RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2016

Adventure-oriented endurance bikes

Iím in the market for a new bike and was focusing on endurance-sportive types like the Roubaix. Turns out what I really want is something similar to my motorcycle (a Wee-strom), i. e., a bike thatís comfortable over long distances but that is also capable and fun on gravel, hardpack and other sub-par roads.

So I guess what Iím really looking for is a bike with with endurance frame geometry, capable of using wider (42mm) tires and with fender mounts. Comfort and longevity are very important and while I had been looking at carbon, Ti may really be the frame material I should be considering.

The Litespeed Cherohola SE and Lynskey Sportive seem to be likely suspects but I'm sure there are a lot of others in the category that I'm unaware of.

Appreciate all instructive and constructive feedback.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieRN View Post
    Iím in the market for a new bike and was focusing on endurance-sportive types like the Roubaix. Turns out what I really want is something similar to my motorcycle (a Wee-strom), i. e., a bike thatís comfortable over long distances but that is also capable and fun on gravel, hardpack and other sub-par roads.

So I guess what Iím really looking for is a bike with with endurance frame geometry, capable of using wider (42mm) tires and with fender mounts. Comfort and longevity are very important and while I had been looking at carbon, Ti may really be the frame material I should be considering.

The Litespeed Cherohola SE and Lynskey Sportive seem to be likely suspects but I'm sure there are a lot of others in the category that I'm unaware of.

Appreciate all instructive and constructive feedback.

Specialized Diverge which is basically a Roubaix with wider tire capability...considered a gravel bike.. Either '18 model with future shock or pick up last year's model without.
    Some believe moving close to 40mm tires and related lower pressures precludes need for the steerer shock on the new Roubaix and now '18 Diverge.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    I think you nailed it already with your two choices. I agree Ti is the way to go. But also consider steel is you can deal with paint chips and a bit of extra weight in exchange for saving a few bucks.