RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007

700x25c on a Corrida CT??

Anyone every run a 700x25c on the Rims that the Corrida comes with ??
    Just thinking about running a skinnier tire for less rolling resistance. I'm use to the wide tolerances of a Mtn Bike tire/rim where it seems you can run anything from 1.5 to 2.4 on them.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Home Brew User!
    Jul 2004
    You certainly can run a more narrow tire on the rim without any concern but I would be surprised if that is a significant factor in rolling resistance. Depending on brand the Kendra 28's that came with it may not be as wide as some 25's.

There are other factors that play into rolling resistance besides width. Post over in the wheels and tire forum or the commuting forum and ask which tires roll faster. Nashbar has some Michelin Dynamic 28's on sale for 12.99. I have not ridden them yet but 4 showed up at my door today and I heard from a very reliable source that they are great tires.

Tire width is really only a factor with wind resistance and that is fairly insignificant at speeds under 20ish MPH and practically meaningless if riding in a group.

One of the best things about your bike is the ability to run fat tires. Stick with them.
    Joined the other team in the name of the economy

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007

Thanks for the quick response..

Thanks for the quick response.. Gives me more things to think about. I think I'm doing another group ride this Saturday morning so we'll see how I do. No hurry to get rid of the 28's yet..

Kevin