Jack of no trades

Anyone hear of the Lezyne Caddy Sack?

I've got one and love it. I shove it inside by bib shorts to have my jersey pockets free for other things. But the one I have is rather small (made to fit inside a jersey pocket) and I'd like a slightly larger one to shove my minipump in to get it off my downtube.. When I bought it there were larger sizes available but I can't seem to find them anywhere online or on Lezyne's site.

Anyone know if the larger ones are still available?

Lezyne Caddy Sack

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    I have one too and love it. As an added bonus, it enables you to abide by Rule #31; Spare tubes, multi-tools and repair kits should be stored in jersey pockets.

I had to order mine (regular sized) online - I have yet to see one in any of my lbs.. Lezyne website only lists the 'regular' sized one to boot.

If you could find the right material you could make one yourself..

Dimples
    I have been trying out a microfiber sunglass bag. It fits everything I need to carry without any extra bulk, fits easily in my jersey pocket, and it was just lying around anyway. So far so good.

RoadBikeReview Member
    It's a bag with a zipper, right? Luggage and camping suppliers make them in about a million sizes and shapes, if you don't want to just use a ziploc.
    http://www.rei.com/category/4500346
    Unless it needs to have a cycling-related name on it for the coolness factor.

Not a rocket surgeon.
    Nov 2008
    A zip lock works fine for me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    Cheaper and work just as well.

The Container Store > Black Mesh Toiletry Bags

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've done one of the smaller Eagle Creek organizer bags in the past. Right now I use a Timbuk 2 little bag that neatly fits everything I need tool wise. My spare tube goes in a cycling sock I toss in a back pocket. In the bag is a mini pump, co2 inflator and at least 1 spare canister, multi-tool, patch kit, chain tool and some chain pins and a few other odds and ends, including a presta to schrader converter in case I need gas station air.

Update: Pretty sure this is the one I am using.
    Last edited by krisdrum; 05-04-2012 at 07:30 AM.

Jack of no trades
    Sure, there are a lot of other options, but especially in the heat of summer (when I'm sweating my arse off), it'd probably be more practical to have something waterproof. Even a zip lock bag would form condensation on the inside from my body heat, thereby rusting things I don't need rusting.

Sleep Expert
    Meh, I just use a saddle bag. Rules schmules!
    My carbon footprint has cleats

Folsom City Blues...
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanya View Post
    Meh, I just use a saddle bag. Rules schmules!
    ^^^^^this^^^^

PAX
    Tao Te Ching

The movement of the Tao is to return
    The way of Tao is to yield

Heaven, Earth and all things

are born of existant world.

The existent world is born of nothingness of Tao

Master Lao Tzu

banned
    Sep 2011
    Really really freaking bizarre. We have to just let it out that a $0.04 zip lock bag will work here, for about three trips, but drop $3K, $2K of it on sheer self indulgence, on exactly what ???

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wood Devil View Post
    Sure, there are a lot of other options, but especially in the heat of summer (when I'm sweating my arse off), it'd probably be more practical to have something waterproof. Even a zip lock bag would form condensation on the inside from my body heat, thereby rusting things I don't need rusting.
    Not that I really care, but how is this bag you're looking for more waterproof than a ziploc, and how does a sealed ziploc bag get condensation on the inside?

Never mind. My real question is why you want to carry all that stuff in lumps under your clothes, rather than in a seat bag. And the pump, too? On the frame always seemed like a good place for those.

Different strokes. Anyway, check out the camping/luggage stuff. You might be able to find precisely the size you need.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Screw the rules, just use my saddle pack.

RoadBikeReview Member
    look up water proof stuff sack.

Funny enough, the ultra light camping guys seem to get just as spendy as the biking guys. You can easily find tarps for hundreds of dollars.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012

Condensation.

Quote Originally Posted by JCavilia View Post
    Not that I really care, but how is this bag you're looking for more waterproof than a ziploc, and how does a sealed ziploc bag get condensation on the inside?

