gds
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008

assos ss.13 jersey issue

I bought one of the new super-expensive assos jerseys about a month ago and it doesn't seem to be holding it's color. The pockets and the front panel have faded from the original white to a shade of grey. Just the stretchy material...all the other white parts are still bright white. It gets a little more grey with each ride. I'm not using assos's detergent, but something very mild. Anyone else having this issue?

thanks.

gastarbeiter
    what temperature are you washing it in?
    We have differences but we're not made different. If you don't agree with me, you're wrong. - Clement Greenberg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Have you contacted the retailer you bought from or contacted Assos?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2003
    This is the jersey that retails for $300+? It should not only be colorfast, but also make you breakfast and push you up hills. As of Sept. 2008, this was contact info for Assos North America. For that kind of money, Flanagan should get on the corporate jet and fly another jersey to you.

For sales orders and questions, please contact Pat Flanagan at 760-277-0398 or patflanagan@ASSOS.ch
    Riding to break the cycle of breast cancer in the Young Survival Coalition Tour de Pink--3 days, 200 miles.
    www.ysctourdepink.org

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    I have a white SS13 also that has the same problem. Everytime it was washed it got worse. I don't even wear it anymore. POS.

gds
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008
    It seems that the fabric is also breaking down if you look at it closely. I'm sure there is some sort of problem with the fabric. Probably the other colors do the same but it's just not as noticeable. I found this by googling 'ss.13 discolor'

http://www.ciclo.com.tw/ASSOS/others/assos_problems.htm

I can't see how Assos could consider this normal.

must be a known issue and i think assos should replace my jersey. Anyone else with a ss.13 should check it for discoloration.

all the gear - no idea
    Sep 2003

sweat

Quote Originally Posted by gds
    It seems that the fabric is also breaking down if you look at it closely. I'm sure there is some sort of problem with the fabric. Probably the other colors do the same but it's just not as noticeable. I found this by googling 'ss.13 discolor'

http://www.ciclo.com.tw/ASSOS/others/assos_problems.htm

I can't see how Assos could consider this normal.

must be a known issue and i think assos should replace my jersey. Anyone else with a ss.13 should check it for discoloration.
    Do you sweat heavily? If so be careful - Assos make big deal about how their fabrics react to sweat (not very well over time apparently, but likely that applies to every makers lycra stuff). I returned a pair of 2 year old shorts direct to Assos customer support in Switzerland. Shorts went see through behind, not in area where meets saddle (not good for those following!). Fabric deteriorated. Got the standard 'look after your shorts' letter and option to buy replacement at less than half price. I did. Assos clothes need to be washed straight away, or at least rinsed of sweat and dried, so they say.

I have used their stuff for years but now it's too expensive in UK, for me at least...