RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013

Anyone able to photograph their Elite Direto power adapter for me? I've lost my one

As in title, does anyone have an Elite Direto and have the wall adapter / Power supply handy? I can't find info on it online or one to buy, so was going to find a generic, but I want to make sure I know:

1) Voltage
    2) Current
    3) Plug polarity (at the unit).

A picture of the info printed on an original (USA) Elite Directo power supply would be really appreciated if someone has time.

Thanks

PS - I packed it when we moved house, but as it's so generic looking, I'm just not sure where it is now. So either the picture will allow me to confirm I have the right one (I'm not wanting to plug the wrong one in), or buy a generic and know it's right.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013
    Is this it? This one ended up in a pile of stuff completely unrelated to bicycles or the pain cave ...

Really don't want to damage a 50 lb trainer and then have to deal with getting that fixed.

If it is the one, I wish Elite has printed their name on it!

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Anyone able to photograph their Elite Direto power adapter for me? I've lost my one-img_20180908_170829060.jpg
    Gravel Rocks

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Trek Crockett

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013
    Thanks, looks like my one is still missing then.

Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by Srode View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180908_170829060.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	323600

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Srode View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180908_170829060.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	323600
    Lower one's a standard 12 volt DC output. So if the plug fits, take a chance.

The upper one says "9 volts" output, so is probably the wrong one, so won't charge battery up to 12 volts. OTOH, could be the 12 volt output of the right one is really charging up a 9 volt battery. Standard 12 volt car battery chargers actually put out 14 volts. Both rated 2 amps can handle the same size batteries.
    Last edited by Fredrico; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:35 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013
    Thanks, I eventually found one in a random drawer that matches Srodes photo. I would not have guessed it was the one, as it was nowhere near where the trainer is.

Yeah, I was so unsure if it was 9V or not, but then there's the whole polarity of those connectors. Sometimes the outer is ground, sometimes the inner ... so I could send the wrong voltage, but also send it with +ve and -ve reversed!!

I'll go set it up tonight for a ride tomorrow. I will also be printing a nice label for it so I never get confused again.

Thanks all,

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    Lower one's a standard 12 volt DC output. So if the plug fits, take a chance.

The upper one says "9 volts" output, so is probably the wrong one, so won't charge battery up to 12 volts. OTOH, could be the 12 volt output of the right one is really charging up a 9 volt battery. Standard 12 volt car battery chargers actually put out 14 volts. Both rated 2 amps can handle the same size batteries.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SNS1938 View Post
    Thanks, I eventually found one in a random drawer that matches Srodes photo. I would not have guessed it was the one, as it was nowhere near where the trainer is.

Yeah, I was so unsure if it was 9V or not, but then there's the whole polarity of those connectors. Sometimes the outer is ground, sometimes the inner ... so I could send the wrong voltage, but also send it with +ve and -ve reversed!!

I'll go set it up tonight for a ride tomorrow. I will also be printing a nice label for it so I never get confused again.

Thanks all,
    Glad you got it sorted out - labeling them is a really good idea - I need to do that with all the connectors we have around here too. Today's age of electronic devices is creating a mess!
    Gravel Rocks

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Trek Crockett