Never mind. My real question is why you want to carry all that stuff in lumps under your clothes, rather than in a seat bag. And the pump, too? On the frame always seemed like a good place for those.

Different strokes. Anyway, check out the camping/luggage stuff. You might be able to find precisely the size you need.
    Condensation happens to me, too when using a zip-loc. I am a sweaty beast, though. Thanks to this thread, I am now using a sunglasses sack. Works a treat!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    I just like the looks of a bike better without an ugly saddle bag hanging under the saddle. Besides - when was the last time you even looked in yours?

I used a variety of small bags - ziplock, small camera bags, small gear kits from REI, etc, but they all came with concessions The caddy sack is the perfect size/shape for the center back pocket. I have a tube, 2 levers, co2 inflator, extra cartridge, multi-tool (w/chain breaker), extra links & a zip-lock baggie with some cash. So packed, it's maybe in inch thick and again fits perfectly in the pocket. My cell phone still goes in a ziplock baggie in another pocket, with space for warmers/gloves and I still have a pocket for food.

It's $10. Seriously, we typically pay more than that for socks..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    I don't really care for rule #31. I obey rule #5 as much a possible, and can't even remember the rest of them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ClancyO View Post
    I have one too and love it. As an added bonus, it enables you to abide by Rule #31; Spare tubes, multi-tools and repair kits should be stored in jersey pockets.
    Absolutely not.

Nothing that is heavy enough to significantly stretch the back of the jersey is allowed in the jersey pocket. The rationale is not fashion-based, it is just a convenient generic rule of the thumb used by cyclists to determine how much is acceptable to stuff in your jersey pockets without looking ridiculous. The actual weight will, of course, depend on the material the jersey is made from (thermal jerseys can hold more).

As for a typical short-sleeve cycling jersey: no spare tubes, no multi-tools, no pumps, no CO2 inflators in jersey pockets under any circumstances. A patch kit is OK.

Such items are stored in the saddle bag. The saddle bag should be big enough to hold: a spare tube, a multi-tool, a patch kit (better place for it than the jersey anyway), tire levers, spare batteries for the lights and computer, some extra loose tools and parts (depending on the capabilities of your multi-tool).

A pump goes on the frame not into the saddle bag. Trying to squeeze a pump into a saddle bag leads to either unnecessarily large saddle bag or uselessly small pump.

If you are using CO2 inflators, however deplorable that is, you store them in the saddle bag. However, even in this case you still need a pump on your frame to make sure no one suspects you of using CO2 inflators.
    Last edited by AndreyT; 05-04-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Jack of no trades
    I just like the looks of a bike better without an ugly saddle bag hanging under the saddle. Besides - when was the last time you even looked in yours?

I used a variety of small bags - ziplock, small camera bags, small gear kits from REI, etc, but they all came with concessions The caddy sack is the perfect size/shape for the center back pocket. I have a tube, 2 levers, co2 inflator, extra cartridge, multi-tool (w/chain breaker), extra links & a zip-lock baggie with some cash. So packed, it's maybe in inch thick and again fits perfectly in the pocket. My cell phone still goes in a ziplock baggie in another pocket, with space for warmers/gloves and I still have a pocket for food.

It's $10. Seriously, we typically pay more than that for socks..
    I could probably get away with not bringing my mini-pump if I could get over my fear of the co2 inflater -- the first time I used mine, the air went rushing in so fast if blew the tube. Then I did the same with a second. Then I had to walk home. Maybe there's a trick to doing it, I just remain gunshy to rely on it until I figure them out.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    I just like the looks of a bike better without an ugly saddle bag hanging under the saddle.
    Agreed. I just throw everything in my camelbak

RoadBikeReview Member
    Caddy Sack is hilarious (that Bill Murray. . .) Been awhile since I've watched it. . .think I'll pull it up on Netflix after todays ride.

Thanks for the suggestion guys!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've got one and love it. I shove it inside by bib shorts to have my jersey pockets free for other things. ...
    Back in the day, I used to stuff a carefully rolled up sock in my shorts when going to the disco.

B05
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Neoprene pencil case + Ziplock bag

$1