Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

Virb to GoPro Mount Adapter 3D printer files.

If you have the need for a Virb to GoPro adapter and don't want to buy a whole set of mounts. You have or have access to a 3D printer. I have posted the print files for a version of the same. It uses the Virb thumbscrew and an M4 acorn nut or M4 nylon insert lock nut on the Garmin side and the standard GoPro style thumbscrew on the other.

Virb to GoPro Mount Adapter on YouMagine
    Virb to GoPro Mount Adapter on Thingiverse

Just my way of saying thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member

Special offer from Shapeways 15% off anything in Nederlandse Oranje

In honor of Their Dutch heritage, Shapeways is offering 15% off all Orange Strong & Flexible this week to celebrate King's Day. Use code KINGSDAY15 to save on anything from the marketplace through Friday May 1*.

RoadBikeReview Member

New Item: Di2 Junction 'A' Clip / 5 mm Headset Spacer Combo

This is for those of us that do not want to use any starps, ties or tape to hold on their Di2 Junction 'A' box. It is a combination of a 5 mm headset spacer and the slide on clip. This differs from other clips as it is angled 17 so the junction is mounted parallel to the ground. If you are willing to give up 5 mm of saddle to handlebar drop, this is for you. Designed to fit 1.125" (28.6 mm) fork steerer tubes.

Di2 Junction 'A' Clip / 5 mm Headset Spacer

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by WheresWaldo View Post
    Are you thinking something like this:

Attachment 304480

Not anywhere near done, and I am currently having the Garmin quarter-turn socket printed to test it's usability.
    That's something I, and I suspect a lot of other people would pay for. I have a VIRB and a Garmin 810 and this would be hands down, the best looking and simplest solution for a dual mount.

RoadBikeReview Member

Combo Edge/Virb Handlebar mount.

I actually came up with a better solution for Virb/Edge owners. It is a combo Edge on top, Virb flat mount on the bottom, you have to supply your own insert and lock ring. Here is what it looks like:
    3D Printed Accessories / Parts / Mounts-edge_virb_home.png3D Printed Accessories / Parts / Mounts-edge_virb_front.png3D Printed Accessories / Parts / Mounts-edge_virb_right.png3D Printed Accessories / Parts / Mounts-edge_virb_top.png
    31.8 Edge/Virb Handlebar Left Side Mount on Shapeways
    31.8 Edge/Virb Handlebar Right Side Mount on Shapeways
    26.0 Edge/Virb Handlebar Left Side Mount on Shapeways
    26.0 Edge/Virb Handlebar Right Side Mount on Shapeways

Since not all cyclists ride with the same equipment, the one pictured above mounts to the left of the stem. I also have one that mounts to the right of the stem. It is long enough to mount an Edge 1000, as it is just a few millimeters longer than the K-Edge XL. I may in the future make a shorter one. There is also a version specific to 26 mm road bars. It differs somewhat from the original design, pictured above, as the Garmin now sits below the top of the handlebars rather than above it.

One thing I love about Garmin's Flat mount, is that fact that you can rotate the camera 360 besides tilting it up and down. Think about a cam that is facing 15 skew from forward and the view you could have during a race or event, not the same looking straight ahead view. Matter of fact, I like this arrangement so much I am experimenting with a GoPro Insert to replace the Virb insert so I can skew my Sony action cams and point it more toward the middle of the road rather than down the gutter/ditch.

I am also toying with the idea of building something like this for TT/TRI bikes that use bar extensions. I have a PedalForce Aeroblade and have done the Charlotte Motor Speedway Time Trail series a few seasons and think it would be great to have on board video besides still photos from the sidelines.

Update: Thought I would post a picture of the Virb mount insert on the bottom of the Garmin Edge handlebar mount.
    3D Printed Accessories / Parts / Mounts-_2mg5912.jpg
    Last edited by WheresWaldo; 05-07-2015 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Spelling, additional info and links

RoadBikeReview Member

(Edge|Forerunner|Fenix)/Virb TT Extension Combo Mount

Don't know if there would be any interest in this type of mount. I redesigned the Garmin Edge mount I was using so that it is only an eighth-turn instead of quarter-turn. As a result I ended up being able to put two sets of stops 90 offset. This allows an Edge as well as a Forerunner or Fenix to use the exact same mount without moving and/or unscrewing anything. Then I put it in a Time Trial Bar Extension type of mount. The Garmin will sit even with the extension. As an added feature I put a Virb mount under it. You can have both a cyclo-computer as well as an action cam all on the same mount. The Virb will sit below the extensions. It should fit any alloy/carbon extensions that are in the range of 20-22 mm in diameter.

