gives you everything you need to get started so you don't need to worry about buying everything individually.

If you like the Felt more, though, and are willing to pay the extra cash to get all the other stuff, then do that.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    oh thanks for your help!!... oh and yeah, and unfortunately..., i´m pretty far from san diego.. about a 2-3 hrs flight... but, yeah i think i´ll get the felt! i like it better he he...i´ll tell you later how it went!! thanks again!!

Höchstgeschwindigkeit
    Felt makes great TT bikes. If the bike fits you will be very happy and may not feel the need to upgrade framesets....just the wheels.
    Last edited by mimason; 08-07-2010 at 01:15 PM.

haole from the mainland
    I'd rather have the Felt.