RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004

Anyone Using the Louis Garneau Titan Carbon Helmet?

Anyone using this newish, high end helmet? If you are, a review or your impressions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Joe

jains89
    Its a very very narrow helmet. They sponsor our team so i had the option to get one, but i could not even get the thing to fit on my head. It would not go down past the forehead, so i opted for the OZ-ZY which is a bit wider. For reference bell's fit me perfectly. YMMV

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    Thanks for the reply. Odd that it would be so narrow compared to the Oz-zy. Just won an eBay auction for a Titan for around $50 (new!), which was too good to pass up. The L Oz-zy fit me well, and I even considered buying one a few years back, so I thought the Titan might have a similar fit. I guess I will see when the thing arrives.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I also have the OZ-zy helmet & have been debating the merits of the Titan Carbon. Let us know what you think about the fit, quality, etc..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by smark811
    I also have the OZ-zy helmet & have been debating the merits of the Titan Carbon. Let us know what you think about the fit, quality, etc..
    OK, spent the weekend riding with the new LG Titan and my impressions are good. Looks and construction are fine and the shape seems to suit my head. Feels a few grams lighter than my Lazer Blade, which is the helmet I have been using for the last few years. In many ways the two helmets are quite similar: good ventilation and the straps are almost identical. The dial adjuster on the LG is slightly easier to use than the two button click system on the Lazer (similar to some Giro models). Hopefully I will never find out if the titanium ring (?) and carbon fiber bits make this helmet any safer.

Oh, the LG helmets are actually made in Canada, unlike the two major "US" brands which are outsourced to our favorite low-cost country. Now the downside: I wouldn't buy this helmet at the list price, which is over $150. But I won't be spending that kind of money on a tarted up piece of styrofoam from any other manufacturer either. How someone can manage to sell these on eBay for $50 and not take a loss does make me wonder....