Only a couple of items are required. An M4 x 15 mm socket head cap screw, an M4 nylon insert lock nut, a genuine Garmin Virb mount insert and locking ring.

Here is a render of the mount.
    3D Printed Accessories / Parts / Mounts-tt-virb-mount.png
    This same mount could be made with a built in GoPro mount also.

RoadBikeReview Member
    For all you 35 mm cockpit fans out there (fits both Deda M35 and MTB 35 mm). I have a set of Garmin Edge mounts specific to that size. Both long and short versions, with Virb or GoPro combinations. Left or right side handlebar mounting options. Check them out.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    @tlg, next Monday look for some new stuff, Garmin Edge/GoPro Combo mounts,
    What happened to your Edge/Gopro combo mount? It's not there anymore.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Need to redesign them. There was just to much vibration. So I am currently thinking about dual arms like the Virb Beta Mount.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    This is for those of us that do not want to use any starps, ties or tape to hold on their Di2 Junction 'A' box. It is a combination of a 5 mm headset spacer and the slide on clip. This differs from other clips as it is angled 17 so the junction is mounted parallel to the ground. If you are willing to give up 5 mm of saddle to handlebar drop, this is for you. Designed to fit 1.125" (28.6 mm) fork steerer tubes.
    I see you have a 10 version of this too. But it says "Designed for 31.8 mm fork steerer tubes" Is it really for a 1.25" steerer?
    Di2 Junction 'A' Clip / 5 mm Headset Spacer 10 (8RZ9D9R8A) by bud_hammerton
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    I see you have a 10 version of this too. But it says "Designed for 31.8 mm fork steerer tubes" Is it really for a 1.25" steerer?
    Di2 Junction 'A' Clip / 5 mm Headset Spacer 10 (8RZ9D9R8A) by bud_hammerton
    My mistake they are both the same, don't know how I missed it, they are both for 1 1/8" steerer tubes, I will correct the text accordingly. I went back to the source files and measured to verify.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    My mistake they are both the same, don't know how I missed it, they are both for 1 1/8" steerer tubes, I will correct the text accordingly. I went back to the source files and measured to verify.
    Great. Thanks.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member

RoadBikeReview Member
    You mean 90 to the steerer tube or parallel to the ground?

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    90 to the steerer tube. Basically flat with no angle.

RoadBikeReview Member
    90 to the steerer tube. Basically flat with no angle.
    I can have something up by tomorrow.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    That is an excellent design. Those who use the DI2 climbing shifters can't use most current mounts designed for the right side as it interferes with the shifter.
    Are you thinking something like this:

Attachment 304480

Not anywhere near done, and I am currently having the Garmin quarter-turn socket printed to test it's usability.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    I had actually found you stuff independently of the forum threads

(hopefully these links work)

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    What's that on your Gopro lens?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MoPho View Post
    I had actually found you stuff independently of the forum threads

(hopefully these links work)

This all started because my daughter has a Cannondale Synapse with the aero seat post. It was one of those things that has just grown on its own. I am not really a business just one person who had a need. Others started asking about it, that is how is come about.

Your bike is the Giant ISP? How is the fit and finish?

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    I have a question about the materials on Shapeways. All the colors are listed as polished with a smooth finish. Except for black. It has a "matte finish and slight grainy feel."

Would that grainy texture interfere with the small clips of the di2 connector?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    This all started because my daughter has a Cannondale Synapse with the aero seat post. It was one of those things that has just grown on its own. I am not really a business just one person who had a need. Others started asking about it, that is how is come about.

Your bike is the Giant ISP? How is the fit and finish?
    Yes, TCR ISP. Fit and finish is great, my only complaint would be that the the hardware needed for the mounting is too small, though understandable why you did it that way.

In hindsight I should have bought the longer one, but my past experience with GoPros is that you need to have them as close to the mounting point as possible or you get camera shake/jitter, so I didn't want to take the chance

What's that on your Gopro lens?
    It's a Neutral Density filter. It cuts the light and tricks the camera into using a slower shutter speed, which gives the motion blur and eliminates the rolling shutter/jello effect that GoPros have.

RoadBikeReview Member
    No it doesn't, that said I never buy black for myself. Since nylon can be dyed with something as simple as RIT dye, I always get white then I can match the color of the bike better. Just one hour in the dye, then let it dry overnight and that's it. The colors are really for those that want a choice and aren't as picky about exact matches.

RoadBikeReview Member
    @MoPho, you made the right decision going as short as possible.

I know M3 is small but even going just to M4 means a much bigger clamp, more nylon, higher cost. It was the best compromise I could make.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just added a couple more Di2 headset spacer clips at different angles, much cheaper than the raceware stuff. and a few more items for the Sony HDR-AZ1.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast